You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

Sky Dog wrote:

could be....dug this back up for the people that don't think there is an album or more of material already in the can from the Chinese sessions...

"Stinson says that there’s “a bunch” of GNR material written and still waiting to be recorded - “some of it worthy of finishing, some of it probably not” - in addition to 22 songs recorded during the “Chinese Democracy” process that were not included on the album." - Tommy, 11/13/11

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't usually think his recorded solo songs (like Jordan, Soothsayer, Whitewash) translate well into a "normal" song, but the one above is structured like a normal song, not an instrumental. I can actually picture vocals on it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

People reading way too much into that tweet

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:

A lot of Buckethead fans complain that some of the best songs he's been playing live he's never recorded.

I WONDER if this is because they WERE GNR songs and Axl has the rights to them, like this song above.

Nice observation. Very possible.

Imo his best work came around the period he was in GN'R. That gig did him a lot of good. Only too bad he wouldn't keep doing it. It's not like these guys are especially active members. I'd reckon there's a lot of free time.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

THIS should have been a GN'R song... Maybe it was at one point.

Maybe it still is. I think there's a much ballsier album than CD out there, more revolved around BH and Fincks personal styles and an "If the world"/"OMG" type Axl.

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:

robin made an impact. robin makes the case why he should be the lead guitarist for the european tour. not dj ashba or bumblefoot.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That untitled bucket song is 9 Can only hope there's shit like that lying around Axl's place for when CD2 comes out 11

As for Robin, I suspect this is like when Duff or Izzy play with GNR...doesn't mean much except they were in the same town as GNR and he has a workable friendship with Axl - that's my guess.

I think bumble would post more if he was quitting. I think he was just saying "thanks for a kickass tour, now I'm i'm going home in the downtime to sort out my back issue".

As for TWAT, this is controversial, but I think the problem in the verses is actually what bucket plays. To my ears it's kind of clunky or at a minimum - it's way to prominent in the mix. I believe the start of the "99 Demo" of twat where the verses are all synth is better. Don't mean to bash bucket though...he did a killer job on the outro solo.

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bobo wrote:

robin made an impact. robin makes the case why he should be the lead guitarist for the european tour. not dj ashba or bumblefoot.

Huh?

robin makes the case axl should bring him back for the european tour and let go either dj, bumble or both

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer