You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

Smoking Guns wrote:

Shacklers vocals over this... would it work?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am a monster Slash fan. This song is just "okay". He can do much better.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well i look at VH album.. if Tattoo had been best song, i woulda been disappointed.

so im still holding out hope for some killer stuff

i like this song. its catchy

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

The  guitar playing is undeniably Slash. Even an idiot could hear it. Not that my buddy is an idiot but I was at his place the other night, played this on the lap top and asked him who he thought it was. He had no clue untill the guitar solo came in and instantly he said "sounds like Guns N' Roses" That's the average Joe who isn't a diehard's way of saying that sounds like Slash.  Hilarious that some people are calling this song shit and generic and garbage and yet praise the shit on CD. Blinded fanatsism at it's best. 16

Had Axl sang over this exact piece of music most who are complaing it sucks would say how fucking awesome it is and  they all know it. It's laughable that this song can be labelled shit and then the same people will turn around and talk about how amazing IRS is. Give me a fucking break

The song is decent. It's not mindblowing and it's not shit.  A little perspective maybe people.

This.

The difference between Axl and Slash fans that Axlites will praise any shit with him 'mind-blowing' and hate everything Slash does for 'being shitty'. While Slash fans have a larger scale to rate things - I do like a few tunes off CD a lot, and can enjoy some others, depending on the mood. The difference maybe because some of us, 'Slashites' are at least bedroom musicians, while Axl fans are shower singers, only.

When Slither came out, so called GN'R fans (they are not - they are Axlites) were calling it shitty. Then it became a monster rock hit, much, much bigger, than anything off Chinese Mediocrity. Later these same people said it was the only good song on the album, the rest sucked. Then Libertad came out, and suddenly Contraband was much better. Now You're a Lie is the worst shit ever made on this planet.

I'm done with this zealot fanboyism. These people are either tone deaf, or blind cultist haters, or liars. I'm not a fan of this new Slash song. I like it to a certain degree. It does not suck at all, although far from anything memorable. It's an okay song, I expected and expect much more from him. That's my Slashite fanboyism, and I think the same can be said about Bono, D, Smoking, Metallex etc. On the other hand Axlites are always satisfied with any shit he puts out, any awful show he does, everything. He's King Axl for them, they praise even his last fart for the melody and unique rhythm. That's the difference.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

See, like Bono and D, you're assuming people don't like it because of Axl, or whatever, There's no one on this board who's coming into this thread and bashing the song specifically because of being an Axl fan. I don't see any "Axlite" here doing any of that.

I want Slash to make great music. It just sucks to hear this. Again, this is just one song. But I like what I like. Me liking Chinese has nothing to do with how I feel about this song.

It's very slick, polished and produced like a Hinder song, or whatever corporate rock band you want to put there. "Promise" and "Saint Is A Sinner Too" didn't sound like that. The music he wrote on Libertad was cool, imo. And he had an awesome producer. I didn't care for Contraband, save a couple songs and some cool solos. But I know what he's capable of and this song feels like a step backwards.

It just isn't my thing. But please don't try to say I don't like it ONLY because I like CD, or I'll take any song Axl throws out there. That's petty and childish. And I don't know of anyone on this board that's like that.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

The  guitar playing is undeniably Slash. Even an idiot could hear it. Not that my buddy is an idiot but I was at his place the other night, played this on the lap top and asked him who he thought it was. He had no clue untill the guitar solo came in and instantly he said "sounds like Guns N' Roses" That's the average Joe who isn't a diehard's way of saying that sounds like Slash.  Hilarious that some people are calling this song shit and generic and garbage and yet praise the shit on CD. Blinded fanatsism at it's best. 16

Had Axl sang over this exact piece of music most who are complaing it sucks would say how fucking awesome it is and  they all know it. It's laughable that this song can be labelled shit and then the same people will turn around and talk about how amazing IRS is. Give me a fucking break

The song is decent. It's not mindblowing and it's not shit.  A little perspective maybe people.

This.

The difference between Axl and Slash fans that Axlites will praise any shit with him 'mind-blowing' and hate everything Slash does for 'being shitty'. While Slash fans have a larger scale to rate things - I do like a few tunes off CD a lot, and can enjoy some others, depending on the mood. The difference maybe because some of us, 'Slashites' are at least bedroom musicians, while Axl fans are shower singers, only.

When Slither came out, so called GN'R fans (they are not - they are Axlites) were calling it shitty. Then it became a monster rock hit, much, much bigger, than anything off Chinese Mediocrity. Later these same people said it was the only good song on the album, the rest sucked. Then Libertad came out, and suddenly Contraband was much better. Now You're a Lie is the worst shit ever made on this planet.

I'm done with this zealot fanboyism. These people are either tone deaf, or blind cultist haters, or liars. I'm not a fan of this new Slash song. I like it to a certain degree. It does not suck at all, although far from anything memorable. It's an okay song, I expected and expect much more from him. That's my Slashite fanboyism, and I think the same can be said about Bono, D, Smoking, Metallex etc. On the other hand Axlites are always satisfied with any shit he puts out, any awful show he does, everything. He's King Axl for them, they praise even his last fart for the melody and unique rhythm. That's the difference.

You guys need to read the thread before throwing a bunch of generalizations around. I'm as critical of Axl as anyone on this board. Hell, probably moreso than the average member on this forum. I'm an Izzy fanboy, not an Axl or Slash fanboy. As far as I'm concerned, they're BOTH putting out mediocre material lately. Meanwhile, Izzy continues kicking their ass with good, honest hard rock. No corporate post-grunge "radio friendly" crap and certainly no ridiculously pretentious ballads, alleged "epics," or trend-chasing wannabe Nine Inch Nails stuff. What I don't get is why when someone criticizes Axl or Slash, others accuse them of being a fanboy of either. Fuck that. They both deserve criticism when they put out mediocre material, and there has been plenty of mediocrity from them over the last 20 years. At the moment, Slash just put out a thoroughly mediocre lead single for his new album and Axl is embarrassing himself on a nightly basis with a joke of a tribute band.

johndivney wrote:

hfs

some of the people on here are really bonko's.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I wasn't talking about you, Izzy fan. BTW if someone from the old GN'R puts out mediocre, unispired stuff, that's Izzy. He wrote 4 or 5 potential good songs in the past 20 years, the rest was the same tune with different titles. He only showed how much the others' input was needed in GN'R, to make it sound like GN'R and not some amateur playing in a garage. The Izzy myth is even more disturbing than the 'Axl was GN'R' bullshit.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I like the solo because it is uniquely Slash's sound, but the primary riffs in the song are definitely post-grunge.

Agree.

I thought there were parts of the solo that sounds like DDM, no one else hears that?

It's by far not his best or most inspired solo, but it's not helped by the song it's attached to, either. I actually thought his solo in DDM was better than the actual song, too. 16

I think the song is awful, but that style isn't my thing. I hope he has some success with it though, it is radio friendly. It's a Hinder song.

Meant to comment earlier, but yeah, I do hear elements of DDM, especially at the end, in those high runs he's doing.

But having said that, I rank the DDM solo as one of Slash's finest solos ever recorded, but the solo in this song, not so much...:haha:

This song is still better than most of Libertad, but it sits behind Contraband and some of his better Snakepit material.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

One thing I do love here, amongst all the arguing, is that this is only ONE song we've heard from the upcoming album.

I can't wait to see how many pages of bitching come up when we get to discuss the other 16-17 supposed tracks that were recorded.

Board footer