You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

i think it fucking kicks ass.

If u are expecting Slash to reinvent the wheel,, u are gonna be disappointed but I love Myles' oice and i think the song is catchy as fuck.

its a single.. its what its supposed to sound like.

I don't want him to reinvent the wheel. If anything, I want him to go BACK in time to the sound he used to have. Fuck this post-grunge shit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

with a huge solo in the middle like that I don't really see it as post-grunge.

Just cos it has a modern drum/bass sound doesn't make it grungy to me.

Also, it's worth noting that a when you get a pure old school AFD slash sound like on Snakepit 1 most people don't seem to care for it - if they did Snakepit 1 would be widely regarded as one of the finest guitar albums of all time. It's an under appreciated masterpiece.

But I think this is just the single from this album...i'd be shocked if there's no slashian madness somewhere on the record...and to be honest I dig this anyway!

Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

If it wasn't Slash, noone would call it garbage on any GN'R board.

Not the best song ever, far from even a memorable one - but still far from the garbage cathegory. 6/10  If this is the best track on the album, then it'll suck. If it's the worst - then it'll be a very good album, at least. We'll see it in a few months - except those who have already made up their mind.

I've made up my mind on this track it sounds generic. You wouldn't even know it was a slash song it sounds like a Shinedown b-side.

You are terribly wrong. I can always tell if it's Slash playing. Every GN'R should BTW. wink His playing is so unique like nobody else's.

Good for you, use your illusions bro. Back in the real world. This song is shit.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

with a huge solo in the middle like that I don't really see it as post-grunge.

Just cos it has a modern drum/bass sound doesn't make it grungy to me.

Also, it's worth noting that a when you get a pure old school AFD slash sound like on Snakepit 1 most people don't seem to care for it - if they did Snakepit 1 would be widely regarded as one of the finest guitar albums of all time. It's an under appreciated masterpiece.

But I think this is just the single from this album...i'd be shocked if there's no slashian madness somewhere on the record...and to be honest I dig this anyway!

I like the solo because it is uniquely Slash's sound, but the primary riffs in the song are definitely post-grunge.

Lomax wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I like the solo because it is uniquely Slash's sound, but the primary riffs in the song are definitely post-grunge.

Agreed it sounds like slash did a guest solo on an A7X song

Holy Shit. Someone on youtube just pointed out that it's the same chord progression as Thriller in the Chorus.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Agreed it sounds like slash did a guest solo on an A7X song

Holy Shit. Someone on youtube just pointed out that it's the same chord progression as Thriller in the Chorus.

Damn. sad

Lomax wrote:

It is more or less thriller....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Riad wrote:

Haha, wow it is.  Nice call whoever caught that.  The songs generic.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:

I've made up my mind on this track it sounds generic. You wouldn't even know it was a slash song it sounds like a Shinedown b-side.

You are terribly wrong. I can always tell if it's Slash playing. Every GN'R should BTW. wink His playing is so unique like nobody else's.

Good for you, use your illusions bro. Back in the real world. This song is shit.

Just because you're deaf, it doesn't mean other people can't hear it. BTW any so called GN'R fan, who cannot recognize Slash's playing, is not more than a Britney fan who lost his way. Fuckin' lead singer dependant stupid bunch. Music is much more than a guy or girl singin', but you'll never know it.

Oh, I almost forgot. Your username 'Riad' tells a lot about not knowing jack shit about music. That stolen, uninspired, unfinished shitty song is the biggest pile of crap in GN'R's history, among with some other CD turds.

Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Just because you're deaf, it doesn't mean other people can't hear it. BTW any so called GN'R fan, who cannot recognize Slash's playing, is not more than a Britney fan who lost his way. Fuckin' lead singer dependant stupid bunch. Music is much more than a guy or girl singin', but you'll never know it.

Oh, I almost forgot. Your username 'Riad' tells a lot about not knowing jack shit about music. That stolen, uninspired, unfinished shitty song is the biggest pile of crap in GN'R's history, among with some other CD turds.

36dswy.jpg

PaSnow wrote:
Riad wrote:

Haha, wow it is.  Nice call whoever caught that.  The songs generic.

Strange that they went ahead with that song. Hard to believe that nobody noticed that.

Board footer