You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

bigbri wrote:

No one thinks of GNR and thinks Matt Sorum. No one. Not even many of us here.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The hating on Sorum is completely goofy. Everyone knows Adler didn't have a big hand in writing those songs, so for all I care Frank Ferrer could be inducted with Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff upfront.

As for the popular opinion of "original 5 or fuck off", well sorry to disappoint, but Matt Sorum & Dizzy Reed are both getting inducted and consideration as Hall of Fame members of the rock band Guns N' Roses.

So suck on it. They'll be involved in someway and rightfully so. Dizzy's got over 20 years seniority in the band.

Fuck Sorum.....and fuck you. 16

Duncan: That is sedition!
Hawkeye: That is the truth.
Duncan: I'll have you beaten from this fort!
Hawkeye: Someday, I think you and I are going to have a serious disagreement.

just joking JR.....not on the Fuck Sorum part though...:cool:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Most people think of celebrity rehab when they think of Steven. If it weren't for that show they wouldn't even think that.

I'm saying they contributed the same thing to the band. No different.

The drummer debate only matters to the hardcore fans.

misterID

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The hating on Sorum is completely goofy. Everyone knows Adler didn't have a big hand in writing those songs, so for all I care Frank Ferrer could be inducted with Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff upfront.

As for the popular opinion of "original 5 or fuck off", well sorry to disappoint, but Matt Sorum & Dizzy Reed are both getting inducted and consideration as Hall of Fame members of the rock band Guns N' Roses.

So suck on it. They'll be involved in someway and rightfully so. Dizzy's got over 20 years seniority in the band.

Fuck Sorum.....and fuck you. 16

Duncan: That is sedition!
Hawkeye: That is the truth.
Duncan: I'll have you beaten from this fort!
Hawkeye: Someday, I think you and I are going to have a serious disagreement.

just joking JR.....not on the Fuck Sorum part though...:cool:

Daniel Day Lewis was a bad mofo in Last Of the Mohicans.

Sky Dog wrote:

..awesome movie

misterID

misterID wrote:

I saw that edit!

danielday_lewisjpg.jpg

"Here's the thing... I don't give a tuppenny fuck about your moral conundrum, you meat-headed shit-sack... That's pretty much the thing."

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Most people think of celebrity rehab when they think of Steven. If it weren't for that show they wouldn't even think that.

I'm saying they contributed the same thing to the band. No different.

The drummer debate only matters to the hardcore fans.

That's a good point.  Celebrity Rehab got Steven Adler back into the public eye.  Drummers get no love anyway, Frank could show up in place of either of them and people wouldn't bat an eyelash.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Gonna sound like a prick here, but if u don't think Steven contributed to afd songwriting u are very ignorant on the subject and have no grasp on the process. Drummers make a huge difference with feel,groove etc. Agree on sorum, he is dime a dozen heavy handed generic drummer but the special ones add something irreplaceable. Stevens drumming on afd is special

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Gonna sound like a prick here, but if u don't think Steven contributed to afd songwriting u are very ignorant on the subject and have no grasp on the process. Drummers make a huge difference with feel,groove etc. Agree on sorum, he is dime a dozen heavy handed generic drummer but the special ones add something irreplaceable. Stevens drumming on afd is special

+1. Steve's drumming on Appetite fits in perfectly with the other 4 guys. Sorum's drumming on UYI? Nope.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Gilby I'm less sure of, but he was there for the tour and The Spaghetti Incident? so he has a studio credit with the classic line-up.

No he doesn't. The classic lineup has to include Izzy and Steven. Since neither of them were there for Spaghetti Incident, it wasn't the classic lineup. Losing Steven hurt, but losing Izzy was devastating for the band's songwriting. They couldn't come up with shit after he left.

Board footer