You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

"post grunge".  I don't get what that genre includes....  Nickelback, creed, hootie, matchbox 20, collective soul, limp biscuit, candlebox, default, fuel, blues traveler, sisterhazel, train.. Are all those bands "post grunge"?  They sound like just rock to me...

They had a show on VH1 Classic, Metal Evolution, that explored all the different factions of Metal.  Post grunge includes bands like Nickelback, Creed, Candlebox, etc.  Not Limp Bizkit, they're nu-metal I believe.  Here's the Grunge episode, followed by Post Grunge if you want to check it out.

http://www.vh1.com/video/metal-evolutio … list.jhtml

Yeah same shitty show that was praising Nickelback? LOL

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

"post grunge".  I don't get what that genre includes....  Nickelback, creed, hootie, matchbox 20, collective soul, limp biscuit, candlebox, default, fuel, blues traveler, sisterhazel, train.. Are all those bands "post grunge"?  They sound like just rock to me...

They had a show on VH1 Classic, Metal Evolution, that explored all the different factions of Metal.  Post grunge includes bands like Nickelback, Creed, Candlebox, etc.  Not Limp Bizkit, they're nu-metal I believe.  Here's the Grunge episode, followed by Post Grunge if you want to check it out.

Yeah, I was quite surprised at that.  Made them seem all too relevant.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It's not a shitty show. It's an 11 part series and it's actually pretty fucking awesome. If people can leave their own musical biases out of it and just watch it's actually a  damn good series.  The host can't stand hair metal band and yet after doingt eh research and interviewing guys from that genre he has a new respect for them even if he still hates the music. Just cause you don't like a certain type of music does NOT make this a shitty show.

It's a Canadian series too. Watch the entire series and don't judge it off  a few comments about Nickleback. I guarantee you it's not "praise" that's being dished out in the series for Nickelback int he sense the guy loves Nickelback. not at all. It's simply acknowledging the role certain artists have played  in the story of Metal whatever that may be

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It's a great show. But they dump every band after grunge as post grunge weather they sounded the same or not.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

That series was alright. They didn't really give Pantera the respect they deserved nor the time other bands who had less of an impact were given. Other than that and lumping GNR into "hair metal" and not American Hard Rock are my only complaints.

As for the new Slash song, Not my cup of tea but I am not gonna try and judge his new album on one song. I like Myles and I think that this album will be better than average but I am not hoping for AFD 2.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

was a good show till Nickelback... anybody who sucks that much Nickelback cock, i can no longer listen to any opinion or respect any opinion after said sucking.

AtariLegend wrote:

It's okay, that's really it. Nothing bad, nothing great.

VR imo.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They didn't even play a single GN'R song. Barely mentioned them. If it weren't for Alice In Chains saying how they were influenced by them they would have been relegated to that one tiny segment.

I thought Nickelback was getting trashed in that episode.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

was a good show till Nickelback... anybody who sucks that much Nickelback cock, i can no longer listen to any opinion or respect any opinion after said sucking.

It was a good show untill you disagreed with his opinion on ONE band? Give me a break. And to say because you disgaree with a person's opinion in one area negates everything they have to say from there on out and that you can no longer respect anything they have to say is fucking lame.  And the fact is there wasn't that much "Nickleback cock" being sucked anyways.

As for Guns N' Roses misterID  they had a tiny segment BUT what was there to say about them really? They gave them full credit for  paving the way for the "grunge" scene or at least preping the public for something more raw and real than what hair metal had delivered.  It's not like they slighted Gn'R.  It was  a show on the history of METAL so how much time do you want them to spend on Gn'R? Fact is Gn'R's story in the history of METAL is a tiny segment.  I for one didn't expect much on Guns N' Roses so I'm not sure why others would. Especially people who are way more into  Metal than I am was or ever will be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Seeing they devoted an entire episode to Hair Metal, GN'R's debut was the transition from glam metal to grunge. It's not a bad show, not ragging it. Just thought it was odd that they didn't even play a song from the band, when they kept getting mentioned.

Board footer