You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

-D- wrote:

U must be related to Hellen Keller

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Folks, please don't feed the troll..

Bono is 100% on spot on this...

At first I thought he was our own htgth's HBK but then it became annoying.

I think everyone can agree that Finck was important to Chinese Democracy, being it in a good way or in a bad.

And everyone can agree that old songs, live, now, with Ashba, sound more similar to the way Slash played 'em.

Whatever else is opinion and everyone have their own. I already ranted on how I think Finck (and to a extent Bucket) was Axl's way out of Slash's and GN'R's old way but he, Axl, failed to pursue that Holy Graal of a new direction, spent years cutting, pasting, recutting and repasting CD sessions instead of moving forward and I HOPE we won't be stuck much longer on nostalgia and I have a strange feeling that a new album will be announced/released in 2012.

If not, I'll keep Gn'R as my favorite band as a teenager and keep how CD saga and what I believed Axl once was for carryig the name meant to me personally in between 97 and 2008 as a memory and will become a casual.

As I said before, I've already travelled 30+ hours to see this band live and in June I'll be in the same town as GNR, my hotel is a 5 minute walk from the venue and I have no intention on catching them playing the same concert I've already seen 3 times.

first, i'm not a troll.

second, finck is more than important on chinese. robin is the lead guitar player on the record like slash was on appetite

third, dj ashba isn't a good live guitar player. dj doesn't sound good on studio tracks. i know slash. dj ain't slash

fourth, you are right about one thing....axl wanted to move forward away from slash with robin on the chinese democracy record. but axl is a perfectionist. the dream didn't come true. in 2008, robin was out of the picture and chinese democracy didn't sell in the states. axl didn't promote it. the single was a bad choice. little to no radio airplay. the album didn't succeed commercially like the illusions did before it

fifth, i'm not optimistic about a new record. so far, 2012 is another tour year for axl. if there was news of a release, we would have had it before the up close and personal tour. before the other tours before the up close tour too. next is HOF. then another tour. i don't see a new record coming

sixth, i've seen gnr a lot too. probably more than you lol i've spent lots of money. lots of money on the chinese democracy record too. from my experience, i see guns n roses looking better than ever live in 2002 and 2006. the band hasn't been that good since the 2006 tour. but robin made the band great again performin better out of the blue in bright green

seventh, with HOF....the european tour will most likely be the same as up close and personal tour. hopefully this time dj ashba leaves and robin comes back to the band fulltime for the nostalgia classics!

AtariLegend wrote:

Listening to the 99 "There Was A Time" Demo, Finks guitar playing is pretty sweet. Bucket may best thing on album, but Fink's guitar is great as layering. Love his "This I Love" solo too, but not gonna go down the best GNR guitarist ever.

Shocked tbh that they reunited and played on stage together. Thought there were rumours of a bitter resignation years ago.

bobo

bobo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Listening to the 99 "There Was A Time" Demo, Finks guitar playing is pretty sweet. Bucket may best thing on album, but Fink's guitar is great as layering. Love his "This I Love" solo too, but not gonna go down the best GNR guitarist ever.

Shocked tbh that they reunited and played on stage together. Thought there were rumours of a bitter resignation years ago.

finck's guitar playing on there was a time and this i love is sweet as slash is sweet on appetite for destruction and use your illusions

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Im starting to come around to the idea that people can have different opinions than me. i just can't understand/comprehend how someone can think a solo is better than SCOM or NR.

Honestly, i just don't

hell even the KOHD solo Slash does is so underrated.

We haven't even mentioned his Estranged guitar stuff etc etc etc etc

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bobo

bobo wrote:
-D- wrote:

Im starting to come around to the idea that people can have different opinions than me. i just can't understand/comprehend how someone can think a solo is better than SCOM or NR.

Honestly, i just don't

hell even the KOHD solo Slash does is so underrated.

We haven't even mentioned his Estranged guitar stuff etc etc etc etc

robin's guitar work on the chinese democracy record is underrated more than slash on illusions

bobo

bobo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bobo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

finck's guitar playing on there was a time and this i love is sweet as slash is sweet on appetite for destruction and use your illusions

Add something to the conversation or move on. Last warning; baited posts like this are not what we're looking for here.

what are you talking about? baited posts? i'm adding a lot to the conversation. i'm saying robin's work on twat and til is just as sweet is what slash does on guns records. it's what i hear when i listen to the chinese democracy record and appetite / illusions. it's not baited. it's what i hear

Board footer