You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

monkeychow wrote:

The hall did publicly refer to him as Bill Bailey...I was expecting trouble from that moment on....

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

May 5th, HBO

Wasn't there some talk about licensing issues about showing the performance on TV?
Think it was Eddie Trunk who mentioned it around the time of the actual ceremony.

Without Axl signing off on it, no show on TV for us...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'm willing to bet if you asked Axl out of the blue how the MTV Awards, World Music Awards, AMA's and every other award they have accepted are decided he couldn't tell you exactly. So why the issue with this one?

I hazard a guess that should the HOF have also invited along his current lineup too he suddenly wouldn't of had nearly as much concern with who and how the decision was made.

But Axl said he wasn't going specifically because of how he was treated by the HOF, among other factors. He admitted he was going to go at one point...

He never said he wasn't going specifically because he was standing up against the HOF for what they represent, or whatever.

Show me where in this post I said Axl wasn't going because of standing up against the HOF or what they represent?

My post was referring to Axl comments like this:

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

My post questions why he specifically addressed not understanding the mechanics of this award when he has never given a fuck enough about others to mention them and wanting to know how they operate. I suggested its because he didn't like who they were and weren't inducting.

struck
 Rep: 0 

struck wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

May 5th, HBO

Wasn't there some talk about licensing issues about showing the performance on TV?
Think it was Eddie Trunk who mentioned it around the time of the actual ceremony.

Yes they didn't show the performances cause HBO has the rights. Its supposed to air may 5th I believe on HBO.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

jamester wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'm willing to bet if you asked Axl out of the blue how the MTV Awards, World Music Awards, AMA's and every other award they have accepted are decided he couldn't tell you exactly. So why the issue with this one?

I hazard a guess that should the HOF have also invited along his current lineup too he suddenly wouldn't of had nearly as much concern with who and how the decision was made.

IMHO AXL  likely talked to the HOF  a bit. I feel they could not come to an agreement on Pay, whom to induct, whom to let play on stage and long term rights to use the GNR/AXL name ect ect ect... 

In other news Slash and Axl  have a date! 14

Slash
Meeting an old friend for dinner tonight. IiiI; )'
Like · · Share

It would be genuinely hilarious if Axl and Slash met up, settled their differences and decided to put on an AFD reunion show at a random location. Like, a small bar somewhere. Without announcing anything beforehand. That would be the ultimate "Fuck you" to the R&RHoF, and to all of the record industry suits who've been trying to force a reunion to get a giant pay cheque. And, possibly, the most rock n' roll thing ever done.

Not that it'll ever happen.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:

no disrespect Russ

but I do agree with Bono and  where he is coming from as it pertains to Axl fans.

Axl attends RRHOF.. people would be supportive and raving about it.

Axl doesn't.. all of a sudden HOF sucks, is meaningless... axl has SO much integrity blahb lah blah whereas had he went.... no one would've said HOF sucks and Axl all of a sudden sold out or has no integrity etc.

Axl DIDNT go because of some integrity filled stance against the establishment. He stayed home cause he didn't get his way.

BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE than Sex Pistols etc.

I can't speak for "Axl fans" because I'm a Guns N' Roses fan and none of that is what I'm saying.

I'm saying that Axl didn't do it because it wasn't the right place or the right time and that he wouldn't do it until it was.

My opinion on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has been well documented before Axl said his peace on it.

That wasnt directed solely towards u, just axl fans in general.

ID: i dont "jump" on anyone, just friendly debating.

Sky Dog wrote:

what a shit tired discussion......

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
struck wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

May 5th, HBO

Yes they didn't show the performances cause HBO has the rights. Its supposed to air may 5th I believe on HBO.

I don't see how Axl has any say here....  It wasn't "guns n roses", they are free to air what they like.....  Anybody can perform any song, just like when VR played van halen. They aren't making money off the GNR image, just the hall of fame.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer