You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Gibbo wrote:

I put it up a couple iv times it was getting streamed

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

So its only audio right?

Pretty much mate you can see 2 tvs

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Im not sure who else they could get to do vocals on a couple of songs (if that's what they intend to do) at such short notice.  If they decided not to sing themselves (i.e. Duff etc), then who else would they get?

Any other singer that they probably could get I would imagine would want more than 3 days to practice.  Also I don't think they exactly want an Axl impersonator, ie someone trying to sign it exactly the way Axl does and make it sound like him.  Myles will probably get a world of hate from hardcore Axl fans because he doesn't sound as good as Axl or sound like Axl.  Well I don't believe he tries to be Axl.

That said my preference would be if he wasn't involved with it.  My problem is I can't come up with a better solution if I was them at such short notice.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

God they ramble on

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
gibbo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

So its only audio right?

Pretty much mate you can see 2 tvs

That's lame, why not have a direct stream or even zoom in on the TV screen as a shitty alternative.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Im not sure who else they could get to do vocals on a couple of songs (if that's what they intend to do) at such short notice.  If they decided not to sing themselves (i.e. Duff etc), then who else would they get?

Any other singer that they probably could get I would imagine would want more than 3 days to practice.  Also I don't think they exactly want an Axl impersonator, ie someone trying to sign it exactly the way Axl does and make it sound like him.  Myles will probably get a world of hate from hardcore Axl fans because he doesn't sound as good as Axl or sound like Axl.  Well I don't believe he tries to be Axl.

That said my preference would be if he wasn't involved with it.  My problem is I can't come up with a better solution if I was them at such short notice.

That's where I'm at too.  I think they saw Axl's letter and just said fuck it...no more catering to the redhead.  I'd like to take credit for it since I posted that to facebook as soon as I saw the letter.  I'm sure Slash saw it and said good idea!

i didn't suggest Myles, but not many other quick options.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

That's what makes Izzy's no-show such a disappointment. If he went, they would have enough material in the GN'R vault for him and Duff to sing it themselves. 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, Double Talking Jive, It's So Easy, Patience, etc.

Plenty of good material that they could pull off without Axl or a nasally singer like Myles.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Coming into today I wasnt expecting to see or hear anything (other than some pics) from the actuall RRHOF until after the event.

But since theirs a live backstage stream with audio im happy

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Is Izzy there?

If he shows he's a champion...if he doesn't.....well......

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Is Izzy there?

If he shows he's a champion...if he doesn't.....well......

He's not there. Matt wrote peace to Axl and Izzy on Twitter earlier today.

Board footer