You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bobo
 Rep: -7 

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

bobo wrote:
bobo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bobo wrote:

robin made an impact. robin makes the case why he should be the lead guitarist for the european tour. not dj ashba or bumblefoot.

Huh?

robin makes the case axl should bring him back for the european tour and let go either dj, bumble or both

it's what axl should do. robin proved he's the best guitarist in guns n roses since slash on better last night. for the european tour, axl should dj and bumble. replace them with robin for the tour

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Everyone knows my hate hate relationship with Robin.....

but u know what... I gotta admit... He def has that "IT" something onstage that none of the other guys have.

I don't like his guitar style.. but he def has that "unique star quality" none of the other guys have.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I love Dead Flowers, but I gotta say, I find it so odd that they play covers that the old band used to rather than playing actual GN'R tunes. Just makes them seem like they have no identity of their own...:ummm:

This.

GN'R Facebook official wrote:

Lethargic whiny lil bitches who will probably ...never ever get it cause their heads are decades into the last century and buried up someone's ass.

Whole Lotta Rosie, Dead Flowers and Mama Kin? 16  The Axl Camp is the Monty Python of the 21st century.

I know that some of you see this as an improvement and another huge brave step forward, a milestone in the 'Axl has a vision' project, but hey, it's hilarious. Now they are not only covering other people's songs, but they are covering the old band's cover songs.

I get the point, BUT.  As a GNR fan, I'd love to hear "Dead Flowers" or "Mama Kin" live, regardless of who is in the band.  While they're at it, play "It's Alright" or "Dust in the Wind".  I wouldn't know some of those songs if it wasn't for GNR as it is, so I think it's cool for the fans.

Were people criticizing Slash for playing The Godfather theme recently?  Why dip into the past for that one?  Because fans LOVE IT!  Fans love to hear something from the past.  This gets forgotten all too often.  Again, if you want to bitch about the setlist from your keyboard, I get it.  But if you're actually AT the show and they played those 2 songs the other night I think you'd have a different reaction.

I get it, we all want to hear new music.  People used to want to hear more UYI stuff, but now all I hear is how lame that is and how they should focus on playing their own stuff.  Now they can't play covers they used to play?  Did they get praise for breaking out "Riff Raff"?  That was a new one.  I remember hearing people saying enough with the covers.  How about "Sailing", "Sway" and "Back in the F'ing UK"? 

We all WANT new music, but apparently we ain't getting any anytime soon.  So we're getting the next best thing as far as I can tell.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I didn't want to say anything, but damn, those guys jelled together on stage. There was chemistry that just isn't there without him.

BAH! sad

bobo

bobo wrote:
bobo wrote:
bobo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Huh?

robin makes the case axl should bring him back for the european tour and let go either dj, bumble or both

it's what axl should do. robin proved he's the best guitarist in guns n roses since slash on better last night. for the european tour, axl should dj and bumble. replace them with robin for the tour

robin has star quality dj and bumble don't have. if axl were smart, he'd cut off some dead weight and make this the lineup for the european tour:

axl rose
robin finck
tommy stinson
richard fortus
dizzy reed
brain

this should be the lineup for the european tour

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If he can reunite with Robin, he better fucking step up at the hof.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I find it funny the amount of slobbering over brain and finck with GNR, yet some think a one off at the hof is a bad idea. So selfish, you love when he reunites with all old members not named Slash. I thought it was cool. Imagine the vibe at rnrhof if the appetite line up does 2 or 3 tunes.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bobo

bobo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

I didn't want to say anything, but damn, those guys jelled together on stage. There was chemistry that just isn't there without him.

BAH! sad

This. Chemistry goes a lot farther with me than just having people on stage just to have them there.

Watch that Better video again, there is a genuine magic going on there.

there's magic robin brings to the band on stage that dj ashba just doesn't

Board footer