You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

struck
 Rep: 0 

struck wrote:

The HALL OF FAME is strange, in the sense FANS don't get to vote for who should b put in. I believe if fans did the actual voting maybe just maybe AXL may have shown up. Him not being there because people wanted a reunion with the original line up I believe there was more to it than that.

I could b wrong but I think axl just like so many don't understand the HALL and what qualifies for u to b put in.

Honestly GNR is 1 of my favorite bands, but there is so many artist that should have went in b4 GNR. RUSH and KISS just to name2.

However sometimes I think axl rebels as well just to get a reaction out of people.

Just my opinion on it.

But 2 tell u the truth at first I was hoping he was going to show up like so many others. But he didn't show up  Life goes on and he helped create some great music that will last forever. But I don't need any one including the hall of fame to tell me what a legecy GNR has had

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Rush and Kiss do deserve it, but in my opinion, GNR rocks much harder than Rush and GnR is a much better band than kiss, so much more talented.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm willing to bet if you asked Axl out of the blue how the MTV Awards, World Music Awards, AMA's and every other award they have accepted are decided he couldn't tell you exactly. So why the issue with this one?

I hazard a guess that should the HOF have also invited along his current lineup too he suddenly wouldn't of had nearly as much concern with who and how the decision was made.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'm willing to bet if you asked Axl out of the blue how the MTV Awards, World Music Awards, AMA's and every other award they have accepted are decided he couldn't tell you exactly. So why the issue with this one?

I hazard a guess that should the HOF have also invited along his current lineup too he suddenly wouldn't of had nearly as much concern with who and how the decision was made.

IMHO AXL  likely talked to the HOF  a bit. I feel they could not come to an agreement on Pay, whom to induct, whom to let play on stage and long term rights to use the GNR/AXL name ect ect ect... 

In other news Slash and Axl  have a date! 14

Slash
Meeting an old friend for dinner tonight. IiiI; )'
Like · · Share

struck

struck wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Rush and Kiss do deserve it, but in my opinion, GNR rocks much harder than Rush and GnR is a much better band than kiss, so much more talented.

I agree GNR is more talented and they rock harder. I was just useing those artist as examples of the HALL OF FAME. Maybe I chose bad examples LOL.

struck

struck wrote:
Aussie wrote:

True, I didn't think of it that way.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Does anyone know when this goes too air i heard the 5 may

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

May 5th, HBO

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:

But Axl said he wasn't going specifically because of how he was treated by the HOF, among other factors. He admitted he was going to go at one point...

He never said he wasn't going specifically because he was standing up against the HOF for what they represent, or whatever.

Board footer