You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Fact of the matter is, most people identifying themselves as fans of the band have a hard time naming a third member out of the AFD lineup.

The Beatles were a huge band, but still, not all people who like the band can name all those guys. They don't care, the music's what counts.

don't agree w/any of this fwiw
even people who aren't fans know who izzy duff & steven are from GnR
everyone & his dog know ringo & george

that is all.

AtariLegend wrote:

Disagree, casuals fans might. The average person the street only knows Slash then Axl.

Isn't 1990 anymore and Guns as glorius as they were, are not thought of as Beatle like to the current generation.

Basing this on UK news alone as an example >

Ringo Starr dies tommorow, it gets 3-5 mins tribute on ITV/BBC news at 10:00PM and a headline story on Sky News.

Stven Adler dies tommorow, it gets a short 13th in order story on BBC Entertainment section of BBC Teletext/Website.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Ali, you should be an Irish politician you play the semantic game so well 22:haha:

Izzy stated he was totally up for a reunion in 2011.

FPMN: Of course, rumors are always swirling of a Guns N' Roses reunion. What are your feelings about that? If that ever happened, would you agree to participate in it?

Izzy: I'd love to reunite with AFD lineup. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was just us five. No disrespect to Dizzy Reed.

Source: http://www.mamasfallenangels.com/group/ … st-24-2011

It's all down to Axl man...

Awesome find. Ali just got pwned again.... Lol

The only ones likely to get "pwned" from this situation is people still thinking a reunited GNR are going on a world tour and making a new album if Axl and Slash talk for 5 mins and hug at Hall Of Fame.

Too much fucking TV guys. I'd love to be wrong, but Guns disbanded slowly many years ago. Even if no one shows up, this convo. will still be happening next year at Super Bowl.

nugdafied wrote:

I can help but think that if all 5 show up, some live music will come from it. There's going to be so many peers and influences there for Axl that I can see him getting caught up in the festivities and playing along. Would he really let Anthony Keidis steal the evening while watching from a table when Slash and Izzy are right there to play Nightrain? If Rod Stewart tells him he loves GNR's Heavens Door cover, would Axl just say thanks and walk away? In short, I think they'll end up playing and it'll bring the house down.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

nah, don't think so. I think people hope that GNR will unite and just rock it outta the park. The dreamers among us hope they get the same rush that guys got that led them to setting up VR and something similar happens here.

Its a fucking fairytale but sure why not dream out loud? its utterly harmless....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Then he should do the right thing. Reunite at the RHOF, kill it with the old guys like he would,  and then simply reunite with them for good. Problem solved tongue

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

"Anyone putting his own personal entertainment above everything else is sickening."

- Axl, 2009

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

This is why I say Axl is literally damned either way. If dude comes out and kills it with the original guys, everyone will shit on him for going back to tour with "today's Guns N' Roses" and if he doesn't do it, everyone will shit on him.

Probably. Mostly his fault. But I'd have far more respect for him if he'd 'man up' and do the reunion. Unless he releases an album quickly which is his get out of jail card.

Board footer