You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Gibbo wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Man this thread isn't even that bad.

I went over to HTGH just to take a peek and wow they are hating huge on this reunion and really drinking the jesus juice / kool aid about how the current incarnation of GN'R with the replace replacements are on fire. I just laughed and thought glad I quit that board.

Wow more slash haters then here didnt think that was possible big_smile I just cant see why any GNR fan wouldnt want a few songs played at rrhof if it wasnt for the originals they would be nothing

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

It's nuts alright, it's like calling for Axl to front a tribute band like Guns 2 Roses for the night rather than play the old songs with the guys who were there.
I have total respect for the new band as people and musicians but unfortunately their boss is very slow at taking them up from the tribute act level.
Those fundamentalists at Jarmos cave are fucking deranged. Cannot remember another band that had such nutty followers.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

It's nuts alright, it's like calling for Axl to front a tribute band like Guns 2 Roses for the night rather than play the old songs with the guys who were there.
I have total respect for the new band as people and musicians but unfortunately their boss is very slow at taking them up from the tribute act level.
Those fundamentalists at Jarmos cave are fucking deranged. Cannot remember another band that had such nutty followers.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

when did it change to axl is not attending? did i miss something?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I think he'll be there, only expect him to take the stage and bow a few hours late. smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gibbo wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I went over to HTGH just to take a peek and wow they are hating huge on this reunion and really drinking the jesus juice / kool aid about how the current incarnation of GN'R with the replace replacements are on fire. I just laughed and thought glad I quit that board.

Wow more slash haters then here didnt think that was possible big_smile I just cant see why any GNR fan wouldnt want a few songs played at rrhof if it wasnt for the originals they would be nothing

In fairness to HTGTH, overall there are just a lot more members on that board.  So obviously you're going to have a larger number of people who hate Slash.  I also think there are a larger number who love Slash there too, and the 2 sides clash as always, as is the case on every board.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Slash doesnt suck at singing.  Check out dust n bones from indy 1991 on the "get all that u own section. His voice is kick ass

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
faldor wrote:
gibbo wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

In fairness to HTGTH, overall there are just a lot more members on that board.  So obviously you're going to have a larger number of people who hate Slash.  I also think there are a larger number who love Slash there too, and the 2 sides clash as always, as is the case on every board.

Nah its appalling there, even the captain of the ship, the guy on the "GNR camp" pay roll, sneeringly refers to Slash as "this liar" - so obviously theres no predudice there 16

Its bollocks, its all bollocks. 2012 goes down as the year when the GNR forums finally collapse under the weight of their own stupidity, all of them have been stupendously bad, worse than ever before by a lightyear. The lunatics are running the asylum and I deserve to be shot in the head for spending any time of my shitey worthless existence on this planet paying attention to the complete and utter garbage thats getting thrown around nowadays.
A bullet in the head sounds like glorious, sweet sweet tranquility compared to "Slash is evil, No Axl is evil, No original GNR are evil, No new GNR are evil..."and on and on and back and forth.

To play devils advocate... Old GNR were never this boring 16

I'm fucking drunk

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
war wrote:

when did it change to axl is not attending? did i miss something?

No no, don't be silly. You didn't miss anything. We're simply assuming he's not coming because he's an ass.

That's how this game is played...

Board footer