You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: LA Times Interview With Axl

I remember when I heard Silkworms live for the first time and thought, this is an amazing sound. When I learned later that Pitman had a huge hand in it, I was sold.

I really wish we hear the crunchy electronic tones of that song again in the future.

AtariLegend wrote:
madagas wrote:

He does have two writing credits with Axl on If the World and Maddy. Plus, he is on almost every track in varying capacities. Just look at the liner notes...I don't think his parts are any more inconsequential than the 30 guitars on each track. Actually, he is more valuable to the album, in my eyes, than Ron and Richard. His keys give a pretty cool vibe to the record. To me, the best parts of the album are the keyboards, effects, lyrics, and orchestration. The guitars are good in parts but I find them to be the messiest part of the whole thing.

Plus, nobody can get drunk and fall in to a keyboard like Mother Goose!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25JjlC8pAA

From same show I think, Stinson looks hammered too towards the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdCOwYO5bM0

At least they had a good time together.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Right, so it's ok for Chris to be a drunken fool on stage, yet, Slash being drunk on stage with Axl is a no-no...?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Right, so it's ok for Chris to be a drunken fool on stage, yet, Slash being drunk on stage with Axl is a no-no...?

uh, no. Just a funny joke. Gotta say sick of the Slash ass kissers lately. Way hypersensitive for no reason. I know my Gnr History well and Slash did just fine. I am very happy with that.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
madagas wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

uh, no. Just a funny joke. Gotta say sick of the Slash ass kissers lately. Way hypersensitive for no reason. I know my Gnr History well and Slash did just fine. I am very happy with that.

I wasn't actually having a go at anyone here, my point was more that didn't Axl have a disliking for other band members being drunk on stage while he was sober?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

For the record, I'm ok with everyone being drunk as often as they want. On or off stage. With or without Axl.

Me too, cheers! 5 16

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Pitman is a leftover from the "industrial" phase that Axl went though.  Real rock doesn't need Chris Pitman, but if it makes Axl feel better that he has a guy that can do electronica on a few tunes, who gives a fuck.  Having 3 guitar players isn't necessary either, but Axl thinks it means a better show.. I guess.. But I don't see the need.  Lynyrd Skynrd had the need, GNR, don't think so.  And, if you are going to have 3 guys, how about some fucking harmony every now and then like Maiden and Judas Priest.

you are way over the top Slashite nuts now. All three Sknyrd guys can play with Slash....Izzy is gone so no one can replicate those riffs unles you have a big three like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY63KTMrkTM

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Saw Mark Canter posted this at mygnr, referring to the  Lebeis':

They have been running things for a long time. They will also save 15% that they would have to had paid someone else to do the things that they have already been telling a manger to do. I know that sounded a bit twisted but what I'm trying to say is that they are the ones who have been running things anyways, so why pay the extra cash. It will free up money to get more things done.

Nothing new obviously as we all knew those guys were really pulling the strings and management had to go thru them.  But interesting to hear someone close to Axl confirm it.

It makes sense, if you are paying someone for management and advice that you aren't taking, you are wasting your money.

The logical next question following that statement is if they are the ones that have been running things anyway, why should we expect anything different going forward when they are "officially" in control?

Hope I'm wrong because I want new music from Axl and bloody anyone he cares to get in the studio at this stage.  Plus I would love to see this band function even remotely like a normal band.  So I will cross my fingers and hope for the best, but sadly my expectations are low. I hope I end up with egg on my face and they prove me wrong.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'm just putting this out there don't hate me for it but..... If say 2012 comes and goes and nothing much new happens and it causes some of the members to leave and then be replaced again do we as fans simply stop aknowldeging the whole thing as "Guns N' Roses"

I mean there's a very real chance that members of this band decide to walk if by the end of 2012 nothing new seems to be on the horizon and if that does in fact happen at what point does it simply become a touring Menudo situation(if it isn't already)

Aussie's comment here made me think of this

Aussie wrote:

Hope I'm wrong because I want new music from Axl and bloody anyone he cares to get in the studio at this stage.

I agree with that but at the same time I feel like it's me wanting to hear new Axl Rose material and the Gn'R thing isn't that importnat cause in a  sense if this version of the band does nothing Gn'R no longer exists and in reality the CD era would have never been a  Guns n' Roses thing either.

Yeah yeah technically he has the name, I get it but do you guys get what I'm saying here?  I'm gettng the sense that others feel 2012 is kind of a be all end all for this thing. I feel that way to a  degree and if nothing comes from 2012 then what? Do we just add another year of Gn'R cred to DJ and the gang. At what point does being in this band mean absolutely nothing?

I just say this because if this thing drags out for another year or two or three or even more before we get a new album I'm positive it will be a different lineup by then.

With the Beta Clan running the show what's their motivation to pressure Axl into an album rather than simply tour again. Touring is where the money is not in releasing an album so....  With them officially officially in charge I dont' see anything happening when it comes to new music.

Board footer