You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

Bono wrote:
Riad wrote:

Had this been released in '91 he'd have been laughed out of a job.

Based on the shift in music at the time with PJ, Nirvana, STP all about to break I guarantee you he would not have been laughed out of a job. Far from it. To suggest he would''ve been is just flat out stupid and simply embelishing on the bashing for the sake of it because clearly you're gettinga  kick out of trashing it just for a reaction. This statement alone shows that.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I'm a huge Slash fan and this tune (so far) is another mild but nagging disappointment for me.
Until I hear the man writing songs like 'Watch This' with an Axl or Chris Cornell I guess I'm not going to be satisfied with the quality fo his output.

I'd also settle for him doing:

A blues album with Adele
A metal album with Mike Patton
An EP with Muse

Lomax wrote:
Bono wrote:
Riad wrote:

Based on the shift in music at the time with PJ, Nirvana, STP all about to break I guarantee you he would not have been laughed out of a job. Far from it. To suggest he would''ve been is just flat out stupid and simply embelishing on the bashing for the sake of it because clearly you're gettinga  kick out of trashing it just for a reaction. This statement alone shows that.

Sure if that's your opinion roll with it. New doesn't equate to good I'm afraid.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U know how usually it takes me a few listens to love something but once i "get it" i love it forever? Well i also tend to go the opposite as well. Stuff i love first listens i usually tire of quickly. Listened few times in the car and it got kinda meh by 3rd listen.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

sadly feeling the same after a few listens..chorus is stuck in my head but not in a good way..

there is a lot of album left to listen to though and I always seem to find I prefer the songs Slash doesn't focus on publically. So I bet song 11 or 13 will probably be my favourite cut on this album.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I'm a huge Slash fan and this tune (so far) is another mild but nagging disappointment for me.
Until I hear the man writing songs like 'Watch This' with an Axl or Chris Cornell I guess I'm not going to be satisfied with the quality fo his output.

Watch This does not need a vocalist. Best song on that album. If he did a whole album like that, it'd be incredible.

Another reason that's such a good tune: fucking great collaborators.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
Riad wrote:

Not to be an ass, butt this new Slash song doesn't hold a candle to what was going on in 91...the last true great rock year.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:
Bono wrote:
Riad wrote:

Not to be an ass, butt this new Slash song doesn't hold a candle to what was going on in 91...the last true great rock year.

I never said it did. It sure as shit isn't something that was gonna get him laughed out of a job though. Look at Metallica's evolution. Didn't hurt them and the Black album was nothing like what fans had come to expect from them. Had Gn'R released this in 1991 as a single with Axl on vocals it would've been a  huge hit and then the grunge movement would've followed and Gn'R would be seen as the ones who spear headed it. That's exactly how it would've played out. Not this nonsense that Slash/Guns would've been laughed out of a job. Anyone who seriously thinks that fucking dellusional.

And I agree with 1991 being the last great rock year. It's argueably the greatest year in the history of rock music.

Riad wrote:

Sure if that's your opinion roll with it. New doesn't equate to good I'm afraid.

What the fuck does this even mean in reference to what I said? Are you now insinuating that Nirvana, Pearl Jam and STP aren't good? If so it's you who doesn't know what rock is dude.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Had Gn'R released this in 1991 as a single with Axl on vocals it would've been a  huge hit and then the grunge movement would've followed and Gn'R would be seen as the ones who spear headed it. That's exactly how it would've played out.

Yeah, with Axl.

Slash isn't the problem here, Myles Kennedy is. Guy sounds like the incarnation of glam. Maybe it wouldn't have been laughed out in 91, but I'm definitely laughing now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nirvana, STP, Pearl Jam are 3 of the most overrated bands of all time!

Board footer