You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: NFL Playoffs

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't know if you guys had it Canada, but when I was a kid they had a Sunday morning cartoon that featured Bo Jackson, Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan as superheros. 16

16 absolutely. I was thinking about that when posting my comment. They also had a cereal called Pro Stars or All Stars or something like that

James Lofton wrote:

In his late 30s, Montana sat on the sidelines for 2 yrs with 2 career ending injuries. Gets traded to the Chiefs and took that mediocre offense to the AFC championship. If Bruce Smith doesn't knock him out cold, Chiefs go to the SB & he kills Dallas.

I beg to differ. If he doesn't get knocked out cold Chiefs go to the Super Bowl(maybe) and Dallas still wins it.  Too many IF's to be rewritting history.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Pats don't need a running game as badly as they need a big, fast receiver. Too many short possession guys. Did any Pats offensive player "make a play" in the field. That's what looked like it was missing to me. They weren't able to give Brady anything extra. They spent 3 draft picks in 2011 on RBs and Ryan Mallet (in the first 3 rounds). Kinda wonder if the outcome of the game would've been different if they took athletic receivers instead. Granted, wasn't a flush year of receivers, but they passed on Torrey Smith, Greg Little and Randall Cobb more than once.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Another thing I was wondering about that changed the complextion of the final drive was that safety the officials called aganst Brady. Kinda weak if ya ask me. When't the last tiem they've ever called that type f safety.  Had they  not called that the Pats woudl've only needed a fiedl goal to tie at thee nd and not a TD.

Communist China wrote:

Pats don't need a running game as badly as they need a big, fast receiver. Too many short possession guys.

This is where I really think they should've gone for Terrell Owens and not Chad Johnson. Owens was better than Johsnon in Cinncy. Sure they are both arrogant, selfish loud mouths but look how they handled Johnson and his persona wasn't an issue at all this season. I believe they could've done the same with TO, got him for cheap and he'd have still had quite a bit to give. He's big, fast, strong. I think it would've worked and I think New England shoudl've made an offer to him.

It would sure suck though being TO knowing you were/are that damn good yet your personality makes it so nobody wants you.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the thing that hurts the pats the most is their drafts. They really haven't had a strong draft class since Parcells. It was Parcell's team that basically won those SB's. And that's mostly because of a strong defense.

Belichick has a habit of continuing to trade down in the first 2 rounds of the draft for lower round picks and passing on a lot of great talent. The last good player he drafted was Mayo. Even when he gets 2 first round draft picks, like he's had the past couple drafts, he ends up trading them away. I don't understand it. That's why his defense looks the way it does.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

Another thing I was wondering about that changed the complextion of the final drive was that safety the officials called aganst Brady. Kinda weak if ya ask me. When't the last tiem they've ever called that type f safety.  Had they  not called that the Pats woudl've only needed a fiedl goal to tie at thee nd and not a TD.

Communist China wrote:

Pats don't need a running game as badly as they need a big, fast receiver. Too many short possession guys.

This is where I really think they should've gone for Terrell Owens and not Chad Johnson. Owens was better than Johsnon in Cinncy. Sure they are both arrogant, selfish loud mouths but look how they handled Johnson and his persona wasn't an issue at all this season. I believe they could've done the same with TO, got him for cheap and he'd have still had quite a bit to give. He's big, fast, strong. I think it would've worked and I think New England shoudl've made an offer to him.

It would sure suck though being TO knowing you were/are that damn good yet your personality makes it so nobody wants you.

I thought they'd give him a pass because he got nailed as soon as he threw the ball on that safety call. I can understand why it was called, but I've never seen one called like that when the QB actually takes the hit. It's usually called because they avoided the big hit.

I don't think Brady and Owens personalities would have meshed at all. Brady is VERY hot tempred. I've seen him tear vets apart on the sidelines. No one has ever treated TO like that. And TO has a lot of drops. Leads the league almost every year. That wouldn't play well. Plus, I don't think the owner would want the headache. If he was mentally all there, I defintely think he could have been great in NE.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

safety was bs...they never call that shit ever...how many times did manning chuck it out of bounds like 30 feet in the air? same shit noi intentional grounding

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I thought they'd give him a pass because he got nailed as soon as he threw the ball on that safety call. I can understand why it was called, but I've never seen one called like that when the QB actually takes the hit. It's usually called because they avoided the big hit.

That's what i thought as well. Seemed real odd to me that it was a legit throw down field and then Brady took the hit. How do the refs know that someone didn't run the wrong route or somthing? It's not like Brady turfed it. odd call for sure.

misterID wrote:

I don't think Brady and Owens personalities would have meshed at all. Brady is VERY hot tempred. I've seen him tear vets apart on the sidelines. No one has ever treated TO like that. And TO has a lot of drops. Leads the league almost every year. That wouldn't play well. Plus, I don't think the owner would want the headache. If he was mentally all there, I defintely think he could have been great in NE.

That's my thinking though is nobody has ever really stood up to Owens the way Brady would. There'd be NO question who the MAN  would be in that situation. If TO didn't fall in line the Pats would have no issues cutting him. Thats' where I really think it could've worked and worked well. I think it could still work but like you said maybe the possible headache wasn't worth it. I don't know though they dealt with Randy and they dealt with Chad, I'm pretty sure they coudl've dealt with TO as well.  It would be a definite chain of command and if TO didn't like it he'd be gone. I mean how stupid would TO look if he started complaiing about Brady's inability to get him the ball 16

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Go GIANTS!!!

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

safety was bs...they never call that shit ever...how many times did manning chuck it out of bounds like 30 feet in the air? same shit noi intentional grounding

You can chuck the ball out of bounds 30 feet in the air if you are outside the tackles. Brady was not outside the tackles. No receiver was in the area, therefore, intentional grounding.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

You can chuck the ball out of bounds 30 feet in the air if you are outside the tackles. Brady was not outside the tackles. No receiver was in the area, therefore, intentional grounding.

They also said that a throw like that wouldn't have been grounding if he wasn't being persued at the time.  He chucked it because otherwise he'd have taken a sack in the endzone, but a similar throw with no one coming at him wouldn't have been.

Board footer