You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

monkeychow wrote:

Ali I see that so differently to you.

Look at what slash said. He said steven was pimping it out as a GNR reunion...then

"I said, 'You know what? I can't support it as such 'cause that's not what it is.'"

IE: What it was NOT was a gnr reunion.

And why wasn't it a GNR reunion? Because AXL was NOT there.

There's no way that decision is independent of Axl. Sure it's not at all Axl's fault - but it's blatently obvious the reason slash didn't play was because he wanted no part of attempting to be GNR without axl's involvement.

He says as much.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ali I see that so differently to you.

Look at what slash said. He said steven was pimping it out as a GNR reunion...then

"I said, 'You know what? I can't support it as such 'cause that's not what it is.'"

IE: What it was NOT was a gnr reunion.

And why wasn't it a GNR reunion? Because AXL was NOT there.

There's no way that decision is independent of Axl. Sure it's not at all Axl's fault - but it's blatently obvious the reason slash didn't play was because he wanted no part of attempting to be GNR without axl's involvement.

He says as much.

He does not say as much.  He says that the rumors started with Steven's statement but spun out of control from there.  He makes no indication at all that he knew Axl was not going to be there.  In fact, he said the rumors going on were, Axl MIGHT be there.  Your interpretation only makes sense if he knew Axl was not going to be there.  I'm sorry, but there is no indication given by Slash that he knew that.  If there was he would not have said Axl possibly being there.

Ali

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

To be honest I can't believe it's even up for debate.

Every time Slash or Duff comment on Axl in the last 5 years it's diplomatic and a moderated response designed to minimise Axl's hatred.

What would it even matter what Slash thinks when Axl's public record on the matter is:

"there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash"

Yet we have to pretend that maybe it's Slash who is blocking this gig?

Now if you want to tell me that it's Izzy who can't be assed with it...that's a story i'd believe...hell he's so traumatised from the UYI days that he  bailed on VR when they started talking about getting a lead singer...he doesn't like GNR style drama...I'd totally accept him just thinking "it's not worth the bullshit"

But the others...well it's not them calling the ex members cancers is it.

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

To be honest I can't believe it's even up for debate.

Every time Slash or Duff comment on Axl in the last 5 years it's diplomatic and a moderated response designed to minimise Axl's hatred.

What would it even matter what Slash thinks when Axl's public record on the matter is:

"there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash"

Yet we have to pretend that maybe it's Slash who is blocking this gig?

Now if you want to tell me that it's Izzy who can't be assed with it...that's a story i'd believe...hell he's so traumatised from the UYI days that he  bailed on VR when they started talking about getting a lead singer...he doesn't like GNR style drama...I'd totally accept him just thinking "it's not worth the bullshit"

But the others...well it's not them calling the ex members cancers is it.

You misunderstand my point completely.  I'm not saying that Axl wants to play with the old band.  My point is that Slash's comments with regards to the 2007 Key Club gig give no indication that he knew Axl was not coming and that's why he did not show up.  Therefore, Slash made an independent choice that would've effectively blocked a reunion happening that night regardless of Axl's stance. 

I cite that example to show that while Axl may not want to play, it may not be the only reason that a reunion would not be possible at the HOF.  Another band member may not want to play, or another band member may not even show up.  After all, there has been zero confirmation that Izzy will even be there.  Duff even said he didn't know if Izzy was going to be there.  If Izzy did not show up, then no reunion is possible regardless of Axl's preference.

Ali

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

.  In fact, he said the rumors going on were, Axl MIGHT be there.  Your interpretation only makes sense if he knew Axl was not going to be there.  I'm sorry, but there is no indication given by Slash that he knew that.  If there was he would not have said Axl possibly being there.

Ali

Yeah maybe he did think Axl was going to be there. And what happened when Axl was not there? Oh that's right...Slash refused to play the gig and left early for "personal reasons":rolleyes:.

I would bet you anything that that was because he didn't want to play with a reunited GNR minus Axl as doing so would only intensify the drama.

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

.  In fact, he said the rumors going on were, Axl MIGHT be there.  Your interpretation only makes sense if he knew Axl was not going to be there.  I'm sorry, but there is no indication given by Slash that he knew that.  If there was he would not have said Axl possibly being there.

Ali

Yeah maybe he did think Axl was going to be there. And what happened when Axl was not there? Oh that's right...Slash refused to play the gig and left early for "personal reasons":rolleyes:.

I would bet you anything that that was because he didn't want to play with a reunited GNR minus Axl as doing so would only intensify the drama.

You can bet anything you want, but there is no indication that Slash knew Axl was not going to be there.  None whatsoever. 

I don't see what is so implausible about that.  They weren't friends at the time and didn't share any management or anything like that.  Duff had not made peace with Axl then.  So, it's certainly plausible that he had no idea where Axl was and what he was going to do.

Ali

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

So Ali what do you think is the reason Slash didn't play that night with Izzy, Duff and Adler?

It would seem to me that the most likely reason is that he didn't want to be involved in what would be covered in the press as a GNR reunion without the full line up in attendance.

That could be because he thought it would anger Axl, or it could be because he wanted to save the reunion card for a huge $200m live nation tour (the one that Axl turned down)..or maybe it's some other reason.....but in any event it seems that the most likely reason for no performance at RRHOF will be that Axl has said there is "Zero" chance of him dealing with slash...pretty clear cut to me.

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So Ali what do you think is the reason Slash didn't play that night with Izzy, Duff and Adler?

It would seem to me that the most likely reason is that he didn't want to be involved in what would be covered in the press as a GNR reunion without the full line up in attendance.

That could be because he thought it would anger Axl, or it could be because he wanted to save the reunion card for a huge $200m live nation tour (the one that Axl turned down)..or maybe it's some other reason.....but in any event it seems that the most likely reason for no performance at RRHOF will be that Axl has said there is "Zero" chance of him dealing with slash...pretty clear cut to me.

Possibly because VR was still going forward with a 2nd record and didn't want to distract from that.  Possibly because he does not want to deal with Axl in a professional setting.

I have no idea.  I'm not a mind reader.  None of us are.  It's irrelevant what we think.  Without knowing anything for certain, via a direct statement from Slash himself, there is nothing clear cut about his underlying motivations.

Ali

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's plausible that VR was a factor too..as we know scott had concerns that GNR would reunite leaving him bandless at the time.

As for the RRHOF I still think the people most likely to block a performance are Axl and Izzy though. Izzy because he doesn't like drama or publicity anymore, and Axl because he's made it very clear he doesn't want to be involved with Slash.

Given it's only a 1 off show...I can maybe see Izzy getting on board...but frankly Axl doesn't seem to have any desire to work with slash ever again.

Board footer