You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash Apocalytipic Love album/singles Chart positions

-D- wrote:

I think people are super super hard on him.

so what if he never matches his GNR work???

And u can say the same for Axl

He still wrote it. Great thing about music.. it isn't a what have u done for me lately endeavor. He still has that legacy and that catalog if he never writes another.

Jimmy Page hasnt written a great riff in how many decades? changes nothing.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Del: Do you think he [Slash] can play guitar?

Axl: I prefer listening to others in general, especially those who both push their talents and infuse them with a level of energy that I've seldom heard in his efforts over the years. I'm not taking anything away from the man that are his to claim for his past efforts; it's just that for whatever reason for me, whether the approach, style or basic hands-on technique is there, the passion and true dedication to the art of guitar in his chosen area other than being, in my opinion, a whore for the limelight has generally seemed absent or lacking with most efforts for a long time. To me, it's sad. I don't get it. Where does it go? Is it a choice? Sometimes it's there on covers; I think Clive [Davis, legendary record executive] fell for that.

I sort of agree with this, in that was my biggest beef with Slash post GN'R. I just don't hear anything great coming out of him like he did back then. I just haven't. But that's a matter of taste, too. And I recognize that.

And he nails it about cover songs. Slash is fucking AMAZING when he covers a song. The cover he did of "Hey Joe" gave me goosebumps, literally. I wanted to see him back in GN'R and I wanted him to play like that more often... Then, his solo album happened. And now you're a lie. I don't get it either. And this isn't a Axl vs Slash post. Not at all. I just don't understand how Slash could even be playing with Myles, let alone creating the music he is with him. He should have been the next Jeff Beck. When I first heard Snakepit I can't tell you how disappointed I was. Meh... It's really not worth getting into, because I know this is going to start something and I don't mean it to.

I think there's a silver lining in his comments, that he seems to take it personal that Slash has settled. I mean, it's like Slash is personally insulting him with his music and lack of, not effort, but progression. I could see this as being THE crux of their problem. Seriously. Axl could have felt abandoned when Slash made it clear he wasn't going to work that hard. That basically they weren't on the same team anymore.

Not saying Axl was right at all, because Slash just can't stay in a studio, noodling and tinkering with shit for years and not release anything, but I understand why they can't work together now.

Yeah slash should just call it quit 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^

That's not what I said at all. He has his fans who love everything he does. He makes them happy, it doesn't matter what I think.

-D- wrote:

He still wrote it. Great thing about music.. it isn't a what have u done for me lately endeavor. He still has that legacy and that catalog if he never writes another.

It's actually funny YOU say that, when anything Axl does, you're comparing it to his past work, your comparing chart positions to other people...

Again, Chinese Democracy is defintely more my taste, but there's some epic stuff on there from Axl, imo.

I haven't heard Slash reach the heights MUSICALLY that he did when he was in GN'R. Does that just go away?

It's actually funny YOU say that, when anything Axl does, you're comparing it to his past work, your comparing chart positions to other people...

Again, Chinese Democracy is defintely more my taste, but there's some epic stuff on there from Axl, imo.

I haven't heard Slash reach the heights MUSICALLY that he did when he was in GN'R. Does that just go away?

Well you can also Axl say hasn't reached the heights of the old GN'R either. 9

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash's body of work post Guns sucks....period. Axl's does too because he hasn't released shit and Chinese is lukewarm at best. Duff's solo shit sucks. Izzy has brief moments but that's it. Game over.

-D-

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

^^

That's not what I said at all. He has his fans who love everything he does. He makes them happy, it doesn't matter what I think.

-D- wrote:

I said right there in like the third line...

Axl also kept GNR name so yeah u compare GNR present to GNR past as an overall band.

Axl's parts on CD are amazing. His vocals,lyrics,melodies piano are great.. its the rest of the music I think is mediocre.

Same with Slash.. his riffs,solos etc are still good to great.. its just people don't like the singers overall finished songs.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Its pointless debating this. GNR was the blend of the four men at the front with the swing of the drummer at the back writing about their chaotic lifestyles of the time.

No man got 'worse' after 1993, its just that they don't have the specific and unique conditions they used to work in that brought them up to the standard we all miss.

GNR will always be a brilliant band but the unique mix of people and circumstances that made them unique was a long time ago and that special vintage won't be back.

Slash, Axl, Duff and Izzy are, to themselves, doing their best. BUT these older, spolit and rich men (some with kids to drive to school in the Escalade) will never write more spirited and emotive rock music than their young, poor  hungry and lawless selves did back in the day. We should stop beating them up over this.

For me, give me Slash II and CD II. Personally I think they both will stiff more than their owners think they will and we'll see what happens then.
I'd love an Axl solo album and a Slash instrumental album. i want to hear what those men really have to say without the baggage of band names or personas.

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

Exactly.. Slash is an Indy artist working his ass off

don't penalize him for being a work horse.

Bridgestone+Super+Bowl+XLV+Halftime+Show+-cTaoTfgLMFl.jpg

Shut the fuck up

-D-

-D- wrote:

WOW insults. bout the only thing u actually contribute to this forum.

So u are prob the same guy saying how Slash is STUCK in the same ole same ole but yet he did a funky ass amazing song with Kravitz, and what people like you don't realize is, He may have PLAYED with Fergie, but it was STILL a ROCK song.

Let me repeat that slow so someone like u can understand... I-T  W-A-S S-T-I-L-L -A- -R-O-C-K- -S-O-N-G-

unlike your boy trying to be a fake ass wanna be Trent Reznor.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Poor Riad, I've come across rotting bodies that are less offensive

Board footer