You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

monkeychow wrote:

I was wondering about that Gibbo cos it went kinda viral...I saw other friends of mine who arn't members here linking it on facebook from your channel.

Can't wait for this tour!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Too modern... Too much of a Myles/Alterbridge feel. Too polished. Not raw like Slash said it would.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

i think it fucking kicks ass.

If u are expecting Slash to reinvent the wheel,, u are gonna be disappointed but I love Myles' oice and i think the song is catchy as fuck.

its a single.. its what its supposed to sound like.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slither owned this. Stucker train blues does too. This is more like come on come in.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

There's now a video interview with him on that link:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mu … 6284458263

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well yeah, i mean if i listen to it next to new Van Halen.. guitar is very avg.. on its own, i like it. i can listen to it over n over.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I think it will be interesting to see if the whole album is like this. It's possible myles does ballads like starlight and rockers like alterbridge - as he's not really the angry rocker type.

But to be honest I'm really enjoying this song. But then I also liked "Come on, Come In" but I agree they both have a radio by the numbers feel about them. But so did beautiful dangerous.

Bottom line to me is that on a slash album there's always going to be at least a few awesome tracks.

I think it's going to be a strong album.

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash doesn't even drink? WTF? The guy has to still be drinking beer...both him and Axl look like they definitely like their alcohol and food. Slash is a little fitter than Axl but both are way bigger than recent years.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

To me slash has that solid look like a guy who eats cos he bodybuilds...and he's lost the heroin leanness and the "i'm in my 20s" skinny guyness...he's kinda solid..but I dont really see it as fat.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I was surprised that he apparently doesn't even drink at all?  Surely he still has a few quiet drinks now and then.

Board footer