You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: When's Album?

apex-twin wrote:

Who needs reunions, anyway?

Guest spots can be handy.

Sky Dog wrote:

dude, the original lineup with 2 hours of rehearsal blows through a 3-5 song set without missing a beat.

They are pretty skilled at this point.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Great post. Makes a lot of sense.

The psychology angle is interesting. Could go either way.

Like when Slash is happy, like on his current tour, he kicksass, but if he's distracted it might not go as well. The recent VR reunion he seemed to play a couple of the same songs much more diminished than he's been doing it normally. It really just felt like he didn't want to be there.

Same with Axl. There's a real psychology to his peformances and he sort of wears his heart on his sleeve. You could be right that he'll have something to prove and will come out with the fires of hell in him. I'd believe that. Then again - if he feels pushed into it - he could come out in lackluster mode - like when he gets forced on stage by a time limit or like a show where someone pisses him off in the opening seconds by throwing shit at the band. Or if he gets psyched out by the momentous occasion of it all - it could go a little RIR4 ish.

So I could see it going either way.

But damn...I've been skeptical that they'd really play together - but if they did and they were both on their absolute A game - can you imagine how bad ass!

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

misterID wrote:

All they'd seriously need is DJ to rerecord some spots. Not unless they're working out the songs in rehearsal and recording at Electric Ladyland like last time. But I don't see a whole lot of "new" songs on the next album.

DJ Ashba^TM may want it so, but there is no evidence anything is on the pipeline. Even Caram at a couple of NYC shows.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Looks like Tommy is doing a mini solo tour march/april, dont know how involved he'll be in any recording.

We know bumble recorded CD2 tracks back when he recorded for CD1. So i'd assume tommy is the same. I'd guess it's pretty much just a case of add some DJ over dubs....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Looks like Tommy is doing a mini solo tour march/april, dont know how involved he'll be in any recording.

We know bumble recorded CD2 tracks back when he recorded for CD1. So i'd assume tommy is the same. I'd guess it's pretty much just a case of add some DJ over dubs....

What monkey said.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Pretty much. I think they should take DJ and Axl's written material and make fresh material with the current lineup. big_smile It would be a true return to form and make all the GNR fans right now happy. Then they should just release an album of session work of Chinese that Nirvana, Hendrix's music company, and Brian Wilson has done. It would be hard to scramble all that material since it's probably from 1997-2007. That's a rough estimate. Seeing DJ's overdubs on new songs wouldn't be a bad idea either. Just have to seamlessly add the new band into the tracks but including the best parts from previous band alumni and session musicians like Bucket, Robin, Brain, etc.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A few people here have said that. I really don't like that idea. If he has an album he wants to release, release it. No need to start from scratch. I want to hear Soul Monster, Seven, Atlas, The General, Thyme, etc.

If there's an album ready and all he wants is to put DJ on it, do it. Don't wait. No reason to. Why would anyone want another delay? At some point those original recordings will leak.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I see your point. Like everyone else, I would love to see Soul Monster, Seven, Atlas, The General, and the songs that have been rumored like Blood in the water, and so on in some shape and form! I believe DJ, Ron, and Tommy can give Axl the right push he needs to release something in the next few years. Maybe a new song or single during the year may happen to our surprise due to the current band gaining momentum, the site, and other good things starting to happen for the fans & management starting to recover.

johndivney wrote:

he has no new album
no motivation for new music. just pressure he doesn't want to deal with.

he's lost it.
that's supposing he ever had it under control to begin with.

Board footer