You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: When's Album?

apex-twin wrote:

Not actually an update, but added the Dizzy quip about maybe working on songs in between the club tour (which is now going until March) and RRHOF.

The confirmation being, they haven't done squat as of yet.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Looks like Tommy is doing a mini solo tour march/april, dont know how involved he'll be in any recording.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

All they'd seriously need is DJ to rerecord some spots. Not unless they're working out the songs in rehearsal and recording at Electric Ladyland like last time. But I don't see a whole lot of "new" songs on the next album.

Sky Dog wrote:

there ain't jack shit coming....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

FamousDC-DebbieDowner-BIG.jpg

I kid, I kid

Sky Dog wrote:

Billy Bummer since my name is Billy........:P

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Remaining club dates (bolded) vs Tommy dates:

02/21/12  Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore

02/23/12  Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore

02/24/12  Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues

02/27/12  Philadelphia, PA @ The Electric Factory

02/29/12 Philadelphia at MilkBoy Philly (Tommy double-booked)
02/29/12  Miami Beach, FL @ Fillmore at Jackie Gleason Theatre    

03/03/12  Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues Orlando

03/14/12 Dallas, TX at Double Wide

03/15/12 Austin, TX at Lambert’s

03/16/12 Austin, TX at The Jackalope
03/16/12 Austin, TX at Dirty Dog Bar

03/17/12 Austin, TX  The Ginger Man
03/17/12 Austin, TX    The Whiskey Room

03/18/12 Austin, TX    The Continental Club

04/11/12  Boston, MA  T.T. The Bear’s

04/12/12  Brooklyn, NY  Union Hall

04/13/12  Vienna, VA  Jammin’ Java

04/14/12 RRHOF @ Cleveland, OH
04/14/12 Harrisburg, PA  Spy Club

05/17/12: Dublin, Ireland @ The O2 - First confirmed Euro show so far

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Tommys got some shows in April as well:

http://tommystinson.com/shows/

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Thanks for that.

Tommy's going to be in another state during the RRHOF, so I guess we can discount the new band performing with a full lineup.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Who says a one-off would need to be half-assed?

Exactly, do think either Slash or Axl is going to want to be any less than scorching hot on stage while playing with their arch nemesis for the first time in eons?

Axl's take is that Slash bailed on him so he's going to want to show Slash that he's still the biggest tom fucking cat on the strip when it comes to singing rock n'roll...

Likewise Slash is sober and bigger than he's been in years, he's going to want Axl to see what the fuck he's been missing...

I cannot imagine either man's ego would let him be anything less than fucking devastating, especially as the world watches and judges who has survived the journey better..

These bastards didn't even rehearse in the drug times are were still  amazing live. All of them have been playing AFD tunes with every waif and stray they have worked with for donkey's years now so its going to be easy for them to do these tunes well. The tension and energy between them could really bring out the old GNR beast again!!

I firmly believe that Axl & Slash are at peace because Axl seems too comfortable about this...no on stage rants about being "forced by the old alumni" into doing something "he's not comfortable with that's ripping of you the fan"...blah blah balh...none of that shit is out there right now..he's not talking like that anymore..

In fact his "stay bitter, blame everybody" joke he made at Chicago sounds like a snippet of a conversation that is on his mind..

It's too quiet for me...I am going to put my chips on the old guys getting it done

Board footer