You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Bono wrote:

I don't think he'd last chatting on this site. Too many people would call him out and tell him to cut the shit and answer the questions without all the riddles. Then if he tried to have a war of words with a member he'd get beat down.Too many people on this board who are much smarter than Axl. he'd get crushed if he tried to verablly attack someone the way he did at mygnr.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've only seen him attack one person, but depending on who you ask, she kind of deserved it.

He was actually pretty cool during the chats. Even when he was calling people cunts. He got through the "having his nanny wipe his ass" posts pretty well, imo.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I agree that Axl could have and should have done more with GNR in the past 10 years or so, but it's also probably not an exaggeration that everyone he's dealt with in business over that time period has been set on "getting the band back together".  That is contrary to what his goal and vision has been.  Surely you could see where this could cause some issues.

he could solve that shit by writting, recording and submitting  albums to the label. The End.  being productive would make "them" move on. He hasn't given anyone a reason to move on from the old Guns. that is HIS fault and HIS fault alone.  I swear the world wanted to move on and look forwrad to something new more than Axl Rose ever did.

Yeah, it does seem that way.  It seems the world was open to accepting a new Guns lineup when they emerged on the scene.  I'm sure Axl would paint a different picture though.  And to be fair, we don't know what he had to deal with even when the mainstream media seemed to be open to the idea.  Behind the scenes it could have been a different story.

But I tend to agree, it seems like they had an opportunity there and it slipped away.  There's no going back, and I don't think they'll ever get to that level again.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've only seen him attack one person, but depending on who you ask, she kind of deserved it.

He was actually pretty cool during the chats. Even when he was calling people cunts. he got through the "having his nanny wipe his ass" posts pretty well, imo.

true. I just think he'd have a tough time here with people who wouldn't pussy foot around subjects. And I thnk with his inevitable refusal to answer anything that matters people would start calling him out.  People on this board wouldn't sit and simply accept his long winded, "big worded" answers. He wouldn't fool people here. Nobody's gonna be in awe based on Axl ability(or lack of) to articulate.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

And there is no doubt in my mind the guys in his current band are absolutely embarassed right now. No doubt in my mind.

Yeah, I think I would be.  I mean, on the one hand, it shows Axl's allegiance to the new guys.  But I don't see how this helps their image going forward.  People are so pissed at Axl right now, they may take it out on the other band members, if they even still care enough to take it to that level.

Like I said before, Axl is doing his best to let everyone know that a reunion is not in the cards.  The sooner everyone accepts that, hopefully the band can move forward with whatever fans they have left.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

He was actually pretty cool during the chats. Even when he was calling people cunts. he got through the "having his nanny wipe his ass" posts pretty well, imo.

true. I just think he'd have a tough time here with people who wouldn't pussy foot around subjects. And I thnk with his inevitable refusal to answer anything that matters people would start calling him out.  People on this board wouldn't sit and simply accept his long winded, "big worded" answers. He wouldn't fool people here. Nobody's gonna be in awe based on Axl ability(or lack of) to articulate.

You know what? Like I said to Buzz earlier, he might just win people over if he actually explained stuff. He could have real legit reasons for why he feels the way he does. Seeing how well he does in the chats, I think he could seriously clear the air and have a real conversation without outside filters or censors protecting him. But... We'll never know. I'm sure it's a scary prospect when you don't have a safety net.

Bono

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah, it does seem that way.  It seems the world was open to accepting a new Guns lineup when they emerged on the scene.  I'm sure Axl would paint a different picture though.  And to be fair, we don't know what he had to deal with even when the mainstream media seemed to be open to the idea.  Behind the scenes it could have been a different story.

But I tend to agree, it seems like they had an opportunity there and it slipped away.  There's no going back, and I don't think they'll ever get to that level again.

I honestly believe he's blown any chance he may have had of the general public accepting his Gn'R. And now he can use that as an excuse as to how hard things have been, how hard things are, and how hard thinsg will be in the future. Simply put Axl Rose is a first class excuse maker

I mean let's face it he would probably use this post of mine as an excuse because I called them "his Gn'R" and didn't simply refer to them as Guns N' Roses.

People who are afraid to succeed or don't believe they can tend to build up a list of excuses and people to blame. Allows them to live with no accountability.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I simply don't like him anymore. Love his work, but he really sucks balls as a human. I have wasted years of time on forums following a guy that can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with.

I'm sorry, but you think he "sucks balls as a human" because he "can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with" for you and that makes him "an ungrateful child". Do you not see the irony in that? 16

Ali

Bono

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

And there is no doubt in my mind the guys in his current band are absolutely embarassed right now. No doubt in my mind.

Yeah, I think I would be.  I mean, on the one hand, it shows Axl's allegiance to the new guys.  But I don't see how this helps their image going forward.  People are so pissed at Axl right now, they may take it out on the other band members, if they even still care enough to take it to that level.

Like I said before, Axl is doing his best to let everyone know that a reunion is not in the cards.  The sooner everyone accepts that, hopefully the band can move forward with whatever fans they have left.

The sad part is the band is actually really cool and yet Axl's antics will no doubt create and has created a lot of hate directed their way. they are more "hacks" today than they've ever been and when all the articles come out saying "Guns N' Roses were inducted minus Axl Rose" the line of thinking is gonna be the REAL Guns N' Roses was inducted while Axl jerks off to FAKE Guns N' Roses.

I think Axl's letter has done more harm than anything. Like I said earlier I was really suprised to see friends on facebook talking about this without me initiating it or even being part of the conversation. Then the amount fo commenst they were getting on their status and links was nuts.  Before Axl was just a  dick, today people seemed to genuinely hate him. Not cool and again he brought it all on himself.

I mean look at the Gn'R facebook page haha! That's a fan page 10 Unreal the amount of hate and disgust being thrown Axl's way and unfortunately the new lineup gets thrown into the mix. Good job Axl.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I actually think he would be a fascinating person to sit down and actually talk properly to.  It would be interesting to know what makes him tick and do the often seemingly stupid things he does.

Board footer