You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

misterID wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

There you go. Not going to make Axl look any better. But you know, in the scheme of things, the HOF just might have shot themselves in the foot for that reunion performance. Izzy would have been the guy to get it done.

I am puzzled and a little skeptical. Matt said Slash had spoken to Izzy directly and Izzy said he wasn't coming. Either that was never said or Izzy didn't just decide. Or Slash needs a hearing aid.

Something's fishy.

Ali

That's a good point, Ali.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

'not planning' to go can mean a lot of things... for example expecting an Axl hissy fit and a no-show.

tongue

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Sorry, Buzz, but everything I said that was written was in fact written.  I do not make up quotes and attribute them to people. And, respectfully, I don't think those statements on the same page of one thread were in disparate contexts as you claim.  I did mean the pointing it out as playful jab, which is why I put a smiley on the end of my post.

Ali

You don't make up posts, you add to them and take them out of context.  I can do that too...I can make you say Slash is better than Axl if I go to enough of your posts and take things out of context.

I didn't make anything up and "add" to a post.  Everything I quoted was in fact stated, which is why I used quotation marks.  And I'll have to respectfully disagree that a series of three quotes that seem to me to be thoughts all on the same subject (on the same page in the same thread) is taking things out of context.

I could have handled this tangent better.  I apologize for that and for any offense caused.  Now, let's move on 22

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

'not planning' to go can mean a lot of things... for example expecting an Axl hissy fit and a no-show.

tongue

I think that's a stretch. Unless Izzy is a seer in addition to being a songwriter/guitarist 14

As I much as I respect and appreciate Izzy's respectful and succinct statement, I can't help but notice a discrepancy.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

I didn't make anything up and "add" to a post.  Everything I quoted was in fact stated, which is why I used quotation marks.  And I'll have to respectfully disagree that a series of three quotes that seem to me to be thoughts all on the same subject (on the same page in the same thread) is taking things out of context.

I could have handled this tangent better.  I apologize for that and for any offense caused.  Now, let's move on 22

Ali

Did you forget that there was no "because" in the first post you were "quoting" from him?  We can go on with this all day if you want - well, at least once I get home from work.  I'm not going to let you go on this one. 

Really, it's done here, because you clearly stated he said blah blah blah because blah blah blah when he said no such thing.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

As I much as I respect and appreciate Izzy's respectful and succinct statement, I can't help but notice a discrepancy.

Ali

It's there because you want it to be there.  People (all of us) have a tendency to see what we want to see in something. 

The reality is he still didn't actually say he wasn't going.  Now if we're going to read between the lines (something frowned upon in this thread), we can probably see he's not going.  The fact remains, Izzy still hasn't said he's not going.

Ali

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

Did you forget that there was no "because" in the first post you were "quoting" from him?  We can go on with this all day if you want - well, at least once I get home from work.  I'm not going to let you go on this one. 

Really, it's done here, because you clearly stated he said blah blah blah because blah blah blah when he said no such thing.

What is there to let go?  I never put "becaus"e in quotation marks.  Hence, I was not saying he said that.  Those were my words, more precisely, my interpretation of his words.  If they were his words, I would've put them in quotes.  Sorry, Buzz, you're just flat out wrong, as much as it may pain you to admit it. 16

Ali

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

What is there to let go?  I never put "becaus"e in quotation marks.  Hence, I was not saying he said that.  Those were my words, more precisely, my interpretation of his words.  If they were his words, I would've put them in quotes.  Sorry, Buzz, you're just flat out wrong, as much as it may pain you to admit it. 16

Ali

No, this isn't that day.  Someday my friend, someday...

psst - that's why I said "There's no need for you to imply he said something else".  That is all for this lesson.  Good day!

(edited to get the exact quote from a few pages ago since he's back to being mr technicality again)

Ali

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

It's there because you want it to be there.  People (all of us) have a tendency to see what we want to see in something. 

The reality is he still didn't actually say he wasn't going.  Now if we're going to read between the lines (something frowned upon in this thread), we can probably see he's not going.  The fact remains, Izzy still hasn't said he's not going.

He said he was waiting to see what happens.  By that, I took that to mean making a decision.  Matt said Izzy had spoken to Slash and at that point had decided already to not go:  "Slash's answer to me was that he spoke to [guitarist] Izzy [Stradlin] and Izzy wasn't planning on coming.  (Matt Sorum).  Did he decide then or now?  Hence what I see as a discrepancy.You're right, he did not say he wasn't going.  But, my interpretation is that he is saying he was waiting to decide what to do based on "what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF".  If you disagree with that interpretation 19

Ali

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I will also point out that I'm well aware you start picking at these technicalities to avoid admitting that you are wrong.  If we're in the mood to discuss ironic things today, you can add that to the list.  15

Board footer