You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

monkeychow wrote:

I don't see it as gutless, I see it just as no one has any real motivation to do it.

Axl has control of the band, which gives him safety that even if he has the type of breakdown he's famous for, he can't loose his job. On top of that he's not much interested in the type of stuff they want to make. And it's clear the friendship left if it was ever there. So what motivation does he have?

Slash has found himself a singer who inspires him, has modern sounds to keep him relevant, but chops to be able to do the classic rock slash likes. Best of all Myles works for him, Slash runs his own label, and he doesn't have to deal with drama from anyone either, no need to compromise like there has been in all his bands.

Duff's interests stretch well beyond music now. There's his writing, his business investment firm which in the long run will probably earn him more than people make in music these days. Plus he has loaded to get his musical rocks off from time to time. Why would he put himself where he has to mediate a bunch of drama.

Izzy's does not like Axl's dictatorship or the madness of extreme fame. Axl shows no sign of changing, and reunion only gets him back on the merry go round. Indeed nothing has changed since he left, it's really only got worse (except for the drug use getting cleaned up).

So it's not about being gutless. I think maybe they just don't give a fuck. It's not worth anyone's trouble to deal with the mess than dealing with Axl and his people would be.

And that's why there will not be a reunion. Because people can quit drugs. But they don't become more sane.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Fuck this band again lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

izzy_stradlin_milk_carton_live_and_let_die_video_guns_n_roses.png

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Maybe they'll show up with a "Where's Izzy" sign. 16

I am surprised, I thought he'd be the one to spearhead a performance. I guess this dispells the myth that everyone was on board, sans Axl. But I still think there's a better chance now of seeing Duff, Slash and Izzy together with Axl in the future, maybe a few songs at a GN'R gig, with this HOF thing. They have to interact with each other, at some point in some way... You'd think.

Funny.  I remember a few days ago it was suggested that there could possibly be other factors at play besides Axl's willingness to play, it was dismissed quite summarily.  Guess it wasn't quite so simple 19

Ali

Honestly what is your deal. Your posts are so lame. Nothing but spin over and over and over. You constantly talk about not assuming thinsg and then you're the master of assuptions. Such a  hypocrit. You're posts are terrible dude.  You'll say anything to be right regardless of how lame it makes you look.

IF Axl would just flat out say he's gonna do it like the other non recluse members did,  Izzy would be there. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Izzy just doesn't wanna be part fo the bullshit. BUT whatever helps ya sleep at night Ali and whatever makes you feel good about yourself. An ounce of common sense tells you it's Axl's bullshit that has fucked this all up. But live in your bubble if it suits you.

Bitchy Bono strikes again.

Saying phrases like "whatever helps you sleep at night" and "live in your bubble if it suits you" are not needed to get your point across. Whenever you disagree with someone, you feel the need to verbally abuse them left and right. I know people say some pretty worthless stuff, but act in a decent manner when responding

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Maybe they'll show up with a "Where's Izzy" sign. 16

I am surprised, I thought he'd be the one to spearhead a performance. I guess this dispells the myth that everyone was on board, sans Axl. But I still think there's a better chance now of seeing Duff, Slash and Izzy together with Axl in the future, maybe a few songs at a GN'R gig, with this HOF thing. They have to interact with each other, at some point in some way... You'd think.

Funny.  I remember a few days ago it was suggested that there could possibly be other factors at play besides Axl's willingness to play, it was dismissed quite summarily.  Guess it wasn't quite so simple 19

Ali

Honestly what is your deal. Your posts are so lame. Nothing but spin over and over and over. You constantly talk about not assuming thinsg and then you're the master of assuptions. Such a  hypocrit. You're posts are terrible dude.  You'll say anything to be right regardless of how lame it makes you look.

IF Axl would just flat out say he's gonna do it like the other non recluse members did,  Izzy would be there. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Izzy just doesn't wanna be part fo the bullshit. BUT whatever helps ya sleep at night Ali and whatever makes you feel good about yourself. An ounce of common sense tells you it's Axl's bullshit that has fucked this all up. But live in your bubble if it suits you.

Oh oh boys and girls.  Bono said my posts are lame!!!:haha:  I assumed nothing.  I stated an observation based on Steven's recent remarks and Izzy's potential no-show.  What's hilarious is that in criticizing me for being a hypocrite about making assumptions, YOU are doing that yourself by saying "IF Axl would just flat out say he's gonna do it like the other non recluse members did,  Izzy would be there. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Izzy just doesn't wanna be part fo the bullshit. "

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

I know you'll roll your eyes, Bono... 14

But I'm just not sold on Izzy being a sure thing for the HOF, even if Axl said he'd perform. Maybe they could talk him into it, but Izzy is a weird cat. He's not a sure thing for anyone or for anything. And I don't think Izzy not being there would be a hold up in a performance. IMO, it has to do with Slash and Axl, period. Of course, I could be wrong. 16

I really believed Izzy might be the catalyst for a performance.

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

^ I really hope someone does it, that would be great!

Faldor can you do this?  14

I don't know if the sign would get much exposure from my seat in the rafters.  I could yell "Where's Izzy" maybe.

Dude, the cameras would find you. You HAVE to bring a "Where's Izzy" sign. You have to. And yell i"t during their speech.

Certainly, I understand why someone would think that Axl's not wanting to perform has something to do with not wanting to work with Slash based on the comments Axl has made.

But, as far as Izzy goes, I saw some interesting comments from Marc Canter (Reckless Road author) last night on MyGNR:

"Izzy doesn't do well when it come to press related things. He is very camera shy. "  "He even let me down when I needed him to help with Reckless Road. When I told him what I was doing , he was excited but, still couldn't find a way to help me. All your going to get from Izzy is new music every 6 months for the rest of his life, which is very cool but that it."

Anyway, some insight from someone who knows him personally. 19

Ali

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

"Izzy doesn't do well when it come to press related things. He is very camera shy. "  "He even let me down when I needed him to help with Reckless Road. When I told him what I was doing , he was excited but, still couldn't find a way to help me. All your going to get from Izzy is new music every 6 months for the rest of his life, which is very cool but that it."

Ok so let's put our heads together now;

How can we pin this on Axl?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I posted pages and pages back that Izzy was the biggest question mark. Nobody listened. The dude has been a recluse for 20 years. He's suddenly going to show up on rock's biggest night. Nope. It's way more likely there's a reunion without Izzy than with him.

Carry on.

Lomax wrote:
DCK wrote:

He's ginger. Gingers have no soul.

Ergo. Axl killed izzy back in "91 in a Double Talking Jive Motherfucker heroin rage because he was jealous of his soul.
He replaced him with a clone, but not just any clone, he mixed some of his own DNA to make it a recluse clone, hoping that would explain why Izzy was suddenly 50 iq points off the quality of material he was producing UYI era.

Ergo. The sky is falling in

Ali

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

I'm sure some here can find a way to do that.  I'm confident Bono is up to the task 16

Ali

Board footer