You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Lisa Reed (Dizzy's wife): ''Just an FYI for those supporting the rrhof and dissing my friend for his honest and forthright decision. This establishment wanted to charge dizzy $3000 per person to attend his induction to their little museum. With the kids and parents and everyone close to him. This would have added up to $21000. Pretty sure He would rather spend that money on more meaningful things.''

Am I reading ths right, she Is saying due to the dollars they charge per person to attend Dizzy now won't be going or just his family won't attend with him?

I think it's bullshit. I doubt he wouldn't get some free passes, although sure there is a limit. I also don't think it'd be this pricey, but faldor can tell us tongue

Something tells me, I won't be getting the "rock star treatment" from my $50 seats in the balcony.  A bit of a difference.

And I believe Dizzy's wife wrote about the $3000 a plate a few days before Axl's letter, as I had read it on HTGTH earlier in the week.  So it wasn't really in response to, or because of that.  Although, it's entirely possible that she could have known what was up at that point.

While on the subject, what surprised me (well maybe not all that much) is it seems now more than ever that Axl does his own thing without anyone else knowing anything about it, even those closest to him.  I mean, he and DJ seem pretty tight.  Yet just a few weeks ago, DJ was saying how he hoped Axl would play with the ex-members at the Hall.  Surely he wouldn't say that if he knew what Axl was feeling.  And whoever runs GNR's twitter surely wouldn't have been so excited about Green Day inducting the band if their sole remaining original member didn't want to be inducted.  Seems to me, no one really knew how Axl felt until a few days ago.  I guess that shouldn't be surprising though.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Look, it's obvious Axl wanted his craptastic new Guns N Roses to play some songs, and the HOF rejected the notion, saying it'd be an irrelevant waste of time.  So Axls declining.  Smart move on the HOF's part.  I'd rather see the Beastie Beastie Boys & Chili Peppa's play than a coupla Motley Crue cover band rejects.

No it's not obvious Axl tried to sneak in his own band.

Axl don't wanna go because it makes him uncomfortable.

There, end of story. Why are you trying to create scenarios?

Just accept it for what it is. He doesn't wanna go because he pussed out!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Bono wrote:

Axl isn't doing this for any noble cause. He's simply doing it cause he hates Slash and wants new Guns inducted. That's what it boiled down to. If new Guns was being inducted Ax would be all over this and everyone knows it.  If new Guns was being inducted the $3000/plate would not have be an issue whatsoever. Dizzy would pay it in a heartbeat.

Shocking to read that Axl was obsessed over Slash. Who knew roll

No he didn't. Jesus allmighty, he just doesn't wanna go because he's a pussy and felt uncomfortable.

Even Axl ain't that fucking dumb that he thinks he can sneak in new GNR and leave the old band standing outside the door. What the fuck are you on about?

He's a coward and a pussy, but he's not dumb.

A possible new GNR inducted into Hall of Fame is like discussing how aliens got a base on the other side of the moon. It's for freaks and nutjobs and doesn't belong in a serious discussion.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

"Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense" - Axl Rose

You know,  I'll give up on all this talk, but one final thought..  Can anyone not interpret the above Axl Rose statement as:

"So what about what the fans would want to see. I don't care, not my concern.  I'm not going to go anywhere near the old band."

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
DCK wrote:

No it's not obvious Axl tried to sneak in his own band.

Axl don't wanna go because it makes him uncomfortable.

There, end of story. Why are you trying to create scenarios?

Just accept it for what it is. He doesn't wanna go because he pussed out!

DCK wrote:

Even Axl ain't that fucking dumb that he thinks he can sneak in new GNR and leave the old band standing outside the door. What the fuck are you on about?

A possible new GNR inducted into Hall of Fame is like discussing how aliens got a base on the other side of the moon. It's for freaks and nutjobs and doesn't belong in a serious discussion.

Never said he wanted to "sneak" Nu-Gnr in.  He asked that they play with HOF officials:

Rose goes on to write that over the past few months, he has met with members of the Hall of Fame's board, spoken with its president, and read in the media what fans and other members of the band had said.

[i]He describes his efforts to find a way to appear as being "polite, courteous, and open" but adds, "no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."[/i]

To me, in my opinion yet fairly obvious reading between the lines opinion, Axl met with the HOF and stated he feels he should play with NuGnr, with Slash & the VR gang playing with their crew too and a singer of their choice.  The HOF declined, therefore Axl feels unwanted/unrespected.

Not sure how else Axl's asking to "appear" and get rejected would be interpreted, but you're all entitled to your own views.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That's a fair opinion, but there are many other ways of looking at it.  He could've simply wanted the current lineup to get some sort of recognition, short of them actually being inducted.  The Hall could've refused.  He could've disagreed with who was or wasn't inducted, again not saying he feels the current guys should be inducted.  He obviously had a problem with the selection process.  Axl doesn't fare well in the corporate world, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is about as corporate as it gets.  This was doomed to fail from day one.  Unfortunately, some of us got our hopes up and thought the impossible could happen.  We'll never learn.

With that being said, I'm off to Syracuse on part 1 of my trek to Cleveland.  I'll be staying there tonight and heading to the Hall tomorrow.  Hopefully nobody else bails on my travels.  I'm still holding out hope to see Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt perform as I have never seen them before.  So that in and of itself would be something to hang onto.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:
Bono wrote:

Axl isn't doing this for any noble cause. He's simply doing it cause he hates Slash and wants new Guns inducted. That's what it boiled down to. If new Guns was being inducted Ax would be all over this and everyone knows it.  If new Guns was being inducted the $3000/plate would not have be an issue whatsoever. Dizzy would pay it in a heartbeat.

Shocking to read that Axl was obsessed over Slash. Who knew roll

No he didn't. Jesus allmighty, he just doesn't wanna go because he's a pussy and felt uncomfortable.

Pull your damn head out of the sand. I've been extremely vocal that he's a  fucking pussy. Fact is and we all know it, he wanted his Gn'R involved in some way shape or form. Either he wanted certain members of it inducted or he wanetd the band to play or what have you.  fact is he wasn't happy with who was being inducted. Had they given him the option of inducting the current band without the old guys he'd have jumepd on it. Dont' pretend he woudln't

And yes he's a fucking pussy as I've said many times.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

"Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense" - Axl Rose

You know,  I'll give up on all this talk, but one final thought..  Can anyone not interpret the above Axl Rose statement as:

"So what about what the fans would want to see. I don't care, not my concern.  I'm not going to go anywhere near the old band."

Yes, that's what a non-politician would say without a spin doctorish approoach. BTW Axl was very aware how important this is to the GN'R fans:

Speaking in an interview with VH1's 'That Metal Show', Axl said: "I don't know what the nomination means in terms of me and the old band - I don't know - that is still all up in the air.
"It's an honour to be on the nomination and I know there is definitely an element of the fans that really like that."

LA Times:
When he's asked the inevitable question — who will perform onstage as Guns N' Roses at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony? — Rose is circumspect. These kinds of honors, while special to him, are also complicated. "I've got mixed emotions about what the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame actually really is, but at the same time, there's a lot of people — the fans — that it just means something to them, and they're happy. It's like you won the Heisman or something."

The last thing Rose wants to do, he stresses, is ruin it for others. He refers to Marlon Brando sending an American Indian activist to accept his Oscar and give a protest speech "and everybody getting … off, or when Michael Moore got up at the Academy Awards and said whatever about George Bush. People don't want that associated with their awards shows, even if you have a big audience. In one way it might be right, but it usually backfires on whoever does it. So I really don't want to spoil it for everybody else — or take the beating."

Then he said curtly of the induction performance: "There is no plan yet. There really is no plan. We're still busy with this lineup. We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Am I reading ths right, she Is saying due to the dollars they charge per person to attend Dizzy now won't be going or just his family won't attend with him?

I think it's bullshit. I doubt he wouldn't get some free passes, although sure there is a limit. I also don't think it'd be this pricey, but faldor can tell us tongue

Something tells me, I won't be getting the "rock star treatment" from my $50 seats in the balcony.  A bit of a difference.

And I believe Dizzy's wife wrote about the $3000 a plate a few days before Axl's letter, as I had read it on HTGTH earlier in the week.  So it wasn't really in response to, or because of that.  Although, it's entirely possible that she could have known what was up at that point.

While on the subject, what surprised me (well maybe not all that much) is it seems now more than ever that Axl does his own thing without anyone else knowing anything about it, even those closest to him.  I mean, he and DJ seem pretty tight.  Yet just a few weeks ago, DJ was saying how he hoped Axl would play with the ex-members at the Hall.  Surely he wouldn't say that if he knew what Axl was feeling.  And whoever runs GNR's twitter surely wouldn't have been so excited about Green Day inducting the band if their sole remaining original member didn't want to be inducted.  Seems to me, no one really knew how Axl felt until a few days ago.  I guess that shouldn't be surprising though.

I believe that is a reference to Axl and his letter.

She did write about that earlier, but she wrote about it again after Axl's letter.

And that's his ex-wife, just to be correct.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Figured I'd just post the whole article here now:

A History of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame No-Shows
By Andy Greene
April 12, 2012 1:50 PM ET
Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z1rvptcZWk

The list doesn't relate because people aren't necesarily upset THAT Axl isn't showing up... they are upset at the reason WHY??   It's Qualitative rather than Quantitative.  The Jerry Garcia & Sex Pistols, Grace Slick etc  I respect their decision.  I don't thinK I agree with it because I think the fans WOULD rather see them reunite or play the induction, but I respect their reasoning why. And sheez, a fucking earthquake prevented Rod Stewart from going!!  Apples & Oranges. So a few kinda relate, Diana Ross, VH, Genesis & Floyd.  But I don't think any bailed out a few days before it took place with some angry, self centered rant?!   From day 1 they all pretty much just said thanks but no thanks.  Plus the actual place didn't open until 1995, so prior ones were just events with no actual Hall Of Fame building.

Of course it relates.  The theory prevalent here is that the underlying reason is the tension with the old band. Look at the Roger Waters and Paul McCartney examples.  It shows Axl isn't the only one to skip this ceremony on the basis of tensions with former bandmates.

Ali

Board footer