You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

buzzsaw wrote:
vicariousexistence wrote:

Izzy's Army ‏ @IzzysArmy

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

yes, Izzy is here. #RnFnR

I hope that's accurate...  3

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

That's exactly why i'm leaving the board untill those that are butthurt by Axl not showing to the HoF ceremony stop their revenge against the ones who doesn't see it as badly.

Really, Guns N' Roses today and so on to the future is what Axl wants it to be. Accept it or leave it. I mean, it's been this way for the past 18 years? If you don't accept it don't direct your anger to those who do (or embrace or enjoy or not).

I'm not butthurt at all, just because Axl is not showing up. He is what he is, and I know it.

In this case the Axl fans are butthurt, cause he's not going, but the others DARE to play without him. I can accept that some here don't like Myles, but acting like he'd be the worst singer ever is a lie, or Axlist Fundamentalism, or whatever Intercourse calls it. Saying that the guys who replaced Slash N' Co are as good or better falls into the same cathegory. Ridiculous.

I feel honoured as a fan that most members of my all time favourite band attends the ceremony and play. Does the HoF means much to me? Not really. But it's still one of the greatest lifetime awards in rock and roll, only the Grammy means more. As I see it, it means a lot to these guys and I'm proud of them that they don't show their back to their past, but acknowledge it and do a show for the fans. I would have been happier if the original five shows up, and doesn't even play a song, just say thank you to each other and the fans. Unfortunately, that won't happen. I won't lose sleep over it.
But I am very happy that some of my (music) idols take their precious time, get together, rehearse and give something to each other and the fans. It's really telling. I feel ashamed that at the same time some people here are attacking them for it, or simply say a 'no, thanks, that's not interesting'. I'm very thankful.

I really want to let this go and let you guys enjoy this, but crap like this is hilarious to me.

"The others DARE to play"?? Dude. Seriously? They're not doing *anything* daring.

I bursted out with laughter too when I read that sentence. 14

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I really want to let this go and let you guys enjoy this, but crap like this is hilarious to me.

"The others DARE to play"?? Dude. Seriously? They're not doing *anything* daring. They're doing something that will get themselves promoted. I'm not saying there's no other reason, but that's definitely one of the reasons and there's nothing daring about it.

And while we're on the subject about Axl not showing I guess I should clarify how I feel about that. As has been made semi-famous by a bet, I was *certain* Axl was at least going to be at the ceremony. The moment I heard he wasn't I was like "Goddamnit!" but then I read his letter, understood it, agreed with it and thought "Oh well. Life goes on"

I don't know Russ..people said (including Eddie Trunk) that Axl dared to snub his nose at the HoF (or something to that effect).  That's not much of a dare either, but a lot of people said it was so rock and roll. 

I also don't think it's about promotion.  Why is it so hard to believe they just want to play together?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
vicariousexistence wrote:

Izzy's Army ‏ @IzzysArmy

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

yes, Izzy is here. #RnFnR

I hope that's accurate...  3

If Izzy is there, fuck Axl and Myles. Let Duff and Izzy sing ISE, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, and Patience to close it out.

double talkin jive, 14 years, it's so easy, attitude, so fine, dust n bones, new rose

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot DTJ. Killer Slash solo on that track too. Would be a perfect inclusion for Izzy and Slash.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Seriously, if Izzy's there I will be pissed if they let Myles sing instead. There's enough good material in the vault that Izzy and Duff can pull off together without Axl or some Axl wannabe singing the high pitched parts.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Hey axl, postcard from HOF

0896a28c99e09db134d2802fc6fba44f.jpg

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

"The others DARE to play"?? Dude. Seriously? They're not doing *anything* daring. They're doing something that will get themselves promoted. I'm not saying there's no other reason, but that's definitely one of the reasons and there's nothing daring about it.

Yes, they DARE to play, cause in your eyes and in some others' it's a vice and an insult against Axl.
It is not. It's respect. They respect their past and their fans.
Getting there would be enough promotion. In this case they risk a lot with playing without Axl, and probably with another singer the public doesn't really know.
You need to wear rose-coloured glasses to accuse them of self-promotion. I guess they'll be sell-outs is a few posts. That's the mentality that makes me sick.
They are there and they will be playing. You can boycott them for this and buy another hundred copies of CD to support Axl. You can accuse them of any Axlite nightmare bullshit. Good for you, just keep on the Jarmoish way.
I don't care. I don't care about Axl, Dizzy or whoever else not going, either.
They will make my day. Very likely. Even Izzy seems to man up and play with the others. But I hope that Gilby will get the chance to play with them, too, cause as it seems, he went to Cleveland in the minute they called him, although he doesn't even get inducted and could hold a grudge against the others for different reasons. But he's there. What a class act.

Board footer