You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:

Sounds like Slash may have spoken to Izzy and Izzy confirmed he won't be there.  Also sounds like that may have played a role in the decision to not to play, although it's not completely clear (thanks to FunkyMonkey from HTGH):

Since no one yet knows what is happening, VH1 Radio Network asked Matt why he can't just call singer Axl Rose and find out.

"I thought about it, but, you know, I don't think I'm the guy to do it," he said. "I asked Slash if he would do it, and Slash's answer to me was that he spoke to [guitarist] Izzy [Stradlin] and Izzy wasn't planning on coming. So I think that was like, if Izzy's not going to come and it's not all the original guys, then it doesn't make sense. I'm not sure, man. Like I said, I'm just going to go and obviously Steven's gonna be there, so I always thought, if they were going to play, they'll probably do 'Appetite' stuff and if they wanted me to play on something off 'Use Your Illusion', I would be happy to do that. If it was a perfect scenario, I would say the track list should go something like this: Go up there and play 'Welcome To The Jungle', play 'Sweet Child O' Mine', and then finish it up with 'November Rain'."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla … mID=172113

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

Why wouldn't Izzy go? For God's sake.......

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

ridiculous.  it`s a joke that noone has the balls to just call axl.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Interview with Matt in a Norwegian paper. He said they'd all be sitting at the same table together.

If everybody means everybody or if he's just assuming off some earlier knowledge remains to be seen, but it at least seems he's been told at one point that both Axl and Izzy will be present.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
WARose wrote:

You can't just call Axl. Everything goes through the housekeeper and probably other people before that as well.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
WARose wrote:

You can't just call Axl. Everything goes through the housekeeper and probably other people before that as well.

sad but true...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The Hell with them!

The one thing that matters -

IS DIZZY GOING TO SHOW UP?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
WARose wrote:

True.

It is pathetic though that none of them even attempt to reach out to him. On the flip sad it's pathetic that Axl makes them come to him. Why can't he reach out to Slash or Matt or Duff and say something.

THEY ARE ALL FUCKING PUSSIES

the "most dangerous band in the world" reduced to a bunch of fucking pussies.

Lomax wrote:

I'll do it, In fact. I have a great idea.

How about an open letter to Axl Rose? How about we draft one. Vote on the wording and the content ? Might not make it in time for the HOF but if it went Viral (which I think it would) it would at the very least be pretty cool.

Make a plea for a reunion? Make a plea for the Chinese Democracy Sessions?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

It amazes me how bitter some people are towards Slash on htgth. Jeez, just give it up.

Board footer