You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

-D- wrote:

I wasn't doing that at all

just showing the hypocrisy

I went on a hyperbole filled post fest just to show the hypocrisy with Axlites and how they hate on Slash for bullshit they praise Axl for.

Too Modern???

WTF is Chinese Democracy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I wasn't doing that at all

just showing the hypocrisy

I went on a hyperbole filled post fest just to show the hypocrisy with Axlites and how they hate on Slash for bullshit they praise Axl for.

Too Modern???

WTF is Chinese Democracy.

I was talking about Mikka.  But I guess he felt he needed to let off some steam in Riad's direction.  Mission accomplished I guess.

And a lot of people say CD isn't modern enough.  You know, about 10 years or so too late?

I don't agree with that by the way.  Good/bad music is good/bad music, regardless of when it was created.  Just look at Van Halen.  Half of the songs on their latest CD are from 30 year old demos and they all kick ass.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

The  guitar playing is undeniably Slash. Even an idiot could hear it. Not that my buddy is an idiot but I was at his place the other night, played this on the lap top and asked him who he thought it was. He had no clue untill the guitar solo came in and instantly he said "sounds like Guns N' Roses" That's the average Joe who isn't a diehard's way of saying that sounds like Slash.  Hilarious that some people are calling this song shit and generic and garbage and yet praise the shit on CD. Blinded fanatsism at it's best. 16

Personally I dig the music on this song and I do really like the solo. Myles though just doesn't do it for me. Weak vocals... that is all.  Had Axl sang over this exact piece of music most who are complaing it sucks would say how fucking awesome it is and  they all know it. It's laughable that this song can be labelled shit and then the same people will turn around and talk about how amazing IRS is. Give me a fucking break

The song is decent. It's not mindblowing and it's not shit.  A little perspective maybe people.

-D-

-D- wrote:

People are vocal listeners. which is why i hear the most ridiculous statement how Slash has done nothing since GNR when in fact he has some absolute amazing pieces of music. Most can't separate lyrics/vocals from music which is why CD is so revered cause Axl singing over anything is gonna sound great.

-D-

-D- wrote:
Bono wrote:

Had Axl sang over this exact piece of music most who are complaing it sucks would say how fucking awesome it is and  they all know it. It's laughable that this song can be labelled shit and then the same people will turn around and talk about how amazing IRS is. Give me a fucking break

The song is decent. It's not mindblowing and it's not shit.  A little perspective maybe people.

Nail meet head

excellent +1

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

D, you do that bullshit in every post and it wasn't to make a point. It's just what you do. All the time. roll

Bono, that's a huge leap of an assumption. If Axl sang over this I'd say the music sucked. I didn't like the clip of Jackie Chan, I have no problem saying that. I don't see any "Axlites" in this thread starting anything. There are people who LOVE Slash in this thread who just don't like the song, guitar work, production, or whatever.

Monkey likes it. D likes it. Mikka likes it. That's all that matters, not what I think. If you dig it, you dig it. No sense starting shit, bashing music YOU KNOW people like because someone doesn't agree with you.

-D-

-D- wrote:

U don't wanna even attempt to comprehend what i am saying cause u are firmly in your camp and refuse to even try to see my point of view

People hating on Slash for being too modern but yet cum their BVD's over Axl's modern,grunge,electronic,Nu Metal fest are hypocrites.

Bono said it best.. people will shit on this but love IRS... its hilarious how terrible the guitar work in IRS is.

I always LOL at people who would jerk off about how profound the Prostitute lyric was "Forever and a Day" when Jon bon Jovi sung the same fucking lyric during the chorus of Always back in 94 and I am sure has been sung a ton before that

but OMG... what a lyric, Axl is a genius!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well... People do have different taste in music...

I do comprehend what you're saying. You get butt hurt when anyone disagrees with you and you throw a tantrum.

I think the Slash fans were talking about being modern and wishing he'd go back to his older style. I liked his guitar work on Libertad and I liked his solo's on Contraband. The production on the former fit him perfect, imo.

And see, you still can't get off the Axl thing. Still bashing for no reason, other than being butthurt.

Yes, I love IRS. smile

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Mother of God. I've seen it all. People in this thread are accusing me of "praising the shit out of Chinese Democracy." Hilarious. Slash and Axl don't have anything to do with each other as far as I'm concerned. CD = mediocre. This new song by Slash = mediocre. The fact that anyone would assume I was judging it from a CD fanboy's perspective is insane. If anything I'm an Izzy fanboy. That guy STILL makes kickass rock and roll in the same vein as the real Guns N' Roses. The same cannot be said of Slash or Axl. Both of them are trend chasers.

-D-

-D- wrote:

no no, i don't get butt hurt at all

but when one guy gets praised and the other hated on for doing the exact same fucking thing........

Like I remember how people used to shit on $la$h so fucking hard for the Monster Energy thning. and how it was featured in his webisodes etc

now Axl has the fucking can on his piano during November Rain and all these fucks are now quiet as church mouses.

thats the shit I am calling out.  People going nuts how Scraped is some spectacular thing when its more modern than anything Slash has done.

Please, u don't think "Better" was crafted for a radio hit single?

many people just don't understand the game. U gotta craft that hit or u have no career left really. I admire Slash for at least trying to release new music and build a solo career. U have to get exposure for that to happen.

Board footer