You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

People forget Robin had more official, ASCAP writing credits than Bucket on Chinese...actually him and Paul have 7 a piece which is second to Axl. Dizzy has 6, Tommy 5, and Buckethead 3.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7377&p=1

That can be misleading though. The best guitar solo on the album apparently wasn't good enough to give Buckethead any writing credit for TWAT. Kinda reminds me of Slash with Estranged.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

It's cool that Robin played with them. I think the two best solos on CD are his. the short little one in Better and TIL solo so there's that.  Still as neat as this is  it's not earth shattering or anything the way some are acting. It's slightly comical how some on this board can say a real reunion isn't anything to be excited about yet they cream their pants when Robin walks on stage. Ok I get it some of you like Robin but to act like a real reunion just happend is quite a stretch.

Maybe Robin will be back full time and Ron will be out given his tweat?

Sky Dog wrote:

and for the record, his style right there fits in to the band much more than DJ. No sunset strip tats, dangling cigarettes or hats....he looks pretty good now.

I agree with this. Image wise he fit in damn good right there. First time he's ever fit in that regad if you ask me.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

And here I'd be, the ONLY person happy about Robin coming back but mad that Brain and BH were back 16

bucket

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Its always a cool seeing the person who wrote a song for GNR actually be the one playing it on stage 16

I dug it. Never a Robin fan but in that moment on that song I was a fan.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I like Robin on CD songs... just hate hearing him on Slash songs

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

I like Robin on CD songs... just hate hearing him on Slash songs

Agree. He ruined SCOM. Meanwhile, I still want Bucket playing with Axl again so they can finish what they started on TWAT. Won't happen of course because Bucket is one of the most prolific musicians in the world, while Axl is one of the biggest wastes of talent in music history.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah i dont like all but some of his cd stuff but maybe with more time any other releases I could have been a fan.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Robin did nice job on SOD, Better and TWAT.. still hate his TIL solo.

not a fan of his "Riffs" if u can call them that.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

T H I S:

Robins loving it 9

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

You guys think that Robin will be back, and in place of Ron??? Damn, what are you guys smoking? Robin couldn't play Slash's solos, and you think he could play Buckets & Rons stuff?

Board footer