You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

war wrote:

lol

my point remains

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

TBH I think the sales type of penis measuring is the kind of thing us fans would do but they wouldn't care.

Both Axl and Slash have sold more records than most other bands (especially these days) ever do, they've both been famous to the point of being able to have almost any girl in the world etc, they've both been significantly recgonised as leaders in their field and amongst the greatest of all time. When you do that at 27 or whatever - who gives a fuck what happens after?

I think it mostly comes down to the personality differences. With a small helping of the fact that Slash has a ton of AFD style riffage that Axl doesn't have lyrics for, and that Axl has a ton of UYI style ballads that Slash doesn't want to endlessly play emotive slow solos over. Both Axl and Slash seem to write the same songs over and over...and I love them - but if they can't otherwise communicate...maybe they're out of inspiration together.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

There's also the fact that Axl overlaid Huge's solo on top of Slash's work for Sympathy. And he's continued to do the same sort of thing - chopping and changing solos and assembling them from different takes - to everyone from Bumblefoot to Brian May. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the TWAT and TIL solos were assembled from different takes.

I think that grates with Slash on a pretty basic level. Both because he's an organic, blues-improv-based guitarist, and because he probably feels it shows massive disrespect for his work. I mean, that approach annoyed Brian May, and he's the Nicest Man In Rock.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Don't create more than what it is. Just wait for whatever to happen. Just chill the fuck out of it. The band may create drama, whatever band there is, but that doesn't mean we have to fuel the drama, and that's exactly what we're doing. Just little toy soldiers adding to this stupid drama bullshit.

I'm not joining in to play my part as a toy soldier in a war that is not mine.

No way.

johndivney wrote:

lol @ ^

re: otto's point re: '87 CBGB's interview - the personality clash between axl/slash existed even before then. it's existed even before the AFD-lneup was cemented.
hadn't they tried to be in a band once and didn't gel? or izzy & axl had tried slash in their band but didn't click??? or is my memory playing tricks?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I know that Axl and Izzy rejected Slash on both Rose and AXL several times, but once Traci and Rob were out and they had a tour booked (and paid for), when Slash appeared with Adler, it was all they needed...

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z1qteDggGP

Slash, "Axl Rose hates my guts".....ridiculous on all fronts 17:flame:

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z1qteDggGP

Slash, "Axl Rose hates my guts".....ridiculous on all fronts 17:flame:

I think we all knew that.  But, what's interesting is that this writer told Duff a few weeks ago that he knew Axl was going to be there, not it's unclear whether or not he will 16  Still seems like Izzy is either a complete unknown or hasn't officially communicated his status.

Ali

*Edit:  the writer said he heard Axl was going to be there before.  14**

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Relax, wait and see.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer