You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

-D- wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

To me it sounds more like Baz, and Whitesnake, and some of the other 80's acts are doing in the current.

That's excatly what I got from the 20 secs, haven't heard rest though yet.

U know that's def somewhat true. Reminds me a bit of like kickin and screaming

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don't think it sounds much like Thriller any more than "Liar" kinda rhymes with "Thriller". The chords don't sound similar to me, neither does the riff melody.

Just sounds like people being dicks because they don't like the song.

He says "Cause you're a LIAR, LIAR"

whereas MJ sang is the same progression

"Cause this is THRILLER, THRILLER night"

Myles even stretches Liar to the same timing as Thriller. Even the bridge or pre-chorus leading up to it is the same progression vocally. Sorry for dwelling on it, but it's strikingly similar.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You need to grew up. You are the chose one who judge what's shitty and what's not, you are spitting personal insults and then acting like you'd be a gentleman. I'm sick of your kind and don't need your stupid shit in my life. Welcome on my ignore list.

No offense Mikka, but it seems to me like YOU started this.  YOU were the one to call out Riad and based on his screen name you labeled him an "Axlite".  Then you went on and challenged his musical knowledge and seemed to deem yourself a musical genius.  You had to expect a response like the one that was given..

Had Riad elaborated more his opinion on the song, I wouldn't have problem with him hating it. But he didn't. He only labeled it 'shitty'. Maybe numerous times, I don't feel the need to cancel the ignore function on him and reread his posts. You need more @ this board than saying it's shitty or sucks. It's not HTGTH, where his type belongs.

Yes, after all this I had enough and called him out. Don't need to be a musical genius to know that Riad is one of the weakest GN'R songs ever, and I find it pathetic that someone who chose that username calls ANY song shitty.
I have never stated myself a musical genius though. I used to play in bands, but today I'm not more than a bedroom guitarist, I don't have time and motivation to be more. But. After all these years, it was evident for me that you'll find the musicians mostly among Slash's fans and the Axl fans are the bathroom singers on the boards. It's not rocket science - a guitar legend inspires people to play guitar and commit themselves more to music, while a singer legend does not. You'll learn much more about music with an instrument, than without it, and you'll be able to understand it. Understand who play what, or what makes that song great and what kills the chance of greatness. It's obvious that Slash has a tendency to put out half-baked songs. But he can kill on a tune, if the rhythm section does a terrible job. He's good or great, but the song is not. I'm shocked to hear that Riad had anything to do with music. Maybe he's some kind of a historian.

faldor wrote:

I don't know where all this is coming from.  Are you, D, Bono, etc. arguing with people from other boards or people from HERE?  I don't think anyone here HATES Slash.  That just isn't the case.  NOBODY in this thread said they hated this song because of Slash.  No one has said they've hated Slash in the past.  So I don't see the need to jump to that conclusion.

I don't read other boards. I got banned from HTGTH years ago, and have visited that site like 5 times since then. Last when I was curious about the zealots' opinion on RIR.
I do have the impression that some people HERE hates Slash with a passion, or at least have a habit to cry down everything he does. They are repeating Axl's bullshit, that he's not even sure Slash can play anymore, cause he hasn't done jack shit since GN'R that would worth a dime. These people are either tone deaf, know nothing about music or simply lying to be a real Axlite, otherwise they feel they risk their fan pass. Pathetic. It's also quite telling that while some here likes to cry that 'Axl can do no good for certain fans', the same people hate EVERY singer Slash has ever worked with, or at least they 'feel' that their co-work was sub-par. Or shitty. Be it Dover, Jackson, Myles, or Fergie, Cornell and Andrew Stockdale. There isn't a single Slash song they'd 'like' and the maximum from there to say that 'Slash did a few worthy guest appearance on others' tunes, but his stuff suck so much'. I'm sick of this.

faldor wrote:

Ease up.  Not everyone loves this song.  I have a feeling not every song is going to be a hit, so prepare yourselves for that fact.

I don't have a problem with someone not liking it. As I stated it a lot of times, I don't _love_ this song. I guess I'll never do. It's just not good enough. But calling it shitty is another cathegory. Do you know what's shitty?

This

and what's great?

This

[youtube]QVq3OnsjbCg&feature=related[/youtube]

You're a Lie is somewhere in the middle. It can easily be a sing along song at Slash's shows. Not a potenital world wide hit, nor a rock classic. People can voice their opinion, but if it's only 'shitty', then they'd better shut up.

johndivney wrote:

Best apology ever.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think anyone should be able to admit neither Slash nor Axl did very much that was very successful post GnR.  VR's first album is probably the closest. Really though, it mostly just had Slither & Fall to Pieces. Libertad went wrong somewhere, and so did CD.

I do give Slash credit for trying & putting stuff out there (Snakepit, VR, Solo).  He outnumbers Axl 10 to 1 in that category & I give him credit.  I think everyone should.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought it was ok, didnt hate Myles's voice as much as I thought I would, could here little bits of DTJ here and there.

It didnt really grab me though, I'll try later when I'm stoned.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Slash should just do an instrumental album and blow everyone the fuck away. I'd wet myself.

The reason why he'll never do that is what disturbs me about his post-GNR career.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Totally, that would be amazing! Its been the singer thats put me off Slash's entire post GNR career.

Apart from him and Lemmy, that was awesome.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Comparing this to Thriller??

HAHAHAHAHA

terrible Troll job.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Comparing this to Thriller??

HAHAHAHAHA

terrible Troll job.

Like I was saying. Just because "Thriller" and "Liar" happen to rhyme, doesn't mean shit when the rest of the song doesn't sound anything like it.

Seems like clutching at straws.

EDIT: Ok, they don't really rhyme, they're just both two syllable words, that are kinda similar.

Board footer