You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

Olorin wrote:

Anybody got their free months pass to Nightrain yet?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I found what could be a loophole, I went to forgot password and entered the email address that I used when it wouldnt let me register, it sent out a link to reset it and when I did it took me to the profile for Olorin.
Also I checked my hotmail and I got the code sent by GNR.com for my free access to Nightrain, so I'm in smile

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I joined the free month trial of the Night train forum and I'm on their mailing list too. big_smile Profile: Soul Monster Magic

Just looking around and seeing what I could do in the near future once I invest in the site when I get the money.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Cool I'll look you up, what do you think of it?

I'm not that impressed with the layout, also finding a bit tricky navigating through pages, mainly I cant find my way back to my profile other than right clicking, then back, I cant see how to log out either.

I just wonder if they'll do anything to encourage the folk with free trials to hang around when that expires, theres not much I've seen so far that sells the place to me. Free streams or ones at a good discount might, I enjoyed the one the other day and it was cheap as chips.
Not sure if I'll delve in too much with the forum, until theres new music everythings been said to death, although around the UK tour it might be quite handy to see who's going and meet up with folk.

Anyone else a member?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Olorin wrote:

I'm not that impressed with the layout, also finding a bit tricky navigating through pages, mainly I cant find my way back to my profile other than right clicking, then back, I cant see how to log out either.

I just wonder if they'll do anything to encourage the folk with free trials to hang around when that expires, theres not much I've seen so far that sells the place to me. Free streams or ones at a good discount might, I enjoyed the one the other day and it was cheap as chips.
Not sure if I'll delve in too much with the forum, until theres new music everythings been said to death, although around the UK tour it might be quite handy to see who's going and meet up with folk.

Anyone else a member?

I think it's okay and it gets the job done especially for a band website. Band websites are usually average. Look at Van Halen's..besides vids and ticket & updated concert info...there is nothing much there. Megadeth's cyber army memberships are ridiculous even though the rest of their website is pretty solid.  I like the look of it captures the current lineup and I like that they are using Tiny chat for their chat service. I'm sure they will add more things in the near future and maybe some new songs. It's a good place to put that kind of content. The forums and blog areas are abit clunky and crammed together; but that's okay I guess. I posted a comment in one of the forums and went pretty well. I'm sure after a few months they can update that crap. Once they get positive feedback and start adding more content for die hard GNR fans and fix charges, then it may turn into something special. If not then they can always use their facebook and twitter profiles for other things.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Anyone else a member?

I'm contemplating.

The problem I have is that I'm not really interested in laminates, bandanas etc (are many fans post 30yrs old?). There's plenty of free forums on the web, so unless the band are actively engaged there I can't really see the point of that.

The VIP tickets sound ok, but I'd only really be interested if they were playing small/theatre type gigs, which I can't see them doing outside the US for now. i can't see a problem getting tickets for UK gigs.

I do buy into what someone else said about supporting the band though. They seem to be getting their asses into gear now.

What I would really buy into, is if they did something like pledge music where fans could 'pledge' an amount in advance for an cd/lp or maybe even the outtakes from the Chinese Sessions (www.pledgemusic.com). Particularly if there was tie in to a charitable cause such as Tomm's earthquake appeal

So I'm not quite sold yet but thinking about it!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Nah I'm not interested in laminates, bandanas etc either, wont pay the shipment costs just to use the forum either. I like it here anyway, you get better discussions with less users.
Its pretty cool GNR finally have a functioning website though, if they start uploading exclusive videos and audio I'd probably bite the bullet and get a subsciption. I think it will be cool around the time of a live show you are seeing, its good craic seeing what others are up to.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ron was back on the chat earlier. smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I just got an email from u2.com saying it's time to renew my membership. It costs $40 and it includes the following:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-A copy of 'U22'(live 360 tour album) as soon as it comes out of production. It's the ultimate U2360°collectors edition, presented in a custom-designed, large-format 24-page book documenting the tour with insider photography and liner notes.
PHOTO_15622497_74615_12626995_ap.jpg

And as a subscriber to U2.com you'll continue to receive access-all-areas on U2.com including :

All the band's music streaming in full all the time.
Exclusive live video and documentary footage, which also  works on iPhones and iPads.
Rare 'BandCam' video clips shot by the band.
Subscriber only content including interviews, news and behind-the-scenes tour diaries.
Zootopia, our 24/7 fan community with message boards, fan blogs and Zootopian video uploads and galleries.
U2.com regular mail out's and updates.
Your own @u2.com email address.
25% discount coupon against your first purchase in the U2.com Store.-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess that is why I was shocked to see how much gunsnroses.com is charging for memberships and how little they are giving the fan in return. Having said that it is cool and about time Gn'R have a legit official site. I think what they are charging fans for memberships is crazy and yet at the end of the day nobody is forced to pay anything they don't want to so..... Hey we always bitched about no official site... or at least no legit official site. At least there is one now. Baby steps 16

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

That looks pretty awesome, I'd more than be happy to pay for that if I liked U2 lol, would be amazing if GNR ended up with the same kind of quality offerings.

I agree completely about "baby steps", the band has come on lightyears of late with their public relations with the fan base, its still pretty cumbersome at times, but this is a whole new ball game to them, so all in all they are doing pretty fuckin well.

The website is glitchy as hell, it has problems that I never even knew existed lol, just shows how ship shape things are on these fan made forums 22

Board footer