You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Lomax wrote:

Gaggle of bitches

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So i'm in no rush to paint him as some villain - but I think it's about time we accept the truth of situation, a truth that he himself directly expresses over and over again in interviews - that he DOES NOT want to play with Slash and that a reunion WILL NOT happen because AXL does not want it to.

To hell with the pressure - he's not caving in!

Kinda funny, I was just thinking about that quote from "Sorry" the other day.

On one of the last UCP-shows, don't remember which one, Axl was hitting his chest/heart very clearly while singing the line "To hell with the pressure, I'm not caving in!"

Right then and there I thought: "Yeah, we can def forget about Axl performing at the HOF".

There's to much too loose. Sure, some fans that really want a reunion for the HOF can say: "C'mon, it's no big deal. It's just ONE night and it's for the fans!"

Well, sure we CAN look at it that way. But we all know what the headlines in the musicpress will be like. After years and years of letting the world get used to the fact that GNR is Axl & Co. He will be back at square one!

A great one off performance at the HOF will be remembered for years and years. Making it a harder road for the new lineup.

A no-show will be forgotten within days!
That's my logic. And it wouldn't surprise me if the Malibu-camp thinks the same way.

Some of you will say: "No it won't. Axl will forever be remembered as the biggest pussy in the biz and a fucking selfish douch!"
Sure, some of YOU will hold a grudge and remember for years, not the avarege Joe!

Axl playing with Slash = headline news all over the world.
Axl not showing his face with Slash = no news.

And that's a fact! And it scares some fans. As can be seen in this thread.

I can understand that oldschool reunion fans really want this to happen. Because if THIS can't happen, they really have to face the fact that he's REALLY not caving in!

Sky Dog wrote:

The other four should just rehearse and play without him. Maybe Axl will get drunk and say what the hell.....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I tend to agree with Naltav.....Axl no showing or refusing to perform doesn't really paint him as more of a dick than most people already assume him to be. Let's face it - the press is pretty much expecting him to be an ass about it - the shock would actually come if they DID make up and all be friendly.

But if he did cave in at this stage - he really would just be inviting endless reunion speculation that's probably not welcome.

Must say if i was the remaining band I'd be tempted to do a performance without him. And don't even get another singer. Just do like fucking jungle and  civil war or something as entire instrumentals. It would make the point so much better - cos if they get myles it will turn into a "who can sing better - Axl in 88, Myles in 12 or Axl in 12 debte..." - but a pure instrumental version would just be the whole world going "damn where's that singer, what a dick". That's what i'd do to be evil.

But I assume they wont do anything to make Axl look bad, cos everyone's keeping the "one day he'll forgive us and we'll do a massive tour" card in the back pocket.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep...and that is a mighty big card to have...for all of them.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I suspect we're just going to get Slash breaking out the Godfather solo and then A7X will rattle through It's So Easy or something.

Which is such a fucking waste.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

For some of you, mrID, DCK and some others, it's a battle for Axl. Good for you

Bwaahahahahahah!!!!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Riad wrote:

Gaggle of bitches

Three times you've posted this now and no one took the bait. Please stop it.

Three times I've logged into a warzone on here. The place is going over the top with the personal attacks.

On topic, I doubt they'll play. Axl isn't gonna play. I think Slash is saying he wants to because he knows Axl won't and he can squeeze some good press out of it but maybe he's not THAT vindictive

Board footer