You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

Neemo wrote:

sounds like some pretty cool riffage! cant wait to hear the whole song 21

Sky Dog wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Sounds like a "modern rock" radio song. Undecided until I hear it in full, but I'm not hearing anything amazing yet.

exactly why I hate it...modern rock crap...sorry D, that kind of rock isn't my cup of tea. You can feel the sheen oozing off it. I don't get why Slash continues to try and get that sound.:|

Sky Dog wrote:

also, the vocal and lyrics are HORRIFIC in that clip. You know what kind of Slash I like? Go listen to Always on the Run, Fields of Joy, Home with Iggy Pop. That is how his collaborations should sound. Plug in and rip with an organic feel like he has on those songs and his Gnr stuff. He seems to be shooting for the big radio hit and that is disappointing to me. I wasn't really a fan of Slither either but it blows that 20 sec clip out of the water.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Same sample in higher quality stream here: http://snd.sc/znWxZB

To me it depends if the song goes anywhere musically.

Some of that "big" sound is just how modern drums and bass are mastered, if AFD was recorded today it would have that sound but those songs would still be fucking incredible musically.

Personally I could see this song going either way. If it has a nothing solo or just repeats endlessly then it will be nicely catchy but just a "filler" track in slash's back cataloge.

But if it has a killer solo and bad ass guitar somewhere to back up that already catchy main riff...then it will be awesome.

I'd like to see if have a bad ass Coma style solo now just to disprove all the naysayers wink

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dig the sound of the drums in the chorus too, real keen to hear the rest ...sounds catchy...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Catchy. I like Slash's riffs. I need to hear more from this song to like it wholeheartedly.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Meh, sounds like a Myles Kennedy song, or something from Shinedown.  Prediction:  I'll never hear this song again.  Sorry, it won't be a hit or even played on the radio.

So what's the deal with the album is it various singers again or just Myles?  Ashame the first album never took off.

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked, I guess it's all Myles.  Not a fan, I have little interest in this album as well. Oh well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jesus, I can't stand Myles.

It's a 20 second Creed/Nickleback sound. neutral

I'd like to hear some instrumentals. I just don't know how I can deal with Myles. Even that 20 second preview was terrible, so it's hard to say I need to hear more. I want to hear more Slash, less Myles.

But I agree with Mad, the slick production is very surprising.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I like it. Sure it sounds like simple modern radio rock- but it's good simple modern radio rock. Also it looks like the album art will be better this time. The last one was ghastly.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Same people hatin love axls generic nin meets coldplay meets dream theater album

Board footer