You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl had a chance to be there. He had a chance to perform. He refused both, and even the award. Now some other people who created AFD and the UYIs will likely play with some fill-ins. Booohoooooo. I totally support that those who have the balls and the respect for the fans and for their _own_ past to be there, play some songs. If Slash and Duff would be AWOL for whatever hack reasons, I'd FULLY SUPPORT the idea of Axl's new band playing. Now Slash N' Co will play, possibly. I hope they will. That'd be more rock and roll then not playing or sitting in a truck in Indiana, or watching baseball in Malibu.

I don't really blame Axl for not playing either.  It is what it is.  He could have/should have handled it better.  I don't blame Slash and Duff if this how they decide to handle it.  They all get to do as close to what they want to do as possible.

I don't get the Izzy thing though, and now highly doubt there could ever be a true reunion tour even if Axl and Slash somehow patch everything up.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

. If Slash and Duff would be AWOL for whatever hack reasons, I'd FULLY SUPPORT the idea of Axl's new band playing.

I get the odd feeling that you say that just because the ball (to use an Axl expression) is on your court now so to speak.

And for the record I wouldn't support Axl's band to play anything at the Hall of Fame, as the award is meant for the AFD/Illusion band, and no one else.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

. If Slash and Duff would be AWOL for whatever hack reasons, I'd FULLY SUPPORT the idea of Axl's new band playing.

I get the odd feeling that you say that just because the ball (to use an Axl expression) is on your court now so to speak.

And for the record I wouldn't support Axl's band to play anything at the Hall of Fame, as the award is meant for the AFD/Illusion band, and no one else.

It is.  They are the only ones getting the award too (except maybe Axl at his request). Playing isn't getting an award.  VR didn't get an award when they played for VH. They wouldn't be the first partial band to ever play an event.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

It is.  They are the only ones getting the award too (except maybe Axl at his request). Playing isn't getting an award.  VR didn't get an award when they played for VH. They wouldn't be the first partial band to ever play an event.

VR and VH is not the same band. GNR / NEW GNR / VR is group/band dynamics melted into each other in three different bands, and ergo it gets awkward.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl had a chance to be there. He had a chance to perform. He refused both, and even the award. Now some other people who created AFD and the UYIs will likely play with some fill-ins. Booohoooooo. I totally support that those who have the balls and the respect for the fans and for their _own_ past to be there, play some songs. If Slash and Duff would be AWOL for whatever hack reasons, I'd FULLY SUPPORT the idea of Axl's new band playing. Now Slash N' Co will play, possibly. I hope they will. That'd be more rock and roll then not playing or sitting in a truck in Indiana, or watching baseball in Malibu.

I don't really blame Axl for not playing either.  It is what it is.  He could have/should have handled it better.  I don't blame Slash and Duff if this how they decide to handle it.  They all get to do as close to what they want to do as possible.

I don't get the Izzy thing though, and now highly doubt there could ever be a true reunion tour even if Axl and Slash somehow patch everything up.

Agree. I don't blame Axl. He is what he is, whatever sad is that. I think Izzy could have gone (could go?), but for whatever reason he's likely to stay home. Maybe he is what he is, too, and too old to be different, even for this night.

I also agree on the reunion chances - I wrote it off years ago because of Axl, but as it seems, Izzy would be another roadblock of a true reunion. I had that dream (well, smaller than JFK...) of them standing next to each other, accepting the award, acting civic for 5 minutes, then that's it, the final chapter is over, they go serarate ways. Forever. Well, the latter will happen tongue

But I find it ridiculous that some people now finally found a ground to side with Axl after the amount of bullshit was unbearable even for a lot of his hc fans in the past few days. This ground is that the others may DARE to perform without King Hysteria. What's the big deal? They won't call themselves Guns N' Roses. In fact, with a performance, they risk a lot, cause Myles is not Axl, for sure. Nobody is, except himself. So they can lose as much as they can win. So it's a ballsy move.

I don't know when they gotta know that Axl won't go. My guess is that after his letter. So in this case they had 3 days to find a singer, cause Izzy won't go either. For political reasons I would have chosen somebody else than Myles. But for artistic reasons he was the best choice. He knows the songs, he's been performing them for almost 2 years and he can sing very well. He's a trained professional and hits all the notes. Maybe doesn't have a rasp, doesn't have a strong stage persona, doesn't have the anger, maybe his voice is getting thinner in the higher register, but sings those songs properly. Prolific. Better than asking Kid Rock to sing PC, atlhough that wouldn't be a shock either.
I still hope though that there will be a song, maybe It's So Easy with only Duff, Slash and Steven (and possibly Gilby). That'd show the others that performing at an award show for 15 minutes isn't 'rocket surgery'. It's really so easy. If you have balls.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

If Slash and Duff would be AWOL for whatever hack reasons, I'd FULLY SUPPORT the idea of Axl's new band playing.

Not at all. I really hate hysterical men, and when it comes to art, I support action over no-action. That's it. Although I don't debate that there was a little to no chance for Slash not showing up from the beginning. If Axl was there and he wouldn't wanna perform, I'm sure that Slash N' Duff wouldn't get Myles to sing. If they did at all, anyway.

DCK wrote:

Like Buzz has pointed out, some get the award and some play. Best scenario is if they are the same people. Axl and Izzy nixed the best scenario this time. You wanted the best, but they didn't fuckin' make it. So here is what you get... Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby and Myles Kennedy!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

VR and VH is not the same band. GNR / NEW GNR / VR is group/band dynamics melted into each other in three different bands, and ergo it gets awkward.

I should have broken that up better.  They were two different statements. 

They wouldn't be the first partial band to ever play an event.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Agree. I don't blame Axl. He is what he is, whatever sad is that. I think Izzy could have gone (could go?), but for whatever reason he's likely to stay home. Maybe he is what he is, too, and too old to be different, even for this night.

I also agree on the reunion chances - I wrote it off years ago because of Axl, but as it seems, Izzy would be another roadblock of a true reunion. I had that dream (well, smaller than JFK...) of them standing next to each other, accepting the award, acting civic for 5 minutes, then that's it, the final chapter is over, they go serarate ways. Forever. Well, the latter will happen tongue

But I find it ridiculous that some people now finally found a ground to side with Axl after the amount of bullshit was unbearable even for a lot of his hc fans in the past few days. This ground is that the others may DARE to perform without King Hysteria. What's the big deal? They won't call themselves Guns N' Roses. In fact, with a performance, they risk a lot, cause Myles is not Axl, for sure. Nobody is, except himself. So they can lose as much as they can win. So it's a ballsy move.

I don't know when they gotta know that Axl won't go. My guess is that after his letter. So in this case they had 3 days to find a singer, cause Izzy won't go either. For political reasons I would have chosen somebody else than Myles. But for artistic reasons he was the best choice. He knows the songs, he's been performing them for almost 2 years and he can sing very well. He's a trained professional and hits all the notes. Maybe doesn't have a rasp, doesn't have a strong stage persona, doesn't have the anger, maybe his voice is getting thinner in the higher register, but sings those songs properly. Prolific. Better than asking Kid Rock to sing PC, atlhough that wouldn't be a shock either.
I still hope though that there will be a song, maybe It's So Easy with only Duff, Slash and Steven (and possibly Gilby). That'd show the others that performing at an award show for 15 minutes isn't 'rocket surgery'. It's really so easy. If you have balls.

Myles singing tonight sounds like Slash is using this as a business op.

Personally, I'd rather hear Kid Rock b/c I know that he has played with both sides of this equation and, thus, is a neutral party and not a walking, cacophonous advert for Slash's solo album. Plus Myles is a terrible, terrible singer. His voice has the cheese of Rod Jackson, a sound that is now fossilized goo turning to oil under the earth's surface.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

If Myles is performing it's a total disaster and I will at once jump RIGHT onto Axl's side and agree with him. I'm telling you.

Stay the fuck away Myles, you got less to do there than Josh Freese.

Axl did this to himself.  It didn't have to be this way.

I don't think he did.

Slash and Adler could have kept their mouths shut.

Slash and Duff could have kept their lawyers in check.

Board footer