You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

Intercourse wrote:

Nothing worse than a cheap fan club that pisses on their fans.
Seriously, who the fuck is in charge over there? Get a fucking marketing intern in and try please just fucking TRY to deliver us tired and bedraggled fans a bone worth getting really excited about.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Really sucks, no doubt.

I toyed with the idea of premium membership to get an 'exclusive' t-shirt, but had a tough month financially so went for general only.

Glad I saved myself the extra cash now...there's no way I'd wear an AFD t-shirt. Love the album, but I support Guns 2012.

Wonder what the general membership holders receive?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Here's my thing. They could have given out literally ANYTHING but an AFD shirt and had room to spin it.

It honestly would've been better to just have left a shirt out if the AFD one was all they had to give. I almost bought that CD Gift Set just to get the stuff in it so I would've been let down, but not flat out mad like I am over the AFD shirt.

The best part is that people on htgth are going on about how this isn't GN'R's fault. They're finding a way to put it on GroundCTRL. Make no mistake, that company is passing out exactly what they were given by GN'R "management". What else could be the case? They went to Hot Topic and got a smokin' deal on AFD shirts and decided to hand them out as exclusives?

I really believe that what happened here is that "management" looked at what was laying around, threw it all in a box and said "fuck it, unload it on the die-hards, they'll eat this shit up". Now they're caught, as evidenced on the official forum and probably won't do anything about it.

I've never believed that the Lebeis' ever actually liked GN'R fans and to me, treatment like this makes it obvious. And if you ask me, it goes to show that they don't really care about Axl or his vision. Why on Earth would they think it's ok to pass out shirts with the likeness of 5 guys (one of which being 'The Cancer') who Axl has such a thing against?

To me this answer is plain and simple: they just don't give a shit about anything except that the money is coming in. What a shame.

Also, to add fuel to the fire, all 80's/90's designs are still under the old contract agreement, so Slash and Duff would actually have to RECEIVE money from these merchs.

Lame ass management, if you ask me.

Axl should go all St Louis on it: "Thanks to the lame ass management, I'm going home!" pwerfk (sound of mike on the floor) 16

Now seriously: shame on the Lebeis for letting this happen, shame on Axl for letting the Lebeis manage him and a worldwide brand such as GnR with such a disregard.

Go back to Azoff and reunite, for Christ's sake! You're starting to LITERALLY rub the name on mud|shit|whatever floats your boat.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

They seriously need to get on this shit and fix this problem. They couldn't of hired a visual artist to make a few shirts by using well captured photos of the band's recent tours. I've seen the photos on facebook and some of the pics with Ashba, Axl, and Ron would look great on a shirt with the right detailing. The photographer they have is fantastic.  Even one with the whole band together on stage captured in the right light would be very rock n' roll adding the logo and maybe some tour dates or a tag line on the back. Sell that with the membership and add some mugs or THE GRENADE SHIRT (saying Good Morning America or How ru? with GNR's logo OR ONE WITH CD'S ARTWORK! It isn't rocket science, GNR management. Then add maybe a pre-order for an instant download of a band photo, or a deal on discount tickets for future shows or new songs, remixes of material already released. I don't want a belt buckle print. Posters? They could make this really easy. NO APPETITE SHIRTS! If they are releasing new material talk about it and don't keep it secret or cryptic.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Meanwhile on the official Twitter:

Guns N' Roses
Attention Nightrain members. Here is the fan club t-shirt!

427939_10150787882873069_10901008068_9645923_570801775_n.jpg

THAT one I'd like...

No word on when and how... People are complaining they're receiving different designs, even ones from the Illusions era.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Come on now, we all know Fernando was getting fanclub merch by rummaging through boxes in Axl's garage.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

That new t-shirt design is fantastic.  I love it.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That shirt looks fucking awesome.

Board footer