You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

WARose wrote:

imo axl shouldn`t try to cover, that he`s fat. basically that`s what he`s doing right now. he should work out and get in better shape for fucks sake!  in better physical and vocal shape! he was fit in 2002, he was fit in 2006, he was fit in 2009, but since rio he looks like a shadow of his self. it`s laziness, not age! if he`s planning on singing and looking like this next to slash at the RRHOF, he better stays away to be honest...

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

-D- wrote:

Britney is hot as fuck there. no idea why she got flack.

I didn't say he was fat. I said in concert he didn't look fat at all a few posts ago. but to sit here and say he looks perfectly fine.. I can't agree with that.

It doesn't change my love for the guy or the band.. but let's don't use age as a bullshit excuse. that is all i am saying. call it what it is and i won't argue.

Brit was also abusing drugs at a horrific rate during that period of time. The criticism leveled at her was spread over a range of issues, from poor live performances to extremely bizarre behavior to her obsession with grande mocha frappachinos.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
killingvector wrote:
madagas wrote:

the band is kicking complete ass but the coat and shirt don't fit.....I've heard it all. If you are that obsessed then you really need to find another outlet.

I don't follow your logic. Why exactly does a criticism of his appearance require one to abandon being a fan?

Methinks you are crossing the line of hyperbole.

I would also take issue with the band kicking ass: from my seat, they are treading water.

He's saying it's beyond petty, and if you have that much of a problem with it, you might want to find something else to do, basically.

From my seat this is the best reviewed the new era band has been.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Brit was also abusing drugs at a horrific rate during that period of time. The criticism leveled at her was spread over a range of issues, from poor live performances to extremely bizarre behavior to her obsession with grande mocha frappachinos.

The main criticism after that performance was she was fat. Yes she had other issues but people were "shocked" at how "fat" she was. It was a disgusting commentary on society's unrealistic expectations and warped view of the celebrity body.

Axl looked pretty damn fit in a few clips I've seen. I have no idea where some of you get this  idea that he's grossly plumped up.  then again this recent picture of him he sure does look fat as fuck roll
Axl+Rose+Guns+N+Roses+Performs+Forum+DGZ-HZHFaScl.jpg

killingvector

misterID wrote:

He's saying it's beyond petty, and if you have that much of a problem with it, you might want to find something else to do, basically.

From my seat this is the best reviewed the new era band has been.

After an exchange about Axl's appearance and voice, the same author posted:

I seriously cannot believe any semi Axl fan which bitch about the clips in this thread. Really? Time to move on if that isn't good enough.....

I assume his last post was a continuation of this statement.

We don't see this latest leg the same: Axl has sounded and looked a lot better. The band may be playing well, but it is all sound and no fury. As I mentioned, this is all treading water.

killingvector

Bono wrote:

Axl looked pretty damn fit in a few clips I've seen. I have no idea where some of you get this  idea that he's grossly plumped up.  then again this recent picture of him he sure does look fat as fuck roll
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Axl+ … HFaScl.jpg

Watch the Nightrain video.

I am not liking the styling either. It is just my opinion. Said it once until someone told me it was time to move on.

Sky Dog wrote:

in your f'n opinion they are treading water...in my opinion, the live band, is kicking ass. Now, I certainly am not happy about the same old setlist and no new music. I want them to move forward as much as everyone else. However, this band has gotten very tight live and the tightness may give Axl the confidence to turn the corner to new releases. In the end, that is all I want, new music and I certainly don't care that Axl has gained a few pounds in the process. If he's happy, more chance for new music. If he's not, you get literally nothing.

Sky Dog wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Bono wrote:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Axl+ … HFaScl.jpg

Watch the Nightrain video.

I am not liking the styling either. It is just my opinion. Said it once until someone told me it was time to move on.

You're bitter as shit and have been for awhile. You need to re-evaluate at some point.

killingvector

madagas wrote:

You're bitter as shit and have been for awhile. You need to re-evaluate at some point.

Hmmmmmm.......a response which says more about you than me, mate.

killingvector

madagas wrote:

in your f'n opinion they are treading water...in my opinion, the live band, is kicking ass. Now, I certainly am not happy about the same old setlist and no new music. I want them to move forward as much as everyone else. However, this band has gotten very tight live and the tightness may give Axl the confidence to turn the corner to new releases. In the end, that is all I want, new music and I certainly don't care that Axl has gained a few pounds in the process. If he's happy, more chance for new music. If he's not, you get literally nothing.

Go with that, then.

I don't understand why you need to hammer people over the head with your opinion.

I have my own. We don't agree. The world hasn't ended.

Board footer