You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

misterID wrote:

^^ we all wanted them to play those songs. And they are. I like that.

And I'm sure he wants to unveil any new music the way he wants to.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I dunno do they want that dude in the basement to buy the Livestream?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I just feel as if there is literally nothing GN'R could do to make their fanbase on these forums happy from a set list stand point.

Spot on. Wasn't this time supposed to be used for the new album?

Why re-visit a tour that already has been played on every continent.....some, in fact, twice.....with the same setlist?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I just feel as if there is literally nothing GN'R could do to make their fanbase on these forums happy from a set list stand point.

You're probably right on that point.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
killingvector wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Spot on. Wasn't this time supposed to be used for the new album?

Why re-visit a tour that already has been played on every continent.....some, in fact, twice.....with the same setlist?

For the GNR-fans in NYC, there are about 4-6 songs in the setlist that are either new to them or haven't been in the setlist since the 90's.

I'd love that if I lived in NYC! If I HAD seen the setlist before I'd be stoked about the intimate nature of the shows!

Most of the fans complaining lately seem to have one thing in common, they want other people on stage! But beating THAT dead horse is so...eeh.. dead! So they have to re-package their complaints. And some of them have gotten very good at it.
roll

It's all so very transparent!

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

If they play Civil War at Chicago and Detroit that is different from the fall leg too.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I think the problem is that this band is still looking back and not looking forward. Additions such as DC, Estrange, and CW do not really help that cause.

Mostly. But a little change in the setlist, maybe even with the same songs in a different order would help. A little. But as long as they're playing these mechanic setlists, it's not more than a well-paid, boring job. Artists would never do this.

@the 'best possible setlist' argument. Same old song and dance. When they'd been playing the usual setlist back in 2002, the Axlists glorified that as the best possible way that'd be stupid to change. When they played a different, yet monotonic set in 2006, then suddenly that was the perfect mix and order. Then came 2009 and had some surprise shows, constantly changed sets (for a few weeks) and everybody was happy with that. Everybody, even the so-called 'naysayers'. It's not true that he cannot please GN'R fans. Now we're back in the setlist boredom, and there are still people, the same people, who try to convince the rest of the world that it's perfect as it is.

No. F. Way. It's not perfect. It's lazy. Axl 'I don't work for you' Rose can't take his precious time to rehearse some new or old tunes. Maybe GTA or NFL or NBA is much more interesting, but he needs to do some touring to pay his bills. Good for him, it still can be a kickass show on his good day. But please, at least you, fans don't try to justify his laziness.

Board footer