You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Sky Dog wrote:

I understand Axl's reluctance to play. I do not for the life of me understand Izzy not showing up or playing. Bizarre.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

To me, as Guns N' Roses always was, it's about holding on to what you believe.

I agree with most of your post except they owing us ANY thing and the no longer support for Axl n' Izzy.

Axl and Izzy's post-GN'R efforts are still pleasant for me. Both Slash and Duff came to play in my city, in my neighbourhood actually, and I didn't bother to go see them. I've travelled far for GN'R (won't anymore until a new album is released or new material is being played) and would travel to see Izzy.

Both of 'em, love it or hate it, live on their own terms and you gotta respect that. Also, it's not that fame did it to them. If you read biographies and know the story of the band, you'll know that they were starving and acting the way they are now.

A one-off reunion for this award would do no harm in my opinion but I totally respect Axl not wanting to do it and Izzy avoiding the drama.

A reunion tour or album would make me lose the little respect I have left for Axl (and Izzy). It would be the last thing that needs to fall in order for me to move on. I want new music, I want the vault opened and dissecated, I want more from Axl musically, artistically.

Slash and Duff's solo efforts, except on some glimpses, do not motivate me so I don't support it but not because I hold a grudge - only because it doesn't interest me. And it also doesn't mean I'm an Axlite.

Chinese Democracy, to me, is a 7 good/amazing off 14 songs album. Izzy's solo career has more things I like but has the same rate of good/bad of 50%.

Shor version: a one-off reunion don't mean NOTHING to me at this point. A full reunion means GN'R is dead (sounds strange hun?).

i totally agree with your assessment of the post breakup output of all parties... that's how strongly i feel about this...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I agree with most of your post except they owing us ANY thing and the no longer support for Axl n' Izzy.

Axl and Izzy's post-GN'R efforts are still pleasant for me. Both Slash and Duff came to play in my city, in my neighbourhood actually, and I didn't bother to go see them. I've travelled far for GN'R (won't anymore until a new album is released or new material is being played) and would travel to see Izzy.

Both of 'em, love it or hate it, live on their own terms and you gotta respect that. Also, it's not that fame did it to them. If you read biographies and know the story of the band, you'll know that they were starving and acting the way they are now.

A one-off reunion for this award would do no harm in my opinion but I totally respect Axl not wanting to do it and Izzy avoiding the drama.

A reunion tour or album would make me lose the little respect I have left for Axl (and Izzy). It would be the last thing that needs to fall in order for me to move on. I want new music, I want the vault opened and dissecated, I want more from Axl musically, artistically.

Slash and Duff's solo efforts, except on some glimpses, do not motivate me so I don't support it but not because I hold a grudge - only because it doesn't interest me. And it also doesn't mean I'm an Axlite.

Chinese Democracy, to me, is a 7 good/amazing off 14 songs album. Izzy's solo career has more things I like but has the same rate of good/bad of 50%.

Shor version: a one-off reunion don't mean NOTHING to me at this point. A full reunion means GN'R is dead (sounds strange hun?).

Excellent post. Def agree with the 7 out of 14 comment on CD also. +1

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

What a lot of people still don't quite understand is.. This is the perfect opportunity for a one off reunion show because it is an award CELEBRATING THE PAST.

So a few songs celebrating what u created together in no way derails anything going on in the future. I don't think so anyway.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
-D- wrote:

What a lot of people still don't quite understand is.. This is the perfect opportunity for a one off reunion show because it is an award CELEBRATING THE PAST.

So a few songs celebrating what u created together in no way derails anything going on in the future. I don't think so anyway.

bingo

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

gibbo wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Yeah, I thought that sign-off was a bit selfish. The rest of the letter seems heartfelt though, and it clearly touched a nerve with Duff.

He's such a classy guy. Duff should get together with Bumblefoot, Brian May and Dave Grohl and form a band made up of the nicest guys in rock. They could drive around in a van like the Scooby-Doo crew, being stand-up guys to everyone they meet.

14 14

I'd buy a ticket with no hesitation! xD 5 3

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I think it does affect what Axl is trying to do moving forward BUT, at the same time, so does showing up unprepared for a Rock In Rio type of event or closing the VMA's or not promoting your record aka most anticipated rock album of all time.

An one off reunion sabotages Axl but not as much as himself in the major shots he had.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

-D- wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Excellent post. Def agree with the 7 out of 14 comment on CD also. +1

Yeah same here. Chinese is an amazing album; but it does have a few miss songs like Scraped and maybe Riad. Personally if Axl does show up to the induction, then hopefully no drama or back talking ensues. Everyone can be cool for a little while. Axl does need to make it perfectly clear that he wants everyone to know that this current lineup with DJ, Ron, Tommy, etc will continue on and release new music in the near future and not just for nostalgia purposes. I don't mind the constant touring as long as they stretch out the set lists and bring in some cool songs that haven't been playing in a long time or new material. It's better than just silence. This band could create a great rock album when using each member's abilities properly to give it a good GNR sound. End the confusion of Chinese's development and release the demos and vault material with some new touches & bonus material. It would be cool if Izzy showed too. It can be pretty painless if they all just smile and shake hands. If the press and the media want to make a scene, tell 'em to fuck off and get in the ring.  9

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

The things is guys, you all seem so sure that a reunion album would be old and stale. Why? These men would be bringing 16 years of life experience together plus all of the music they have internalised, written, admired, copied etc to the table. They would also be bringing their fucking A game to the table as the tension would be high.

I cannot see how you could write off the reunion band. Its that tension between Axl and the guys that brought the perfect balance to the music (bombast and complexity versus punk energy and venom). Why are you so sure they could not find that magic again?

To say it can't happen is as wrong as assuming it would...sadly we will never know.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

to back my BS up just listen to the chorus on this..

Board footer