You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'm glad we got something straight from Axl. No bullshit "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend" type of stuff

Nice REO Speedwagon reference

[youtube]rcKFtyy1FPM&ob=av2n[/youtube]

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'm glad we got something straight from Axl. No bullshit "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend" type of stuff

Nice REO Speedwagon reference

[youtube]rcKFtyy1FPM&ob=av2n[/youtube]

haha, totally by accident. I was actually thinking more along the lines of Ferris Bueller. 16

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
WARose wrote:

they asked him about a full reunion tour, right? just saying....

DCK wrote:

Yep, which no one here even thought remotely possible.

So a lot of fuzz because of an idiot reporter asking the wrong question.

So you're saying he'd be keen for a one-off reunion show but is vehemently anti more than one show like a full tour?

I love you guys but this is getting insane.

I'm not sure exactly how many anti-reunion statements Axl has to make before you come to the party and accept he doesn't want any kind of reunion.

He's said the price of the RRHOF gig was "too high". He's said he only wants to deal with Ex members 1 and a time. He's said he wants nothing to do with Slash at all. That it would only come by ambush and then it would be an ugly scene.  He's said death will come first. Now he says a reunion tour won't come this lifetime.

Now I'll be the first to jump in with the "I don't speak for Axl Rose" disclaimer DJ and the others always use...but...cough...I notice a little theme here. 16

to make it clear, no i don`t think they`ll be playing together at the rrhof 16

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

My fandom of Axl is even creeping ME out at this stage.

The man looks in shape but I'm thinking.."what the fuck happened your face?". He was one good looking mother in his day and its just gone..His face is bloated.

Slash, Duff, Matt and Izzy all look like older but reasonably intact versions of themselves. (My wife thinks Matt & Duff are still very hot).

Axl looks like you'd imagine his brother might look; a poorer, less pampered, less personal-trainered version of his famous sibling.

I sound like one of the bitches on Fashion Police but seriously, if I had his kind of cabbage to spend I'd be a third dan killing machine, trained one-on-one by some ex-Navy Seal and I'd have a chin you could cut wood with...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Dude just needs to smile more and booze less.

He looks good, much fitter than he has for quite a while. He's obviously been hitting the gym, you can see he has some wee pecs there rather than some wee moobs.
Good on him, I was worried he was going to roll into Europe the same shape he rolled into the last few tours, but naw he's a lean mean non-reuniting machine 9

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

My fandom of Axl is even creeping ME out at this stage.

The man looks in shape and is think but I'm thinking.."what the fuck happened your face?". He was one good looking mother in his day and its just gone..His face is bloated.

Slash, Duff, Matt and Izzy all look like older but reasonably intact versions of themselves. (My wife thinks Matt & Duff are still very hot).

Axl looks like you'd imagine his brother might look; a poorer, less pampered, less personal-trainered version of his famous sibling.

I sound like one of the bitches on Fashion Police but seriously, if I had his kind of cabbage to spend I'd be a third dan killing machine trained one on one by some ex-Navy Seal and I'd have a chin you could cut wood with...

Yeah hes gone down hill since 2006 thats for sure i thought he was looking good for his age back then

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

but naw he's a lean mean non-reuniting machine

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Scabbie wrote:

Isn't it funny. People hounded Axl over Chinese Democracy for years. Now it's out he's being hounded over a reunion. Reunion questions are like the 'when's Chinese democracy coming out'

If Axl wants people off his case he needs to make a statement with the new band. Touring ain't good enough.

I just want him to do something. Reunite, new album... something other than this endless cycle of touring. Because he's not just wasting his own talent, he's wasting that of Tommy Stinson, Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba et al.

At the moment it's looking like the only way we'll get new music out of Axl Rose is if he's run over by a bus and the record company gets its hands on the archive (and were that to happen - God forbid - you can bet your life the execs would be straight on the phone to Slash, Izzy and Duff).

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

and were that to happen - God forbid - you can bet your life the execs would be straight on the phone to Slash, Izzy and Duff

you know, that's a very interesting idea.
If Axl did die and the label owned a bunch of his recordings, they could in theory get the old band to come in and finish the songs.

Now there would be a reunion witout strife.

Axl would be the Tupac of Rock..more posthumous Number 1's than when he was alive!!

Obviously, I don't want the man to die but I would love to know what the old band would have even done with the CD tracks if they were handed them with just Axl's voice and piano..

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
WARose wrote:

they asked him about a full reunion tour, right? just saying....

DCK wrote:

Yep, which no one here even thought remotely possible.

So a lot of fuzz because of an idiot reporter asking the wrong question.

So you're saying he'd be keen for a one-off reunion show but is vehemently anti more than one show like a full tour?

Nope, not saying that at all.

Isn't it a bitch when you hit the gym and work out, loosing weight all over but your face seems to be stuck in bloated mode?

Board footer