You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

misterID wrote:

I won't begrudge them for playing with Myles. It's their night. The Gilby thing makes it even more lame, but again, it's their history, their night, they should celebrate however they want.

I never got why people hated the HOF until now. It's a big double standard that they're deciding to induct the new (current) guitarist for RHCP the same night they're telling Axl no to Tommy, etc. Yeah, I'd be pissed too, whether the masses agreed with me or not. Mostly because I know the new guys (shit they've been in the band for over a decade!), even if inducted, would not perform, accept any award on stage, and most likely wouldn't show up. Whether you don't want them acknowledged or not, you have to admit, it's a huge hypocrisy to treat one band different than the other. And they're basically shitting on the new line up (whatever your opinion of them is, it's still Axl's baby that he's toiled over). So, Axl is right. They're spitting in his face and expecting him to take the stage and say thank you for it.

This is NOT the place for a GN'R reunion, anyway.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Myles and slash can do sweet child and paridise city better then new gnr can so i dont think it will be so bad

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I'll just ask this ONCE for food of thought purposes:

Do you guys really think that THEY (Duff, Slash, Matt/Steven, Dizzy, Izzy) that were inducted and didn't reject it publically really chose Myles to sing?

He is the guy Slash wanted for VR but Duff, Matt and Dave disagreed on.

Also, Dizzy is being completely ignored, even though it would be awkward for him to play, he is being inducted and given the chance of him appearing, he would be able to play given Slash's comments?

Really, to me it's pretty clear now that Axl has been battling Slash behind the scenes for the HoF again and just let it go.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Do you guys really think that THEY (Duff, Slash, Matt/Steven, Dizzy, Izzy) that were inducted and didn't reject it publically really chose Myles to sing?

Also, Dizzy is being completely ignored, even though it would be awkward for him to play, he is being inducted and given the chance of him appearing, he would be able to play given Slash's comments?

Really, to me it's pretty clear now that Axl has been battling Slash behind the scenes for the HoF again and just let it go.

matt wanted myles in velvet before slash

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I thought Matt wanted Myles and Slash said no.. So hard to keep up with the as the world turns that surrounds all of these guys anymore...

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

This would be a last min thing to do something for the fans rather then sit home and play with betas ( . ) ( . ) by the sounds of that blog duff did the other day he really want to play and we know steven,matt and 21 do and gilby would be keen so there we have it

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

On Apr 14, 2012 11:51 AM, "Jeff Boerio" <boerio@gmail.com> wrote:
Further reports suggest Duff, Slash, Steven, Gilby and Matt are all involved.  Rumors of Izzy, too.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

I won't begrudge them for playing with Myles. It's their night. The Gilby thing makes it even more lame, but again, it's their history, their night, they should celebrate however they want.

I never got why people hated the HOF until now. It's a big double standard that they're deciding to induct the new (current) guitarist for RHCP the same night they're telling Axl no to Tommy, etc.

Good points. Maybe this is happened this way for technical reasons: Metallica and RHCP didn't have too many members, even less alive, while GN'R would have looked like a gypsy caravan with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Dizzy, Gilby, Paul Tobias, Josh Freese, Brain, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba, Chris Pitman (sorry if I left out anyone), and to be correct, even Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner and Teddy ZigZag could have been in, if all the other guys without any writing credit, and Dave Navarro and Gary Sunshie played on OMG, so they could have also get their card...
Had GN'R have less member changes, the current guys would have been there, for sure. It's not against Axl, just the Hall isn't big enough to have all the past and present GN'R members there. wink

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

They. Will. Fuckin'. Play!!!!!!!!

Perla has just posted a picture @ Facebook

149447_10150710758659425_108537469424_9477524_465465103_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slash-Per … 8537469424

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The HALL didn't induct Dave Mustaine with Metallica, or the original bass player.

From what I always assumed, they inducted founding members, important past members and the current band, like they did with Fleetwood Mac... But they do this when they want... And they select who they deem important.

Board footer