You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

misterID wrote:

There you go. Not going to make Axl look any better. But you know, in the scheme of things, the HOF just might have shot themselves in the foot for that reunion performance. Izzy would have been the guy to get it done.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Izzy asked me to do him a favor and sort of get this out for him. Izzy don't Tweet, etc.

Thanks.

Duff

Izzy's Statement:

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!

Izzy Stradlin

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!

So i'm taking it that it's going to be Slash, Adler, Duff, maybe Sorum that show up! oh well! Izzy is still a badass though.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I love Izzy.

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

So I guess after Axl's NO, Izzy won't be there.

My problem is why? Why wouldn't he f'n go? No drama without the redhead.....:headbang::headbang:

My 2 favs aren't going....fuck me. However, I really am actually proud that they got in (at least the original 5).

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah..I know Izzy during the Rock Hall ceremony is probably going to drive up into a quiet area up in the mountains and listen to some Stones in his truck while the drama ensues. Maybe strum on one of his guitars. That wouldn't surprise me at all. 16 cool

Sky Dog wrote:

I can tell you one thing though. Bet your money on Slash jamming with Ronnie and The Faces....could be sweet.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

So I guess after Axl's NO, Izzy won't be there.

My problem is why? Why wouldn't he f'n go? No drama without the redhead.....:headbang::headbang:

I still think that despite Axl's absence, they should play. Dizzy will not be missed, anyway 13  I'd go as far as they should play, even if it's only Slash, Duff, Matt and Steven. Any performance is better than a no-performance (except if they'd call Jay Z tongue).

misterID

misterID wrote:

...The Faces should perform SCOM. smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Sorry, Buzz, but everything I said that was written was in fact written.  I do not make up quotes and attribute them to people. And, respectfully, I don't think those statements on the same page of one thread were in disparate contexts as you claim.  I did mean the pointing it out as playful jab, which is why I put a smiley on the end of my post.

Ali

You don't make up posts, you add to them and take them out of context.  I can do that too...I can make you say Slash is better than Axl if I go to enough of your posts and take things out of context.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

There you go. Not going to make Axl look any better. But you know, in the scheme of things, the HOF just might have shot themselves in the foot for that reunion performance. Izzy would have been the guy to get it done.

I am puzzled and a little skeptical. Matt said Slash had spoken to Izzy directly and Izzy said he wasn't coming. Either that was never said or Izzy didn't just decide. Or Slash needs a hearing aid.

Something's fishy.

Ali

Board footer