You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm all for that. We got to plan this shit.

I'm sure we can even use a chatroom here or somewhere else playing the albums and maybe tributes from gnrevo members.

what a about a group chat on skype

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

What time is the event on?

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
Ali wrote:
gibbo wrote:
Ali wrote:

The hate you describe on FB is nothing new at all. There was even a post on FB before from GN'R about it. This is not new.

Ali

Thats nothing compaired to now

gibbo

Disagreed completely.

Ali

Well have a look on the facbook
most thing they get a couple hundred comment last update 3640 comment and 95% are bad real bad and not one liners paragrahs 19

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

What time is the event on?

its 10.50 pm in cleveland now mate so it must be tomorrow night

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

Fortunately for me it is.  Thanks for being the subject of a story where someone pointed out that quoting someone's words is telling them what they thought.  16

Ali

Thanks for changing what he said into what you think he thought.  Hilarious.  Ali the mindreader.  I liked you better when you were a girl.

Thanks for doing it again. Never claimed to be a mind reader. But, yes, I will say that if a sentence is written, it probably was thought just before it was written. That's a limb I'm going out on, I know.

Ali

Probably.  It probably meant what he wrote, not what you translated what he wrote into.

I'll be up in the morning if you want to keep going.  I'm not sure why you'd want to, but most people would have just admitted they were wrong hours ago.  I do admire your persistence.  You certainly have the skills required to be an Axl fan...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Sorry if ths has already been posted, I have lost track of what's in this thread:

Axl told Roger Friedman in January he wouldnt attend the HOF

Axl Rose, the leader and founder of Guns n Roses, told me in January that he wouldn’t go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. I didn’t believe him. He told me he hated Slash, the famed guitarist who co founded the band with him, and refused to attend. He told me, everyone who would listen, including Steven Tyler. We were at a pre-Golden Globe party. I’d never met Axl before. He was accessible and fun. But he was obsessed with Slash, claimed that he’d interfered with Axl’s creativity and taken control of the band.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedm … induction/

Sky Dog wrote:

the problem with you two knuckleheads is Axl and Smokin' have no real idea what they meant either...just knee jerk neandethal reactions.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the problem with you two knuckleheads is Axl and Smokin' have no real idea what they meant either...just knee jerk neandethal reactions.

I know - I said that a few pages ago too.  Just an emotional reaction.  Ali glossed over it (lol, what else is new).

I just want the guy to man up and admit he was wrong.  We all know it, but he keeps insisting on dragging it on and on.  Once he does that, the world will be a better place.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm all for that. We got to plan this shit.

I'm sure we can even use a chatroom here or somewhere else playing the albums and maybe tributes from gnrevo members.

what a about a group chat on skype

I think I have skype on my phone...I could probably add it to the computer.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think he's one of the best songwriters of all time, but that doesn't mean he should be running a multinational brand like GNR. Frankly he doesn't have the business education, or the stability of emotion to do so. I'd like to see him forget about the law suits and the running of the company and go back to being what he really is - an amazing artist.  And that could happen with whoever he works with - as soon as he accepts he shouldn't be in total control of every decision.

So it comes down to this, sure I respect Axl's integrity and strength of character, but I think for a lot of people it comes down to the fact that it's been obvious for decades that he's in the WRONG when it comes to the idea that GNR was ever only about him or that he should be the one to make the business decisions.

Great post.  Yeah, his biggest problems from the original breakup are that he doesn't have anyone to deal with the business side of things.  Most of his managers either have zero experience in dealing with the business side of things or are just plain yes men.  The one guy who knew what he was doing managed to get Axl to release an album.  I'm not asking for Azoff to come back but I'm just pointing it out.  A real manager would have just got up in his face in the late 1990s-early 2000s and told him to stop wasting money on booking studio time if he wasn't going to show up and record.

On the recording side of things, I think he needs someone to motivate him to work on a daily or weekly basis.  I don't know whether or not it's a musician or an assistant who just needs to tell him this--get your ass in the studio and record something.

gibbo wrote:

Well have a look on the facbook
most thing they get a couple hundred comment last update 3640 comment and 95% are bad real bad and not one liners paragrahs 19

Yup, I saw that yesterday and it was like 2,600 comments or so.  Most of those people aren't happy at all.  It sounds like half (probably more) are casual fans.

Board footer