You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's no such thing as a "right" place or time.  The right place and time is wherever and whenever it happens.  If it had happened at the HoF, it would have been just as magical.  NOBODY would have said it sucked because they were "forced" to do it.

I don't agree with that.Lets say Axl was forced to do it and he did it... Axl would make the show suck. Period.

It has to be in the right venue, in right circumstances and the right headspace.

The Police and Page&Plant both did spontaneous live performances where they... weren't forced, but nudged into doing it, and they were terrible.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

whether you are a professional or not - if you are forced to do something your heart is not in to, whether you give it your all or purposely ambush the performance, it will be short of magical.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's no such thing as a "right" place or time.  The right place and time is wherever and whenever it happens.  If it had happened at the HoF, it would have been just as magical.  NOBODY would have said it sucked because they were "forced" to do it.

Exactly. Some people insinuate that the HOF was 'too corporate', but Axl would do the reunion for some charity show. I mean, really? The man who's been playing more fashion shows and private shows than George Michael? The man who spent more than 14 million bucks on an album? The man who demands superstar treatment for himself and his band during the tours? The man who legendarly denied to donate in the past, cause 'it's my money, I earned this'? He would be so anti-corporate and pro-charity to forget and forgive everything for 'the good reason'?

I think NOTHING points to a reunion in Axl's world, as he said 'not in this life'. So Satan should get the best managers he can (I think there are many around) to make the reunion happen in like 50 years.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, I don't think Axl can release live DVD's of the new band. Pretty sure using any AFD/UYI music has to be approved through the old guys.

Maybe in the US...we don't tend to care about him anyway, and those that do will order it from amazon.uk or whever the website is.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't agree with that.Lets say Axl was forced to do it and he did it... Axl would make the show suck. Period.

It has to be in the right venue, in right circumstances and the right headspace.

The Police and Page&Plant both did spontaneous live performances where they... weren't forced, but nudged into doing it, and they were terrible.

whether you are a professional or not - if you are forced to do something your heart is not in to, whether you give it your all or purposely ambush the performance, it will be short of magical.

Both of these are a completely different argument.  The assumption was already made that they wanted to do it (as Floyd did).  Obviously if Axl didn't want to do it, he's not even showing up much less doing a bad job.  Where it happens is irrelevent.  The fact that they were "nudged" into doing it is irrelevent. 

Shit, people were giving glowing reviews of the guys that did play...you think it would have been worse if Axl had shown up and given any kind of an effort?  As long as Axl didn't sabotage it, people would have been all over it.  We all know (at least we should by now) Axl is the weakest link live (well, except for Steven maybe), so we wouldn't be expecting note for note Axl.  We get note for note with Myles.  We want Axl's swagger and delivery of the songs...it makes up for any weakness in his actual singing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

don't know...I'm not a big fan of these letters either. Just say you're not going and leave it at that...he's a crazy fucker for sure.

At least he's attempting to explain his side of things.  I can't even begin to recall how many times people have expressed a desire for him to be more open and communicate.

His style of communication, writing and self-expression is his style and has been for quite some time.  Personally, I think it's better overall to get some communication than none at all.  How he expresses himself and what he says are for him to decide.

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He's definitely not a fan of the editting process in interviews, so I can see why he prefers writing the letters.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I like the letters.

Axl's choices are often far removed from what we want him to do. So at least it's nice to know what he's thinking.

As for a DVD, why not do a DVD of the Chinese Songs...no old band approval needed for that.

Remember when NIN's "The Slip" album came out with Robin, the deluxe  version had a "rehearsal" dvd with a live performance basically in a little room...but it was really cool to watch.

Axl could play the CD songs, either with no audience like that, or in a tiny space with a handful of competition winners or HTGTH cronies or whatever...proshoot it....release it....would be pretty cool product I think.

Board footer