You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

I understanding the editing cause the TMS interview was terribly edited and they needed more film and camera crews to get more questions and time. That was the big problem that kind of ruined it. I did enjoy some of the individual interviews with DJ, Dizzy, and Tommy. Wish the Ron interview went better too. @Monkey: yeah that would be pretty rad! They need to start taking advantage of more tech.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I like the letters.

Axl's choices are often far removed from what we want him to do. So at least it's nice to know what he's thinking.

As for a DVD, why not do a DVD of the Chinese Songs...no old band approval needed for that.

Remember when NIN's "The Slip" album came out with Robin, the deluxe  version had a "rehearsal" dvd with a live performance basically in a little room...but it was really cool to watch.

Axl could play the CD songs, either with no audience like that, or in a tiny space with a handful of competition winners or HTGTH cronies or whatever...proshoot it....release it....would be pretty cool product I think.

I've always thought Chinese would have been a good project to do what Metallica did with St. Anger.  Since a lot of those songs were cut together in editing and them bringing in Trujillo toward the end, they included a dvd where they played the album live in a rehearsal space/studio.  No audience at all, just them playing so if they needed to run through a song 10 times to get it right they could do it.

If I'm in the mood for that album (given, that's kinda rare) I throw in the dvd instead of listening to the album.  I'll bet I'd do the same thing if Axl had done that with Chinese Democracy.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

let me ask this

Slash and Duff are still in the partnership right?

So maybe same reason Slash's made in Stoke wasn't released in US with GNR songs is the same reason Axl can't release a nu GNR dvd??

Maybe Axl is trying to rebuddy up with Duff to make it 2-1 against Slash?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good point D. However, a current day GNR DVD would have a shit load of re-recorded shit and really wouldn't be live.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
slash can't hold this guys jock....prince that is.....

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I just wish we could get some stuff, something, anything! 

The stupidity of the whole thing is really frustrating, other bands get remastered albums etc etc etc.  We will not get anything from the back catalogue like the UYI tour DVD's, demos, remixes, remasters etc etc.  All because of a petty fucken feud.  I mean look at when Welcome to the Videos came out on DVD - nice effort - NOT!

But we don't even get CD era stuff either like a tour DVD etc.  I know most of that shit is just a money spinner but I don't give a fuck.  Throw us a bone or something.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

no disrespect Russ

but I do agree with Bono and  where he is coming from as it pertains to Axl fans.

Axl attends RRHOF.. people would be supportive and raving about it.

Axl doesn't.. all of a sudden HOF sucks, is meaningless... axl has SO much integrity blahb lah blah whereas had he went.... no one would've said HOF sucks and Axl all of a sudden sold out or has no integrity etc.

Axl DIDNT go because of some integrity filled stance against the establishment. He stayed home cause he didn't get his way.

BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE than Sex Pistols etc.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
slash can't hold this guys jock....prince that is.....

Fucking amazing stuff from prince, I knew that midget could play, but damn.....that was good.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

no disrespect Russ

but I do agree with Bono and  where he is coming from as it pertains to Axl fans.

Axl attends RRHOF.. people would be supportive and raving about it.

Axl doesn't.. all of a sudden HOF sucks, is meaningless... axl has SO much integrity blahb lah blah whereas had he went.... no one would've said HOF sucks and Axl all of a sudden sold out or has no integrity etc.

Not really.  It's a valid opinion to think the Hall of Fame sucks!  It's well documented, people were saying this long before Axl penned his letter.  I agree that overall, it is a bit of a joke.  But being there firsthand and seeing the ceremony, I can truly say that they put on a great show for the fans.  So in that sense, I approve.  Who's in, who's not in, how people get in, when they get in?  Those are all pertinent questions that no one seems to be able to answer, and that wouldn't have changed if Axl showed up last Saturday.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was saying I didn't like the HOF way before the letter; that it was meaningless, etc. IMO.

And the jumping on Russ is bullshit. Old.

Board footer