You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's plausible that VR was a factor too..as we know scott had concerns that GNR would reunite leaving him bandless at the time.

As for the RRHOF I still think the people most likely to block a performance are Axl and Izzy though. Izzy because he doesn't like drama or publicity anymore, and Axl because he's made it very clear he doesn't want to be involved with Slash.

Given it's only a 1 off show...I can maybe see Izzy getting on board...but frankly Axl doesn't seem to have any desire to work with slash ever again.

Yes, but that is exactly my point.  Regardless of Axl's position, if Izzy does not show, or does not want to play, there CANNOT be a reunion on stage.  So, there would be multiple factors contributing to the lack of a reunion, not just Axl (though he would be a large factor).

Ali

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Whether we all like it or not "Reunion" requires Axl and Slash playing a song together in public. If that happens, they could have anyone else on stage with them and it will not matter. It will be headlined as a reunion having happened if those two play a song together.

Having said that, they won't, so there's nothing to worry about.

I know how it will be headlined, but no one with accurate knowledge of the old band's lineup could say it was a true, full reunion without Izzy's presence (for example).

Ali

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So Ali what do you think is the reason Slash didn't play that night with Izzy, Duff and Adler?

It would seem to me that the most likely reason is that he didn't want to be involved in what would be covered in the press as a GNR reunion without the full line up in attendance.

That could be because he thought it would anger Axl, or it could be because he wanted to save the reunion card for a huge $200m live nation tour (the one that Axl turned down)..or maybe it's some other reason.....but in any event it seems that the most likely reason for no performance at RRHOF will be that Axl has said there is "Zero" chance of him dealing with slash...pretty clear cut to me.

Exactly this!  Slash would have gotten up if Axl was there too I would bet my life on it.  Slash went along to support Steven but also on the off chance (however slim it was) that Axl might turn up.  If that was the case then I have no doubt in my mind he would have got up and played with them.

But because Axl didn't show he didn't play.  He is playing the diplomat and hoping not to anger Axl even further by being seen to be involved in a GNR reunion but without Axl.  He probably also wanted to save a bit of face by not looking like he was desperate for a reunion too.

Ali I think it's clear to almost everyone that Axl is the roadblock to any brief performance (like HOF or even Adler's little thing a few years ago).

Now a full blown reunion tour, album etc then that doesn't hinge on just Axl even if he said he would do it.  The others guys demands and expecations I'm sure would need to be filled too.  But to think any of the original guys other than Axl and possibly Izzy, would be the stumbling block to them getting up and jamming for a few songs in a one off scenario, you would have to be crazy.

Look at it this way, the other guys (excluding Axl and maybe Izzy) would throw their current projects under the bus in a second for any sort of original GNR performance.  Axl would be much more considered before doing this and would need much more convincing.  So again I say Axl is the roadblock to any brief original GNR performance, despite any diplomatic statements being made by the other guys.

if there was a reunion it'd have to be Axl, Slash, Duff, and that's what most people would consider a reunion. Now my idea of a reunion would be Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven, but that would limit them to just AFD and lies songs, well and Civil War, that's if they would tour, but it most likely won't happen anyway and so I just don't think about it much anymore.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Whether we all like it or not "Reunion" requires Axl and Slash playing a song together in public. If that happens, they could have anyone else on stage with them and it will not matter. It will be headlined as a reunion having happened if those two play a song together.

Axl + Slash = GNR reunion. Throw Duff in for an additional credibility boost and you're on.

Is it fair for the old guys, the hardcores, the what-have-you's? Debatable.

Ali wrote:

I know how it will be headlined, but no one with accurate knowledge of the old band's lineup could say it was a true, full reunion without Izzy's presence (for example).

Fact of the matter is, most people identifying themselves as fans of the band have a hard time naming a third member out of the AFD lineup. Cry them a river about a drummer who used to be in the band way back when, but they won't give a toss.

Ali wrote:

It's irrelevant what we think.

There you go.

The Beatles were a huge band, but still, not all people who like the band can name all those guys. They don't care, the music's what counts.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Ali, you should be an Irish politician you play the semantic game so well 22:haha:

Izzy stated he was totally up for a reunion in 2011.

FPMN: Of course, rumors are always swirling of a Guns N' Roses reunion. What are your feelings about that? If that ever happened, would you agree to participate in it?

Izzy: I'd love to reunite with AFD lineup. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was just us five. No disrespect to Dizzy Reed.

Source: http://www.mamasfallenangels.com/group/ … st-24-2011

It's all down to Axl man...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Ali, you should be an Irish politician you play the semantic game so well 22:haha:

FPMN: Of course, rumors are always swirling of a Guns N' Roses reunion. What are your feelings about that? If that ever happened, would you agree to participate in it?

Izzy: I'd love to reunite with AFD lineup. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was just us five. No disrespect to Dizzy Reed.

22 Interesting

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Well you can put izzy down for wanting to do a few songs at RRHOF

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Awesome find. Ali just got pwned again.... Lol

Board footer