You are not logged in. Please register or login.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Amazon Kindle

supaplex wrote:
Olorin wrote:

This might be a daft question, but are they text only, meaning no photos etc. Surely not though...

sorry for the late reply.
the kindle can display images but they are black and white only, as are all kindles.

i'm a book lover too but i'm trying to juggle both books and e-books, and there are books on torrents too so it helps reading free books and buy the ones i like. i've bought enough garbage over the years so i'm trying to reduce costs this way 16

slashsfro wrote:

That's probably why I'll never convert to a Kindle/ereaders full time.  After a few minutes of reading text from the computer my eyes begin to glaze and I just start skimming the page just to get to the end of it.

Neemo wrote:

the kobo at least isnt back-lit like a computer or tablet its not as hard on the eyes

just like neemo says, kindle isn't back-lit either so it's not like reading on a monitor/computer. it's not hard on the eyes at all.
plus it's a lot easier to hold. i like reading fantasy and some of those books are quite heavy big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hey supaplex..i just got a new book...was looking for something fresh in the fantasy world always find that i read the same authors over and over again..

was also thinking of checking out the night angel trilogy by Brent Weeks and Theft of Swords by Mike J Sullivan smile

and i think that the big 3 all have colour ereaders now

Kindle Fire
Kobo Vox
Sony Touch PRS1

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

hey supaplex..i just got a new book...was looking for something fresh in the fantasy world always find that i read the same authors over and over again..

was also thinking of checking out the night angel trilogy by Brent Weeks and Theft of Swords by Mike J Sullivan smile

i'm just planning on finishing garth nix's abhorsen trilogy atm and then go to joe abercrombie's first law trilogy. but i might slip a few classics outside fantasy in the mix

Neemo wrote:

and i think that the big 3 all have colour ereaders now

Kindle Fire
Kobo Vox
Sony Touch PRS1

as far as i know the kindle fire is a tablet not an e-reader. so, i'm not counting it as one. and i think it's back-lit so it's not that good for reading, me thinks.

Board footer