You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

You guys think that Robin will be back, and in place of Ron??? Damn, what are you guys smoking? Robin couldn't play Slash's solos, and you think he could play Buckets & Rons stuff?

yer some good shit 16

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

R  o  bi  n

Thank you.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Awesome thanks for posting!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

I like Robin on CD songs... just hate hearing him on Slash songs

Agree. He ruined SCOM. Meanwhile, I still want Bucket playing with Axl again so they can finish what they started on TWAT. Won't happen of course because Bucket is one of the most prolific musicians in the world, while Axl is one of the biggest wastes of talent in music history.

If Ron is out of action it would be awesome to bring bucket just back for the European tour.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

why the fuck didn't Axl just create a new band with Robin, Bucket et al and just leave GNR where it was.

The man could have enjoyed such an uncomplicated career where he could have put out off the wall rock with the 2002 crew and gone back to GNR every 5 years to do a more classic album. Shit, he could have even done some ambient piano solo albums...

The fucker could have had it all.. now he's polarised and baffled his fans in equal amounts. That's part of his appeal I guess.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

and for the record, his style right there fits in to the band much more than DJ. No sunset strip tats, dangling cigarettes or hats....he looks pretty good now.

Robin still has that weird drunk-guy-nearly-falling-off-the-stage thing kinda going on.
I don't really see how that's a better fit than DJ's classic rocker style.

And somehow Robin managed to make that Better riff sound like nails on a chalkboard again.
I still love the Better solo though, and he played it well here.

I give credit to Robin for keeping the band going for all the years that he was there, but I'm still glad we have DJ now.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

why the fuck didn't Axl just create a new band with Robin, Bucket et al and just leave GNR where it was.

The man could have enjoyed such an uncomplicated career where he could have put out off the wall rock with the 2002 crew and gone back to GNR every 5 years to do a more classic album. Shit, he could have even done some ambient piano solo albums...

The fucker could have had it all.. now he's polarised and baffled his fans in equal amounts. That's part of his appeal I guess.

^^^ Ego. Power. Control.

That Better vid is sweet, I'd love for Robin to come back permenantly, bring back Brain and I'd bust a nut.

It'll never happen though, Axl has weeded out everyone who is a different height to him so the bow at the end is an even height. Thats what its all about man, thats what its aaaaaaaaaaalways been about...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I really liked watching Robin play Better again. It looks right hearing and seeing him play the solo.

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

^^^ Ego. Power. Control.

That Better vid is sweet, I'd love for Robin to come back permenantly, bring back Brain and I'd bust a nut.

It'll never happen though, Axl has weeded out everyone who is a different height to him so the bow at the end is an even height. Thats what its all about man, thats what its aaaaaaaaaaalways been about...

Axl should have followed Maynard's (Tool) example. He has another band in A Perfect Circle then he has Puscifer (a real experimental, arty concept) then he always has the big Kahuna in Tool.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

I like Robin on CD songs... just hate hearing him on Slash songs

I agree with that...

Board footer