You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
gibbo wrote:
Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

The sad part is the band is actually really cool and yet Axl's antics will no doubt create and has created a lot of hate directed their way. they are more "hacks" today than they've ever been and when all the articles come out saying "Guns N' Roses were inducted minus Axl Rose" the line of thinking is gonna be the REAL Guns N' Roses was inducted while Axl jerks off to FAKE Guns N' Roses.

I think Axl's letter has done more harm than anything. Like I said earlier I was really suprised to see friends on facebook talking about this without me initiating it or even being part of the conversation. Then the amount fo commenst they were getting on their status and links was nuts.  Before Axl was just a  dick, today people seemed to genuinely hate him. Not cool and again he brought it all on himself.

I mean look at the Gn'R facebook page haha! That's a fan page 10 Unreal the amount of hate and disgust being thrown Axl's way and unfortunately the new lineup gets thrown into the mix. Good job Axl.

The hate you describe on FB is nothing new at all. There was even a post on FB before from GN'R about it. This is not new.

Ali

Thats nothing compaired to now

gibbo

Disagreed completely.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I simply don't like him anymore. Love his work, but he really sucks balls as a human. I have wasted years of time on forums following a guy that can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with.

I'm sorry, but you think he "sucks balls as a human" because he "can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with" for you and that makes him "an ungrateful child". Do you not see the irony in that? 16

Ali

That's not what he said.  I don't see the word because anywhere in his post.  He said

I simply don't like him anymore. Love his work, but he really sucks balls as a human.

and

I have wasted years of time on forums following a guy that can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with.

They are both individual statements that do not rely on each other for validity.

I did not say he said them all in a connected fashion.  Perhaps I worded it poorly.  I'm saying he said all those things.  He did call him "an ungrateful child" in an earlier post.  It's ironic because you have someone criticizing another for denying them something they wanted and calling them an "ungrateful child" 16

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 50#p229850

It's so ironic it's funny.:laugh:

Sorry Smoking Guns, I just can't help but laugh at the irony.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:

That's a fair opinion, but there are many other ways of looking at it.  He could've simply wanted the current lineup to get some sort of recognition, short of them actually being inducted.  The Hall could've refused.  He could've disagreed with who was or wasn't inducted, again not saying he feels the current guys should be inducted.  He obviously had a problem with the selection process.  Axl doesn't fare well in the corporate world, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is about as corporate as it gets.  This was doomed to fail from day one.  Unfortunately, some of us got our hopes up and thought the impossible could happen.  We'll never learn.

With that being said, I'm off to Syracuse on part 1 of my trek to Cleveland.  I'll be staying there tonight and heading to the Hall tomorrow.  Hopefully nobody else bails on my travels.  I'm still holding out hope to see Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt perform as I have never seen them before.  So that in and of itself would be something to hang onto.

Agreed.  I think he may have wanted some sort of recognition, more recognition, for the current band.

Unfortunately, the HOF opens themselves up to this type of questioning/criticism for their selection process when they don't induct Dio with Sabbath yet induct Josh Klinghoffer for RHCP.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

I'm sorry, but you think he "sucks balls as a human" because he "can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with" for you and that makes him "an ungrateful child". Do you not see the irony in that? 16

Ali

That's not what he said.  I don't see the word because anywhere in his post.  He said

I simply don't like him anymore. Love his work, but he really sucks balls as a human.

and

I have wasted years of time on forums following a guy that can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with.

They are both individual statements that do not rely on each other for validity.

I did not say he said them all in a connected fashion.  Perhaps I worded it poorly.  I'm saying he said all those things.  He did call him "an ungrateful child" in an earlier post.  It's ironic because you have someone criticizing another for denying them something they wanted and calling them an "ungrateful child" 16

Ali

Again, that's not what he said.  It's far less ironic when you're putting words in his mouth. 

He said:

and

Even if he said the "ungrateful child" comment earlier (I don't care enough to go back and look), he never said he was giving up because of that.  What he said here is very, very clear.  There's no need for you to imply he said something else; especially when you're the one railing on everybody for saying Axl said things he never said.  Now THAT is ironic.

Ali

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

and

Ali

Again, that's not what he said.  It's far less ironic when you're putting words in his mouth.

He said all those things.  I'm not putting any words in anyone's mouth.  He called him a child and then complained about how his favorite band can't reunite and also said he "sucks balls as a human". 

Ungrateful child - http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 50#p229850

Why is it everyone else's favorite band can reunite but mine??? - http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 52#p229852

sucks balls as a human - http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 58#p229858

All on the same page, all in that order.

Ali

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

He said all those things.  I'm not putting any words in anyone's mouth.  He called him a child and then complained about how his favorite band can't reunite and also said he "sucks balls as a human". 

Why is it everyone else's favorite band can reunite but mine??? - http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 52#p229852

Ali

That's not what you quoted.  All of those statements are independent of each other.  I'm not sure why you're going out of your way to try to make someone here look bad, but stop it.  It's not funny and it isn't working.

Ali

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

and

Ali

He said:

and

Even if he said the "ungrateful child" comment earlier (I don't care enough to go back and look), he never said he was giving up because of that.  What he said here is very, very clear.  There's no need for you to imply he said something else; especially when you're the one railing on everybody for saying Axl said things he never said.  Now THAT is ironic.

You're not getting what is ironic about that so let me be more clear.  It is ironic to me to complain about not getting what you wanted/hoped for/felt entitled to, like a child does when they don't get what they want for Christmas or their birthday (hell, I did that when I was younger, so I'm guilty of it), and call that person who is denying or helping to deny you from getting what you want "an ungrateful child".

The irony to me is engaging in child-like behavior while calling someone else a child.  That's it and that's all.

I just think it was funny considering it was condensed in such a short number of posts.

If you don't find it ironic, o.k. that's your call.  I see it as a form of situation irony.

It's o.k.  It happens.  It was just so blatant that I had to laugh a wee bit at it. 16

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ali

That's not what you quoted.  All of those statements are independent of each other.  I'm not sure why you're going out of your way to try to make someone here look bad, but stop it.  It's not funny and it isn't working.

Last time, they were all made by the same person.  The irony is in the totality of the statements being made by the same person.

And you, of all posters here, have no business telling anyone else not to try to make anyone look bad. 

If people here can talk down to others, but not take a little ribbing in return with no namecalling or profanity being used, then that's a bit of double-standard to me.

If I offended you Smoking Guns, I apologize.  I got carried away in trying to clarify my statement to Buzzsaw.  Originally, I only meant my remark as a playful jab.

Ali

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

You're not getting what is ironic about that so let me be more clear.  It is ironic to me to complain about not getting what you wanted/hoped for/felt entitled to, like a child does when they don't get what they want for Christmas or their birthday (hell, I did that when I was younger, so I'm guilty of it), and call that person who is denying or helping to deny you from getting what you want "an ungrateful child".

The irony to me is engaging in child-like behavior while calling someone else a child.  That's it and that's all.

I just think it was funny considering it was condensed in such a short number of posts.

If you don't find it ironic, o.k. that's your call.  I see it as a form of situation irony.

It's o.k.  It happens.  It was just so blatant that I had to laugh a wee bit at it. 16

Ali

Ali

Oh, I get it, it's just not funny, especially when you're calling one person out on it when it's happened over and over on this site for years by people on both sides of it.  It's even less funny when you, the king of technicalities, tries to call someone out by painting with a broad brush.  If you're going to be mr detail guy, then be mr detail guy and be good at it.  Don't be mr detail guy when it suits you and mr paint with a broad brush when it doesn't. 

He's disappointed that he isn't going to get something he wanted.  So are a lot (and I mean a LOT) of other people.  He didn't write a 1000 word essay on it and have it reviewed by Del James and Beta for clarity before he posted it (yes, THAT is ironic).  If he says that years from now and you want to call it ironic, go for it.  There's nothing funny about an honest, emotional response to something that hurt him.  It seems you just don't get it, but this means a lot to some people - maybe (probably) more than it should.  I've said it for years...GnR is something people are passionate about on both sides.  It's not just a band.  You can't criticize people for an emotional reaction.  You should appreciate it - even if you don't agree with it.  People care.  Why I don't know sometimes, but people care.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

Last time, they were all made by the same person.  The irony is in the totality of the statements being made by the same person.

And you, of all posters here, have no business telling anyone else not to try to make anyone look bad. 

If people here can talk down to others, but not take a little ribbing in return with no namecalling or profanity being used, then that's a bit of double-standard to me.

If I offended you Smoking Guns, I apologize.  I got carried away in trying to clarify my statement to Buzzsaw.  Originally, I only meant my remark as a playful jab.

Ali

Should we go back and look at everything you've said?  I'm sure we can make fun of you too, and it might not take much effort to do so.  You originally said he said something he didn't and I called you on it.  You then took things said in completely different contexts and tried to turn it into him saying something he didn't say.  And I called you on that.  Now it was just poking some fun...okay.

I don't make people look bad...people make themselves look bad.  I had a bad habit of pointing it out, that's all.  Apparently you've brought it out in me again.  Thanks.

Board footer