You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

metallex78 wrote:

I don't think it sounds much like Thriller any more than "Liar" kinda rhymes with "Thriller". The chords don't sound similar to me, neither does the riff melody.

Just sounds like people being dicks because they don't like the song.

Lomax wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don't think it sounds much like Thriller any more than "Liar" kinda rhymes with "Thriller". The chords don't sound similar to me, neither does the riff melody.

Just sounds like people being dicks because they don't like the song.

Hard to tell what people are up to really. I didn't hear thriller at first. Now that's its been pointed out to me, I see Jacko moonwalking every time Myles wails.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I like the solo because it is uniquely Slash's sound, but the primary riffs in the song are definitely post-grunge.

Agree.

I thought there were parts of the solo that sounds like DDM, no one else hears that?

It's by far not his best or most inspired solo, but it's not helped by the song it's attached to, either. I actually thought his solo in DDM was better than the actual song, too. 16

I think the song is awful, but that style isn't my thing. I hope he has some success with it though, it is radio friendly. It's a Hinder song.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axl's voice wouldn't change the fact that this new sound just isn't up to snuff with the classic material. Besides, Axl's voice isn't up to snuff these days either. Mix them together and you've got a shitty "modern" version of the GN'R sound.

Not for his voice, for his motivational abilities. The fear of the dictators wrath always used to push him that extra mile.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You are terribly wrong. I can always tell if it's Slash playing. Every GN'R should BTW. wink His playing is so unique like nobody else's.

Good for you, use your illusions bro. Back in the real world. This song is shit.

Just because you're deaf, it doesn't mean other people can't hear it. BTW any so called GN'R fan, who cannot recognize Slash's playing, is not more than a Britney fan who lost his way. Fuckin' lead singer dependant stupid bunch. Music is much more than a guy or girl singin', but you'll never know it.

Oh, I almost forgot. Your username 'Riad' tells a lot about not knowing jack shit about music. That stolen, uninspired, unfinished shitty song is the biggest pile of crap in GN'R's history, among with some other CD turds.

Easy killer.

I've listened to the song once.  I'm sure I'll hear it again one day, but I haven't had the urge to this point.  I expect there'll be more appealing songs on the album, to me at least.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It sounds like an Alter Bridge song, which are sometimes similar to Shinedown, Hinder, etc...  Its modern rock.  And, I am not a big modern rock fan.  Does it rock? Sure.  Is it bad? No.  Much better than SBQM, Big Machine, DIFTK, She Mine, etc... So in that aspect, its solid.  But, compared to "Nothing to Say", it pales in comparison.  Nothing to say is fucking badass on all levels.

Weak link on this tune? Myles.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You are terribly wrong. I can always tell if it's Slash playing. Every GN'R should BTW. wink His playing is so unique like nobody else's.

Good for you, use your illusions bro. Back in the real world. This song is shit.

Just because you're deaf, it doesn't mean other people can't hear it. BTW any so called GN'R fan, who cannot recognize Slash's playing, is not more than a Britney fan who lost his way. Fuckin' lead singer dependant stupid bunch. Music is much more than a guy or girl singin', but you'll never know it.

Oh, I almost forgot. Your username 'Riad' tells a lot about not knowing jack shit about music. That stolen, uninspired, unfinished shitty song is the biggest pile of crap in GN'R's history, among with some other CD turds.

FUCK YEAH PREACH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

faldor

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:

Yeah, way to bring in CD out of left field for no reason to compare it to Slash. 

Gotta love it!

If that makes you happy.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, way to bring in CD out of left field for no reason to compare it to Slash. 

Gotta love it!

If that makes you happy.

Just messing with u dude!

I love a good rant.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Well I actually wasn't a part of the rant, but I just hate it when people feel the need to tear down Axl/GNR to build up Slash, or vice versa.  Some people prefer certain things over others.  No big mystery there.  Doesn't mean one person is right and the other is wrong.

Board footer