You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

This way it seems it is just to promote Slash with Myles Kennedy.:peace:

Lets just drop these comments immediately.  Axl could have been there.  Maybe he should have been there.  He decided not to.  I promise Duff, Matt, and Gilby aren't signing up for something to promote Slash.  THEY wanted to play together and THIS is the best optiion THEY came up with.  End of story.  Stop trying to make it something it isn't.

You really don't think Slash shove Myles down their throat? ok...

I think Gilby/Izzy and Duff could share duties singing pretty well but if YOU SAY that it doesn't have anything to do with promoting Slash with Myles Kennedy, then ok. You should know better, right?

Slash2012%20album.jpg

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm glad they are going to perform.  A little bummed that Axl isn't going to be there, a little more bummed that Myles is singing, but given the options on short notice, it's probably the best we could hope for.

I disagree. Call up that guy who used to sing for the tribute band UK Guns N' Roses. Frankly he sings the songs better than Axl at this point. Sounds pretty much just like Axl in his prime. Myles' whiney voice is annoying as hell.

Even if they wanted him to, I doubt he was coming over in less than 3 days.  Frankly, if you can tolorate Axl's live voice, I'm not sure why you can't stand Myles' voice.

I don't tolerate Axl's live voice, not the current one anyway. I thought he was tolerable in 2006 and 2010, but other than that it's been a fucking trainwreck for him vocally over the last 10 years.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

That's exactly why i'm leaving the board untill those that are butthurt by Axl not showing to the HoF ceremony stop their revenge against the ones who doesn't see it as badly.

Really, Guns N' Roses today and so on to the future is what Axl wants it to be. Accept it or leave it. I mean, it's been this way for the past 18 years? If you don't accept it don't direct your anger to those who do (or embrace or enjoy or not).

This may be the worst post in the history of this board.  First of all, the people coming off as butthurt right now are the ones mad that they are playing.

Secondly, This is celebrating what GnR was, not what GnR is.  It doesn't really matter what Axl wants in regards to this...the HoF made that crystal clear. 

If this is an example of your contribution, then I say good riddence to you.  We're better off without you.  Most of us have coexisted long before you came along and long before this site even existed.  yes, we argue with each other from time to time, but it's very rare for long time members to go after each other.  There's a reason for that.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I disagree. Call up that guy who used to sing for the tribute band UK Guns N' Roses. Frankly he sings the songs better than Axl at this point. Sounds pretty much just like Axl in his prime. Myles' whiney voice is annoying as hell.

Even if they wanted him to, I doubt he was coming over in less than 3 days.  Frankly, if you can tolorate Axl's live voice, I'm not sure why you can't stand Myles' voice.

I don't tolerate Axl's live voice, not the current one anyway. I thought he was tolerable in 2006 and 2010, but other than that it's been a fucking trainwreck for him vocally over the last 10 years.

I understand.  I meant you as in YOU in general, not you specifically.  Sorry.  Some of the people praising Axl's current voice say Myles sucks...kinda makes me chuckle a little.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Lets just drop these comments immediately.  Axl could have been there.  Maybe he should have been there.  He decided not to.  I promise Duff, Matt, and Gilby aren't signing up for something to promote Slash.  THEY wanted to play together and THIS is the best optiion THEY came up with.  End of story.  Stop trying to make it something it isn't.

I think Gilby/Izzy and Duff could share duties singing pretty well but if YOU SAY that it doesn't have anything to do with promoting Slash with Myles Kennedy, then ok. You should know better, right?

http://www.licklibrary.com/Images/Resou … 0album.jpg

Anyway who said myles is singing its just rumours we havent seen any pictures it mite be duff and gilby singing who knows

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I understand.  I meant you as in YOU in general, not you specifically.  Sorry.  Some of the people praising Axl's current voice say Myles sucks...kinda makes me chuckle a little.

ha, yeah. They both suck, although the bigger offender to me personally is Myles. Brownstone is my favorite GN'R song and he fucking ruins it. As bad as Axl is today, he can still sing the lower note songs fairly well (Brownstone, ISE, etc.).

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

You're the one promoting it. 

There's no way in hell Duff, Izzy, or Gilby can sing any of the higher GnR tunes better than Myles, and I don't even like Myles.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

That's exactly why i'm leaving the board untill those that are butthurt by Axl not showing to the HoF ceremony stop their revenge against the ones who doesn't see it as badly.

Really, Guns N' Roses today and so on to the future is what Axl wants it to be. Accept it or leave it. I mean, it's been this way for the past 18 years? If you don't accept it don't direct your anger to those who do (or embrace or enjoy or not).

This may be the worst post in the history of this board.  First of all, the people coming off as butthurt right now are the ones mad that they are playing.

Secondly, This is celebrating what GnR was, not what GnR is.  It doesn't really matter what Axl wants in regards to this...the HoF made that crystal clear. 

If this is an example of your contribution, then I say good riddence to you.  We're better off without you.  Most of us have coexisted long before you came along and long before this site even existed.  yes, we argue with each other from time to time, but it's very rare for long time members to go after each other.  There's a reason for that.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're the one promoting it. 

There's no way in hell Duff, Izzy, or Gilby can sing any of the higher GnR tunes better than Myles, and I don't even like Myles.

Steven adler would sound alright on lead vocals singing Sweet child 9

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

ha, yeah. They both suck, although the bigger offender to me personally is Myles. Brownstone is my favorite GN'R song and he fucking ruins it. As bad as Axl is today, he can still sing the lower note songs fairly well (Brownstone, ISE, etc.).

Agreed, plus I'll cut Axl some extra slack since he did write and record the songs...and he's a geezer.

It's a shame because Slash is playing so well right now and I can't stand to listen to a lot of it.  17

Board footer